Good day all,

Can anyone tell me if the 8330 will fit into a charging dock with the Seidio Innocase 360 case still on or does it have to be removed every time. I noticed in pictures of the Seidio Innocase 360 there are openings on the back for the charging dock and it says it's only 1 mm thick.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    12-30-09 04:01 PM
    Good luck getting an answer about the charging dock. I ask earlier this week.
    The more you open the case the less happy it is about going back together.
    BTW, the battery is fantastic!
    Last edited by tomthbomb; 12-30-09 at 04:34 PM.
    12-30-09 04:23 PM
    i would guess no usually it seems like with the seido cases the openings on the back are for their charging dock, someone will give you a deffinate answer though......seido is on this forum at times also
    12-30-09 04:34 PM
    Hey, Seidio:
    Any idea when you guys/gals are going to release the charging docks compatible with your 2600 batteries?

Jack

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 04:54 PM
    I have a Boxwave skin on mine. It fits in the dock a little snug, but I can't get it to make contact. Not sure if that is due to the thickness of the skin on the back not letting the contacts meet, or due to the phone not going into the dock far enough to make contact. Either way, I doubt that you can get the OEM dock to charge with any kind of skin or case on it.

12-30-09 04:58 PM
    Hey, Seidio:
    Any idea when you guys/gals are going to release the charging docks compatible with your 2600 batteries?

Jack

I have the 2600 battery too. I would like a charging stand but will not give up the 2600 to have one.
    12-30-09 09:37 PM
    The quick answer is no-it won't fit. I got an OEM charging pod for my 8330 for Christmas. I've also got a 2600 Seidio. Doesn't fit. Even tried a little dremel work but no-go. Decisions, decisions.
    12-31-09 07:42 AM
    Yep, it's like Seidio rushed an idea (the 2600 battery) into production without thinking it all the way through. Yep, it's the best battery out there bar none. But with no compatible charging dock it's relegated to merely a "pretty good" idea instead of a fantastic idea. Rethink the idea, create a compatible dock, remake the Innocase to work with the dock, and you'll have a guaranteed home run.
    It's a let down when you go to Seidio's site and see in fine print that the charging dock is not compatible with their best selling battery. Seidio MUST be aware that the two weakest links in any BlackBerry are the USB charging ports and lousy battery life. Pity they only addressed the issues seperately. Make a package consisting of a 2600 battery, dock, and case, and you'll be looking at the words "backordered" because of the demand. Just look at all the newbie posts. Seems a TON of people got BB's for Christmas. Not just Curves either. The market is out there, Seidio. The question is what are you going to do about it? Be just another company that sells BB "toys", or step up and try to become THE company that sells the "must have's" ?

Jack

12-31-09 10:29 AM
    You guys happy with the case (360)? I am looking at either the 360 or the snap which does not have a front cover.. Strange the seido help (chat) says that the snap is in development but crackberry shows it in stock??? 8330
    12-31-09 10:44 AM
    I still would not give up the 2600 for a dock.

I bought several chargers for $2.99 each (including shipping) on eBay. Now there's one everywhere needed and the dock doesn't seem that necessary now.
    Not only that, with the 2600 I only charge the BB every third day or so.
    12-31-09 10:47 AM
    Wow just saw where the 360 does not work with the seidio dock.. deal killer for me. the innocase says it will fit in dock. Does it have a cover on the screen? The keys look uncovered which is fine for me...
    12-31-09 12:37 PM
    Hi all,

The 8330 charging dock does not fit with the 360 case and we have discontinued the 8330 cradle as of right now. We will take note of the 2600 mAh battery/cradle compatibility suggestion and appreciate your posts. If you have any other questions or ideas feel free to private message or email us.

Regards,
    Seidio
    01-04-10 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD