Is this one going to pop off if dropped like my current innocase does? I had to get a different case cause after about 3 drops, the clips holding the front and back together and done.
    05-26-09 01:07 PM
    The Innocase's interior was lined with felt on the back piece to avoid scratching the device. Unfortunately the front piece was unlined and the hard plastic rubbing against the Storm resulted in the front top and bottom bezel and side pieces wearing and scratching. Within a few weeks the phone looked horrible.
    The inside of the case is not lined... it is a smooth plastic. I am working on my review and will have the thread updated soon.
    05-26-09 01:51 PM
    Has the Innocase holster been redesigned to allow for charging the phone while it's in the holster. The one's first released covered the charging port. Some were trimming down that side with a dremmel tool or something to make it usable. I'll be darned if I'm going to resort to modifying a $55 case and holster to allow it to do what any other similar product already does; and for much less money. The price for these two items is way out there compared to most others. I realize it's probably worth more than the average ebay find, but not that much more.

My son was using the innocase II combo until last week when he caught the clip of the holster on a soccer net while helping a kid with a field day game. The clip tore completely off the holster and the phone went flying. Thankfully no damage to the phone. The case and holster are toast however. I wouldn't purchase it again either.
    05-26-09 01:55 PM
    No lining on the case = MAJOR FAIL. Hard plastic rubbing against the Storm will result in substantial damage to the finish of the device over time. (I've seen this damage first hand on a few Storms).

This is just my opinion, but why buy a case that will scratch your phone? Isn't the whole idea to avoid damage?

Seido knew and have known about this since the Seido Innocase I came out, and understood the interior had to be fully lined to avoid damage. I was told it was an oversight that only the backing was lined.

No wonder Seido has not responded to my numerous inquiries regarding this issue on the 360 case. Weak. IMHO Crackberry should not even sell these items - at least not without a full description and disclaimer about damage to the finish from proper use.
    05-26-09 02:34 PM
    No lining on the case = MAJOR FAIL. Hard plastic rubbing against the Storm will result in substantial damage to the finish of the device over time. (I've seen this damage first hand on a few Storms).

This is just my opinion, but why buy a case that will scratch your phone? Isn't the whole idea to avoid damage?

Seido knew and have known about this since the Seido Innocase I came out, and understood the interior had to be fully lined to avoid damage. I was told it was an oversight that only the backing was lined.

No wonder Seido has not responded to my numerous inquiries regarding this issue on the 360 case. Weak. IMHO Crackberry should not even sell these items - at least not without a full description and disclaimer about damage to the finish from proper use.
    I had been using the Innocase II for quite some time before this one, and my Storm doesn't have a scratch on it. I'm not sure that I understand how the case "rubs" on the phone if the phone doesn't slide around in the case. My Innocase II (and the 360) fit very tightly on my phone... I'm not sure where scratches would come from. Even taking the Innocase II off the phone periodically to pull the battery or wipe the phone down never caused any kind of scratching.
    05-26-09 02:39 PM
    I really doubted that you can find too many cases with lining on the case.

But to me, if the phone fit tight inside the case, there should not be any scratch at all. If you see movement on the phone inside the case, you may want to exchange one. Or was that your screen moving instead of the phone moving in the case??
    05-26-09 03:16 PM
    Is this one going to pop off if dropped like my current innocase does? I had to get a different case cause after about 3 drops, the clips holding the front and back together and done.
    Can you please ask your engineer this seido vendor
    05-26-09 05:49 PM
    I'm gonna have to pass since it is in BO status
    05-26-09 07:26 PM
    I'm gonna have to pass since it is in BO status
    We have got more in today. Shipping for Innocase - 360 black case began today.
    05-26-09 07:40 PM
    We have got more in today. Shipping for Innocase - 360 black case began today.
    Sweet!

Is there any way possible I can pay with PayPal?
    05-26-09 07:42 PM
    Ok I should have taken a look at the case under a flash light before putting it on. It took me a while to get remove dust and prints from around the blackberry storm. I assumed the innocase 360 would be dust free since it was sealed in a bag but apparently it wasn't. I can see dust stuck to the inside of the innocase 360 screen cover. Also I can not remove this case if I try to use any more force than what im using it will break this plastic.
    05-26-09 07:56 PM
    Ok I should have taken a look at the case under a flash light before putting it on. It took me a while to get remove dust and prints from around the blackberry storm. I assumed the innocase 360 would be dust free since it was sealed in a bag but apparently it wasn't. I can see dust stuck to the inside of the innocase 360 screen cover. Also I can not remove this case if I try to use any more force than what im using it will break this plastic.
    To remove the case, start pulling it apart at the opening for the micro USB port... if you start there, it will come apart. I have taken mine off numerous times to see how it would hold up, and I had no issues.
    05-26-09 08:05 PM
    Ok, ordered mine. Hopefully I'll get it by the end of the week!
    05-26-09 08:40 PM
    To remove the case, start pulling it apart at the opening for the micro USB port... if you start there, it will come apart. I have taken mine off numerous times to see how it would hold up, and I had no issues.
    I too can read the instructions...Its not coming apart.
    05-26-09 09:40 PM
    sorry im just frustrated, the skin on my thumbs is coming off before this case is.
    05-26-09 09:54 PM
    Don't worry about it Morf...Just remember...

05-26-09 09:56 PM
    sorry im just frustrated, the skin on my thumbs is coming off before this case is.
    It's all good. Don't sweat it. I'm sorry you're having an issue. The very first time I took mine off was the toughest. After that, it still took a little force, but much less. Start at the USB port, and then just try pulling towards one tab at a time... try starting with the tab that holds it together around the left convenience key. That is the direction I went first.
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-26-09 at 10:01 PM.
    05-26-09 09:58 PM
    finally got it, had to use a screwdriver covered with cloth to pry the underside beneath the usb port. Now to fight the dust =0
    05-26-09 10:02 PM
    Looks pretty good to me......waiting for storm 2 to come out..
    05-26-09 10:22 PM
    finally got it, had to use a screwdriver covered with cloth to pry the underside beneath the usb port. Now to fight the dust =0
    I wiped mine out before I put it on... I just used one of those microfiber cloths to do it. I wiped the screen down well, and then the plastic parts. I figured there might be some crap in there just from the manufacturing/packaging process. A microfiber should work.
    05-26-09 10:25 PM
    Is anyone at all going to comment on how the screen cover affects typing on this bad boy?? Does the screen cover stick to the screen or is it kind of like, i don't know how to explain.... will it move around at all or is it stuck to the screen securely as a regular stick on screen guard???
    05-26-09 10:27 PM
    Is anyone at all going to comment on how the screen cover affects typing on this bad boy?? Does the screen cover stick to the screen or is it kind of like, i don't know how to explain.... will it move around at all or is it stuck to the screen securely as a regular stick on screen guard???
    Check out the first post in this thread, and click on the link to the actual review. The screen cover is part of the case... it doesn't move around at all. It doesn't stick fast to the screen, but it sits right up against it. The screen is just as responsive under the screen cover as a normal screen protector.
    05-26-09 10:30 PM
    nooooo i got the dust out but now theres bubbles showing up. Thats a lil odd there was no bubbles the first time. Hopefully they will go away like the instructions say.
    05-26-09 10:53 PM
    nooooo i got the dust out but now theres bubbles showing up. Thats a lil odd there was no bubbles the first time. Hopefully they will go away like the instructions say.
    They will. Wait a couple of days, and if they don't, take the top of the case off and put it back on. I had bubbles the first two days, and when I took the case apart and put it back together they went away, and they haven't been back since.
    05-26-09 10:55 PM
    How quickly did you receive your case Morf?

I ordered a black one today. I wanted a blue one, but need a new case real quick

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 04:16 AM
114 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD