Has anyone purchased the Seidio Innocase for the Torch.
    I've tried 4 diff cases and can't find one that has a slider cover that will stay on.
    Just wondering about the Innocase.
    10-12-10 05:38 PM
    I agree. None will stay on so far (mobi, otterbox, siedio). I have ordered a personalized skin for it and have the Blackberry OEM Leather holster. I've always had an otterbox on all previous phones but I'm really liking the barebones feel with just the 1mm skin.
    10-12-10 05:55 PM
    The Seidio would not stay on (the Torch)? Which Seidio product are you talking about?

__________________________________________________ __________

I agree. None will stay on so far (mobi, otterbox, siedio). I have ordered a personalized skin for it and have the Blackberry OEM Leather holster. I've always had an otterbox on all previous phones but I'm really liking the barebones feel with just the 1mm skin.
    10-12-10 06:14 PM
    The Seidio case JUST came out. You're saying you already tried it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 07:10 PM
    You guys that are saying the top piece is not staying on...how are you opening the slider? Are you pushing up with a thumb at the bottom of the top piece? I put my thumb on the screen and apply a little downward and upward pressure to open it. I've used both the Mobi case and the Case-mate barely there and don't have a problem with the top piece flying off.

The clips on these snap-on cases can't get much larger as they'll interfere with the slide, so I doubt this is a problem that's going to go away. The AGF GRT might be the only solution, for now.
    10-12-10 07:21 PM
    I have had no success with the top piece staying on during a fall with the Otterbox OR AGF GRT(haven't tried the Mobi). I have dropped my Torch w/both cases on, and the top popped off both cases on impact. Guess that's the nature of the beast, when dealing w/a slider device.

10-12-10 09:33 PM
    I haven't tried the Case-Mate but have read good reviews. I just received the Seidio Innocase Surface case and it pops off the front easier than I would like. I tested with a drop from about 4 feet on the sofa and it popped off.
    10-13-10 11:23 AM
    I haven't tried the Case-Mate but have read good reviews. I just received the Seidio Innocase Surface case and it pops off the front easier than I would like. I tested with a drop from about 4 feet on the sofa and it popped off.
    I've tried the CaseMate Barely There, Medley, Otter Box Commuter and a CM knock off from Wirefly.
    The Barely There was the most secure but they all popped off......in my pocket.
    I'm a contractor and am kinda ruff on this stuff, ever when it's in my pocket.
    Guess I'll just keep replacing my Invisible Shield every 6 months.
    10-13-10 11:29 AM
    Yes I have the Seidio Innocase Surface. I signed up for email notification when it was available and ordered right away. Just received it yesterday and tried to drop it on the sofa. It is pretty solid. It doesnt pop off while opening and closing the slider but it did on the drop test. However it only popped off once. Then I reset it and can't get it to pop off again on the sofa drop test so could have been my installation flaw. Im not going to test drop in on the floor so if i do drop it i will update. My friend has a torch with AT&T skin on it and OEM Leather holster and I might go that route also if the Seidio doesnt work out.
    10-13-10 11:30 AM
    i see the seidio spring-clip case just came out in the crackberry blogs,
    and i have been looking for one but cant find it in shop crackberry?
    is it even out yet?
    Ive been looking for a case just like this one
    10-16-10 05:42 PM
    I just got this case yesterday and love it so far. Way less bulky than the AGF or Otterbox. I also love the soft rubber feel, kinda feels like a skin but has the protection of a hard case. I'd recommend for anyone who was like me and wanted a case but nothing too bulky.

Haven't noticed anything about front popping off either, have test dropped it onto bed and couch and nothing has happened.

10-16-10 09:51 PM
    I've tried every case so far. and either the slider part of the cast breaks, falls off, etc. The clips on these cases have all broken VERY easily... Whats different on the AGF cases, etc?

The seido cas is working NO differently.(or its not a real seido case) I bought it off ebay and it looks EXACTLy the same as the origional seido case.
    10-17-10 12:39 AM
    I bought a cheap spin off in a local mall, I didn't think it would fit well so I tried it out. Fits and works great, doesn't come off unless you take it off. It has a mild rubberized hard plastic feel to it and was a steal at $15.
    Slider opens much easier with one thumb as well.

Last edited by North-Face; 10-17-10 at 02:27 AM.
    10-17-10 02:24 AM
    I just got this case yesterday and love it so far. Way less bulky than the AGF or Otterbox. I also love the soft rubber feel, kinda feels like a skin but has the protection of a hard case. I'd recommend for anyone who was like me and wanted a case but nothing too bulky.

Haven't noticed anything about front popping off either, have test dropped it onto bed and couch and nothing has happened.

where did you get the case from?
    thanks
    10-17-10 05:54 AM
    I just e-mailed OB for the SECOND time about needing a replacement faceplate for my Torch. With the original one (purchased from an AT&T corporate store with the receipt foolishly thrown away) the latch that holds it to the top of the screen completely broke off. With the second that OB shipped me, both latches (top and bottom) are beginning to break off and now the faceplate will not stay on.

So, has anyone found a SOLID build for a case yet? And I mean a case, not a skin or a holster.

I called OB and they sent me a replacement case the same day. But, the replacement doesn't fit as well and I just don't trust it after my top piece did the same as yours on my original case. Try calling them. If you get a replacement you can at least sell it on ebay and get some of your money back.

I've tried the Case-Mate Barely There, the Otterbox, a couple of cheap cases off ebay (about $6 each) and now I have the Case-Mate Medley which is the best thus far though the clips that hold the top piece near the bottom lip of the slider are a little too pliable. The clip on the left side got folded in and wouldn't clip so I had to pop it out and re-shape it a bit to get it clip on correctly so it would sit right on the slider. It's still not what I am looking for but it's an improvement.

OP, could you post photos of the Innocase on the Torch? Thanks.

I'm waiting for the Seidio Active X. If I like the look of it, then I think that will be the one I get.

Cases are really a challenge for this phone. Hope someone figures it out soon.
    10-17-10 11:11 AM
    Awesome case i have nothing bad to say. It stays on great i dropped it down the stairs by accident Solid. wish i could see the active case as well.
    10-17-10 08:16 PM
    Awesome case i have nothing bad to say. It stays on great i dropped it down the stairs by accident Solid. wish i could see the active case as well.
    Exactly which case are you referring to?
    10-17-10 10:05 PM
    I called OB and they sent me a replacement case the same day. But, the replacement doesn't fit as well and I just don't trust it after my top piece did the same as yours on my original case. Try calling them. If you get a replacement you can at least sell it on ebay and get some of your money back.

I've tried the Case-Mate Barely There, the Otterbox, a couple of cheap cases off ebay (about $6 each) and now I have the Case-Mate Medley which is the best thus far though the clips that hold the top piece near the bottom lip of the slider are a little too pliable. The clip on the left side got folded in and wouldn't clip so I had to pop it out and re-shape it a bit to get it clip on correctly so it would sit right on the slider. It's still not what I am looking for but it's an improvement.

OP, could you post photos of the Innocase on the Torch? Thanks.

I'm waiting for the Seidio Active X. If I like the look of it, then I think that will be the one I get.

Cases are really a challenge for this phone. Hope someone figures it out soon.
    I didn't get the Inno....yet. I wanted to get some input first.

10-17-10 10:35 PM
    I didn't get the Inno....yet. I wanted to get some input first.

That's right! Sorry. There was someone who was posting (my apologies to the poster for forgetting you!) that they had gotten it already. To that person, please post photos, for me and berryjunkie.
    10-17-10 11:55 PM

Can you post pictures of it, I'm interested in those skins but woult like to see pictures and have your opinion ?

Thanks
    10-18-10 04:00 AM
    That's right! Sorry. There was someone who was posting (my apologies to the poster for forgetting you!) that they had gotten it already. To that person, please post photos, for me and berryjunkie.
    Yes, please. I'd like to see some pix as well.

10-18-10 07:24 AM
    tphannon, do you notice any "movement" on the slider when just using the touch screen or menu buttons on the bottom? I had the OB and it made the phone feel cheap as the slider was wiggly with the faceplate on. Also the OB took up too much room on the top row of keys when using the Qwerty. How does this feel?
    10-18-10 11:10 AM
    where did you get the case from?
    thanks
    Got it from seidio online
    10-18-10 01:38 PM
    Are you talking about the new Seidio Innocase Surface Case for the BlackBerry Torch that just became available?
    10-18-10 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD