I have a BB Bold, and purchased two cases for it. The Otterbox Defender (for when I want the most protection), and the Seidio Innocase 360 (for when I want good protection, but a slimmer design, easier access, and no screen bubbles).

Both cases seem great, aside from one issue; reduced typing speed.

The Innocase actually seemed to increase my typing speed at first. It really has a great feel to it when typing, and actually seemed better than without a case on at all.

Until.... the keypad cover started to bulge out.

I read that others have had the same issue, and was looking for a fix. Assuming it's not a manufacture defect and only happens to some of them, and I doubt that it is as it took a couple weeks for it to start happening, is there a way to "shrink" the keypad cover so it's nice and tight again? I was considering using a hair dryer on the back side of it, but wasn't sure if it would damage it permanently, or even help in any way.

Has anyone found a solution to keeping the rubber tight and flat against the keys?
    Last edited by bladebarrier; 09-30-09 at 06:15 PM.
    09-30-09 06:13 PM
    I have the exact same issue. I had the first one RMA'd and now this one is starting to bulge. Its not as bad for if I paid 40 for the case I expect it to work longer than 1 week before it starts bulging.
    09-30-09 08:47 PM
    The response from Seidio is great. I think they know its a defect and just taking the case back and issuing refunds. Ohh well... Time to find another case to protect the phone
    10-01-09 05:11 PM
    lol so the 360 is known for having this defect?
    just one more step for me in the direction of a NEW (as in without the charging issue) otterbox defender
    10-02-09 12:51 AM
    I have a BB Bold, and purchased two cases for it. The Otterbox Defender (for when I want the most protection), and the Seidio Innocase 360 (for when I want good protection, but a slimmer design, easier access, and no screen bubbles).

Both cases seem great, aside from one issue; reduced typing speed.

The Innocase actually seemed to increase my typing speed at first. It really has a great feel to it when typing, and actually seemed better than without a case on at all.

Until.... the keypad cover started to bulge out.

I read that others have had the same issue, and was looking for a fix. Assuming it's not a manufacture defect and only happens to some of them, and I doubt that it is as it took a couple weeks for it to start happening, is there a way to "shrink" the keypad cover so it's nice and tight again? I was considering using a hair dryer on the back side of it, but wasn't sure if it would damage it permanently, or even help in any way.

Has anyone found a solution to keeping the rubber tight and flat against the keys?
    Hi bladebarrier,

We apologize that you are having an issue with the keypad cover. Please PM your information and we will see what we can do about it.

Regards,

Seidio
    10-02-09 10:46 AM
    Also interesting to see they would contact one user and not any other users that have the same problem.
    10-02-09 12:42 PM
    Also interesting to see they would contact one user and not any other users that have the same problem.
    Jesus christ, at least give them credit for being active here and trying to make their customers happy....
    10-06-09 12:24 AM
    Only took 3 business days to get an RMA to get a refund
    10-06-09 05:53 PM
    Mine is also bulging. I am on my second cover. The space bar is all white, the numbers are all rubbing off. Seidio has been less than helpful dealing with this issue since I bought it from a accessory distributor. The distributor was out of stock and Seidio wouldn't replace it. now I am on #2, paid shipping twice, and this case is junk after a few weeks.

IF the case stayed the way it was when new it would be great.

OH and nobody can hear me on my phone anymore.

So besides the keyboard streches, numbers rub off, maybe blocks the mic, retains dirt under the screen protector, its not a bad case!
    10-31-09 06:09 PM
    Mine is also bulging. I am on my second cover. The space bar is all white, the numbers are all rubbing off. Seidio has been less than helpful dealing with this issue since I bought it from a accessory distributor. The distributor was out of stock and Seidio wouldn't replace it. now I am on #2, paid shipping twice, and this case is junk after a few weeks.

IF the case stayed the way it was when new it would be great.

OH and nobody can hear me on my phone anymore.

So besides the keyboard streches, numbers rub off, maybe blocks the mic, retains dirt under the screen protector, its not a bad case!
    Thats why after the first one replacement and the second one did the same I requested for a refund. Their clips are great but this case with the bulging keyboard just annoyed the **** out me. Very poor design and really unresponsive support. RMA process took about 1 week.
    11-02-09 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD