06-18-09 12:04 PM
55 123
tools
    Hello,

As some has already pointed out, the area near the trackball is concaved downward to provide a smooth transition between the keys and the trackball. Because of the built-in screen guard and keyboard cover, the horizontal bar above the trackball is necessary to hold the two together.

Our engineer identified the trackball issue with the Case-Mate case and made adjustments accordingly, it may take a bit to get used to, but it's definitely not difficult to navigate.
    05-20-09 09:54 AM
    Our engineer identified the trackball issue with the Case-Mate case and made adjustments accordingly, it may take a bit to get used to, but it's definitely not difficult to navigate.
    Ah, means it will never change then . Guess I'll have to pass on this case for good then...
    05-20-09 01:53 PM
    i just ordered one for my bold on thursday and it arrived today. so far so good. i have no problems with the screen protector sticking and all the keyboard keys work great. for some reason i actually type faster with this case on. the recessed trackball doesnt bother me either. the only problem i have is that its hard to press the standby button. its not really that big of a deal since its already recessed and difficult to press to begin with.
    Last edited by CaCHooKaMan; 06-13-09 at 08:29 PM.
    06-13-09 08:21 PM
    The case itself is great, but after using my new Innocase 360 on my Bold for only a few weeks there is a clear film that has started peeling on the right hand side of the Track Ball, it seems to be a film that sits over the silicon keyboard cover.

Other than that the trackball does take some getting used.
    06-17-09 11:05 PM
    Does anyone have a picture of this case assembled next to a bare Bold? I'm interested in getting a good case but I don't want to make my bold much thicker (like the otterbox).

Thanks
    06-18-09 12:04 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD