04-12-10 05:00 PM
312 ... 678910 ...
tools
    is this case backordered now all of a sudden????

i ordered the case on friday and was assured that the case would arrive to me by wednesday, as i paid extra for fedex 2day shipping.

i gave them a call today and they said no the case is backordered as of now and they don't have any idea as to when it would be shipping, but they said it could be tomorrow or thursday... i then asked the guy if he would credit my 2day shipping cost and he said that he couldn't do anything about it.

if the product was backordered it should say that at the time of order so you know when to expect the product.

and for the representative i spoke to not being able to do anything about this is beyond terrible. for a $50 case including shipping, surly he could have done something for me. this is the last seidio product i will purchase and advise others to take caution when ordering from them... when they say a product is in stock, it is probably backordered as they do not take the courtesy to indicate if one of their products is backordered.

terrible customer service experience! not the type of customer service experience you would expect from a company selling high quality cases and accessories.
    Hello,

I'm sorry that you are having trouble with our customer experience. I am positive that the service you received is not the norm. As some of you may know, Houston was experiencing some extreme weathers over the past few days with thunderstorms and flash floods, some of our staffs couldn't make it to work, causing us to be severely shorthanded. Typically, an order could take up to two business days to process and ship, but in unforeseen circumstances such as this, it could take longer. This is not an excuse, but it happened and we are sorry for any inconveniences this has caused you.

Due to the extreme popularity, the Deep Black is temporarily unavailable, but we should be receiving some today or tomorrow.

As far as the shipping issue is concerned, I believe the CSR you spoke to yesterday has forwarded your request to high management in the department (which wasn't available yesterday) and should be getting back to you today.

Again, not an excuse, but we strive to keep the highest level of customer satisifaction. Please let us know if you have any other questions!
    04-29-09 09:42 AM
    Same thing happened to me, order the 360, when the site said NOTHING about being on backorder, and I receive an e-mail stating it's on backorder. I'm a little annoyed at this point.
    Last edited by drache713; 04-29-09 at 10:09 AM.
    04-29-09 09:52 AM
    Hello,

I'm sorry that you are having trouble with our customer experience. I am positive that the service you received is not the norm. As some of you may know, Houston was experiencing some extreme weathers over the past few days with thunderstorms and flash floods, some of our staffs couldn't make it to work, causing us to be severely shorthanded. Typically, an order could take up to two business days to process and ship, but in unforeseen circumstances such as this, it could take longer. This is not an excuse, but it happened and we are sorry for any inconveniences this has caused you.

Due to the extreme popularity, the Deep Black is temporarily unavailable, but we should be receiving some today or tomorrow.

As far as the shipping issue is concerned, I believe the CSR you spoke to yesterday has forwarded your request to high management in the department (which wasn't available yesterday) and should be getting back to you today.

Again, not an excuse, but we strive to keep the highest level of customer satisifaction. Please let us know if you have any other questions!
    I appreciate the response. It's always easy for us to assume our own reasons for these things... but put in perspective, I can wait a few more days.

I am concerned, though, do you know of any issues with the case scratching the bezel, and if so, does Seidio cover this sort of damage?

Edit: ... I know Seidio literally covers it, y'know, with the case XD I mean do they offer any repairations, refunds, etc for damaged phones due to their products? This is a very expensive phone ($550 base price from T-Mobile), and damaging it asthetically isn't something I'd like to do...
    Last edited by gpia7r; 04-29-09 at 10:05 AM.
    04-29-09 10:03 AM
    Yep, got the same response. Site still doesn't/didn't say backordered, and I made sure to emphasize that.

I think I'll be cancelling my order today anyway due to what I'm hearing about all the bezel-scratching.

I'm not sure what the problem is. I have the innocase II and the 360 and my bezel is NOT scratched up. These are the only cases I have used on my 8900 not one scratch. I dropped the innocase II three times, once off the top of my car in a parking lot. The case was dinged up a little, but not one scratch on the phone itself.

I'm not discounting what someone else is saying about their phone being scratched, I'm just letting people know that this is not happening to everyone.

If anyone likes I will be more than happy to take pics of the phone without the case on to show "no scratches" and post them.
    Last edited by brook196; 04-29-09 at 10:07 AM.
    04-29-09 10:04 AM
    Hello,

I appreciated your response and would like a phone call today regarding my concerns.

This is not the first time this has happened to me.

thanks,
    ipaqman
    04-29-09 10:09 AM
    I'm not sure what the problem is. I have the innocase II and the 360 and my bezel is NOT scratched up. These are the only cases I have used on my 8900 not one scratch. I dropped the innocase II three times, once off the top of my car in a parking lot. The case was dinged up a little, but not one scratch on the phone itself.

I'm not discounting what someone else is saying about their phone being scratched, I'm just letting people know that this is not happening to everyone.

If anyone likes I will be more than happy to take pics of the phone without the case on to show "no scratches" and post them.
    I have to agree with brook, luckily I'm not getting any of this scratching of the bezel as well.
    04-29-09 12:09 PM
    No scratches for me either... I do have the black bezel however

I have both innocases..... and alternate them frequently!!
    Last edited by ClintRo; 04-29-09 at 01:31 PM.
    04-29-09 12:36 PM
    I also just preordered this case for the Bold
    04-29-09 01:30 PM
    It has only been out for about one week... I change cases often and wouldn't be a good indicator of damage or what case caused the phone.....and sometimes she runs around naked!!!! ...LOL

Maybe someone that uses it all the time can tell you....from reading the thread it is probably the constant removal and re installation of the case that cause the trouble.
    04-29-09 01:53 PM
    They can't be held responsible for scratching the phone, no way. They should accept returns if, after you put the case on, you think that it could scratch your phone and don't want to use it. But once you start using it you're on your own, they don't know what you do with it or how you use it.
    04-29-09 01:58 PM
    I used the innocase II from 2/4/09 until 4/21/09 exclusively. I did not use any other case and left this case on all the time. I have no scratches at all on the bezel anywhere, no chrome paint rubbed off either.
    I am now using the 360 and have had it on since getting it around 4/21 - basically the same time as everyone else. I have only had it on for 8 days, but I don't take it off. I removed it this morning to check for scratches/etc. and there was nothing there.
    04-29-09 03:27 PM
    Maybe someone that uses it all the time can tell you....from reading the thread it is probably the constant removal and re installation of the case that cause the trouble.
    Negative on that one... It's not very visible in the pics since the chome makes it very difficult to capture the scuffing accurately, but it is DEFINITELY horizontal rubbing and not vertical which would be caused by constant removal... Also, I would like to add, I have had it since the 2nd of this month, so 27 days, I have cleaned it every couple days or so, so MAYBE 14 times... That's not really excessive in my opinion... Over the lifetime of the phone, I would say 14 is not unheard of... So I don't feel the phone should sustain damage like that and the user be blamed... Am I missing something here?
    04-29-09 03:35 PM
    I've had my 360 since last week and today the gel is back in place. I have a few issues that are unacceptable for daily use.

1. The silicone keyboard does not lay flat.
    2. The Q, A and alt key are very difficult to use as it appears the case is to close to those keys.
    3. The horizontal piece between the screen protector and keyboard interferes with the use of the trackball.
    4. The openings at the top for the mute and keypad lock are poorly cut for the actually location of the keys.
    5. The screen opening is slightly off center horizontally.

The case has a great feel in the hand. Protection is unquestionable. The usability issues above are enough for me to walk away from the case.
    04-29-09 04:18 PM
    Negative on that one... It's not very visible in the pics since the chome makes it very difficult to capture the scuffing accurately, but it is DEFINITELY horizontal rubbing and not vertical which would be caused by constant removal... Also, I would like to add, I have had it since the 2nd of this month, so 27 days, I have cleaned it every couple days or so, so MAYBE 14 times... That's not really excessive in my opinion... Over the lifetime of the phone, I would say 14 is not unheard of... So I don't feel the phone should sustain damage like that and the user be blamed... Am I missing something here?
    Is your case loose? I just don't see how this would happend unless it is moved around a lot. My case is really tight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 04:21 PM
    Clint, actually it's tight, but as I re-examined it, if I press where it is scuffed, it can move horizontally slightly. I guess enough to cause the damage I sustained. It only moves in that spot, but I see it starting in other places as well. I was searching and it seems it isn't as uncommon as I first thought.

04-29-09 04:50 PM
    I've had my 360 since last week and today the gel is back in place. I have a few issues that are unacceptable for daily use.

2. The Q, A and alt key are very difficult to use as it appears the case is to close to those keys.
    3. The horizontal piece between the screen protector and keyboard interferes with the use of the trackball.
    4. The openings at the top for the mute and keypad lock are poorly cut for the actually location of the keys.

The case has a great feel in the hand. Protection is unquestionable. The usability issues above are enough for me to walk away from the case.
    Seidio called me earlier today and told me to return it as the shortcomings are too much for me,the trackball can barely be touched and the keyboard issues are what I really can't deal with.
    04-29-09 05:11 PM

Seidio called me earlier today and told me to return it as the shortcomings are too much for me,the trackball can barely be touched and the keyboard issues are what I really can't deal with.
    Hello,

Thank you for your interests about our products. We are proud of our products and stand 100% behind them. If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, simply contact us for a refund or exchange if you would prefer something else instead. Please let us know if you have any more questions!
    04-29-09 06:45 PM
    haha yeah the menu button makes me laugh every time i look at it!!
    04-30-09 07:47 AM
    I guess the trackball is not that big of an issue for me because I have the seidio crystal clear for my 8320 and that case is very similiar in design.
    04-30-09 08:08 AM
    Some people stated that they didn't like the fact that the 360 doesn't have the same lining as on the interior of the innocase II. I found that if you have the innocase II but plan on using the 360 more, the lining on the innocase II is easy to peel off and still has plenty of adhesive left on the lining to apply it to the 360.
    05-01-09 10:06 PM
    I wonder if anyone who has purchased 360 can answer a question I have about the screen protector...

From the posts in this thread, I gathered that screen protector isn't some kind of hard acrylic protector, but does it give better protection than those normal films that you apply on the screen separately?

Thanks.
    05-02-09 01:15 PM
    The 360 has a regular plastic screen protector....like the one seidio sells one their website

05-02-09 02:48 PM
    The 360 has a regular plastic screen protector....like the one seidio sells one their website

So that means it also attracts dust and lint?
    05-02-09 08:59 PM
    No...... No lint or dust on mine...

Only the silicone cases attract dust and lint for me

05-02-09 10:06 PM
    Hey guys this is my first post on here. All the great questions and feed back encouraged me to join. I have a quick question about the seidio 360 case. I love it do far and I really think its a great case for all around full protection for the 8900. My only issue is that the screen has tons od bubbles in it. Clint, I know you said after a day or 2 it goes away but this is the 3rd day I've had it on and still no luck. I find myself constantly opening the case and cleaning it but it doesn't help. On another note I do have another screen protector on the phone itself but like clint said in his review, his screen protector doesn't effect it so I'm not sure why mine would. I was really considering cutting out the screen off the case itself but I didn't want to go to thay extreme yet until I got some feed bad from you guys. Is anyone else having a problem with this? Any suggestions? I appreciate all of your help! Thanks!!!

05-03-09 03:56 AM
312 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD