09-02-09 03:34 PM
114 1234 ...
tools
    I have the otterbox defender case now and I would like to know if this product will be less bulky, and if so then by how much?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This case is 1mm thick. That's it. Personally, I don't think it adds any considerable bulk to the device.
    05-23-09 08:21 PM
    This case is 1mm thick. That's it. Personally, I don't think it adds any considerable bulk to the device.
    After I read the reviews on how typing is on it I will most likely get it. Thank you for your help.

05-23-09 10:06 PM
    After I read the reviews on how typing is on it I will most likely get it. Thank you for your help.

No problem. I received mine today, and will be updating this thread with a review in a few days... I want to use it for a bit so I can give it an honest review!
    05-23-09 10:36 PM
    No problem. I received mine today, and will be updating this thread with a review in a few days... I want to use it for a bit so I can give it an honest review!
    pin:305B0664. Please keep me updated as I want to order either this case or the casemate naked case (in all honesty I'm leaning toward this one. I might get both depending how nice my paycheck is lol)

05-24-09 01:36 AM
    It looks like it will hide the annoying light that leaks from the screen around the buttons too. I think I'm going to try one as an alternative to the bulky Otterbox.

05-24-09 11:41 AM
    It looks like it will hide the annoying light that leaks from the screen around the buttons too. I think I'm going to try one as an alternative to the bulky Otterbox.

It sure does!
    05-24-09 11:43 AM
    I like the appearance and features this case offers.
    I just have one question though: will this case fit in both the holsters offered by Seidio, or just the Innocase?
    Also.... how hard is it to take the case off your Storm, without damaging the 360?
    05-24-09 11:23 PM
    I like the appearance and features this case offers.
    I just have one question though: will this case fit in both the holsters offered by Seidio, or just the Innocase?
    Also.... how hard is it to take the case off your Storm, without damaging the 360?
    I already have the holster the Innocase II fits in, and it also works for the 360. I have taken the 360 off and put it back on about 5 times now to test the build quality... it is taken off easily, snaps back together easily, and I have had no problems with it. Thread will be updated with full review in just a couple of days.
    05-24-09 11:26 PM
    I already have the holster the Innocase II fits in, and it also works for the 360. I have taken the 360 off and put it back on about 5 times now to test the build quality... it is taken off easily, snaps back together easily, and I have had no problems with it. Thread will be updated with full review in just a couple of days.
    Sounds good.
    As far as holsters go, I unfortunately have the regular Seidio holster.

Any idea if the 360 will fit the regular Seidio holster?
    05-24-09 11:35 PM
    i was using those regular cases you see selling everywhere, at the mall, ebay, small shops.. they are basically the clear plastic ones that snaps on.. i was using that for my curve and im currently using the invisible shield for my storm.. it works great but now its starting to peel.. so im thinking about buying this case..
    so my question is.. has dust gotten into your storm after using this case? because my curve has collected lots and lots of dust!
    05-25-09 08:41 AM
    i was using those regular cases you see selling everywhere, at the mall, ebay, small shops.. they are basically the clear plastic ones that snaps on.. i was using that for my curve and im currently using the invisible shield for my storm.. it works great but now its starting to peel.. so im thinking about buying this case..
    so my question is.. has dust gotten into your storm after using this case? because my curve has collected lots and lots of dust!
    I have only been using the case for 2 and a half days now, so it wouldn't be fair for me to say that dust hasn't gotten in there. I took the case off and put it back on again this morning, and there was not a speck of dust in there, so I would say so far, so good.

EDIT: Think about dust this way... if air can get to it, then dust can get to it. The only truly dust-free environment is a vacuum. With that said, there are going to be places where dust can get to the phone no matter what case you use, but some of the cases will significantly cut down on the dust issues people have. It would still be wise to take the case off every now and then to clean out any dust that has managed to find its way in there.
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-25-09 at 11:57 AM.
    05-25-09 10:43 AM
    Ok one question before i buy this.

Is the screen sealed on all four sides? Not just the top and bottom like on the otter box.
    05-25-09 10:45 AM
    Ok one question before i buy this.

Is the screen sealed on all four sides? Not just the top and bottom like on the otter box.
    I'm not familiar with the Otterbox... but the 360 covers the entire phone, with the exception of the lock & mute buttons (cut-outs for those), the camera shutter & volume buttons (cut-outs for those), and the left convenience key & micro USB port (cut-outs for those). The 360 even covers the Phone/BB/Escape/End buttons.

EDIT: I left these out as obvious, but maybe I shouldn't have... there are also cut-outs for speaker, mic, camera, LED.
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-25-09 at 12:38 PM.
    05-25-09 10:53 AM
    While I suspect the new 360 will fit in all the different cases Seido sells for the Storm, I don't want to assume that. We all know what happens when one assumes

In any case, will the new 360 fit in Seido's Vertical Leather Case? I see they have combos with the Holster and the Horizontal Leather Case, but not the Vertical Leather Case, which leads me to believe there is some size issue there. Thanks.

Inkdesigner
    05-25-09 12:33 PM
    While I suspect the new 360 will fit in all the different cases Seido sells for the Storm, I don't want to assume that. We all know what happens when one assumes

In any case, will the new 360 fit in Seido's Vertical Leather Case? I see they have combos with the Holster and the Horizontal Leather Case, but not the Vertical Leather Case, which leads me to believe there is some size issue there. Thanks.

Inkdesigner
    There may be... I don't know. I'm sure Seidio will answer any of these questions that I have been unable to.
    05-25-09 12:39 PM
    Wow it's already on back order.
    05-25-09 01:01 PM
    I woner if more colors will be offered for the 360, other than the four?
    Also still wondering if Seidio's regular spring holster will fit this case. I guess I won't find out until I get a 360 to test it out.
    Last edited by cmorty72; 05-25-09 at 01:39 PM.
    05-25-09 01:35 PM
    Also still wondering if Seidio's regular spring holster will fit this case. I guess I won't find out until I get a 360 to test it out.
    Be patient... it's a holiday weekend... Seidio has been very good about answering questions in this thread. You could also email Seidio and ask them.
    05-25-09 02:14 PM
    I just got my innocase 360 for the storm today. So far so good.

If I was forced to mention something negative about it I would have to say the top edge where the 2 parts meet is a bit sharp on my particular case.
    05-26-09 11:23 AM
    Is the entire inside of the case lined? Or just the back piece?
    05-26-09 11:28 AM
    Lined? It kind of feels like the material from the incipio ultra light feather case. I didnt pay too much attention to the backing of the front plate. The backing of the rear plate was a shiny plastic.
    05-26-09 11:31 AM
    About how much extra bulk would you say is added to your phone because of this case?

Is it about the same as the silicone cases that were out with the phone?

I just got my innocase 360 for the storm today. So far so good.

If I was forced to mention something negative about it I would have to say the top edge where the 2 parts meet is a bit sharp on my particular case.
    you could try a nail file to smooth it out.
    05-26-09 11:41 AM
    The Innocase's interior was lined with felt on the back piece to avoid scratching the device. Unfortunately the front piece was unlined and the hard plastic rubbing against the Storm resulted in the front top and bottom bezel and side pieces wearing and scratching. Within a few weeks the phone looked horrible.
    05-26-09 11:43 AM

Inkdesigner
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest! Yes, the vertical leather case for the Storm will be able to fit the Innocase 360. We will devise a combo for the vertical leather case soon. Stay tuned.

In order for the Innocase 360 to fit, you would have to have our Innocase Holster (SKU HLBB9530ASC). It will NOT fit the regular device holster (SKU HLBB9530AS). Hope this information helped!
    05-26-09 11:48 AM
    The Innocase's interior was lined with felt on the back piece to avoid scratching the device. Unfortunately the front piece was unlined and the hard plastic rubbing against the Storm resulted in the front top and bottom bezel and side pieces wearing and scratching. Within a few weeks the phone looked horrible.
    Its really thin, like the incipio ultra thin feather case but just all around the phone.

Can't confirm about the inside of the front panel my primary focus was getting the case on while making sure not a spec of dust was on the phone lol. I'd rather not open it.
    05-26-09 12:01 PM
114 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD