1. Is this case thinner any better than the standard rubber blackberry skin that cost $10?;

2. Can it go over a clear skin (i.e., BodyGuradz)? I have a clear skin on my phone, but would rather use your case, but do not really want to peel off the skin. Thanks.
    12-03-09 10:22 AM
    I ordered this case but have not installed it yet because of the bezel scratching issues that have been brought up in other threads. The point of the case is to prevent scratches.
    12-03-09 10:29 AM
    I haven't seen this case on a 9700 yet, but I know with the 8900, the Innocase II wouldn't fit over a body skin.
    12-03-09 10:33 AM
    I ordered this case but have not installed it yet because of the bezel scratching issues that have been brought up in other threads. The point of the case is to prevent scratches.
    Is the case all rubber? What material on/in it could scratch the bezel?
    12-03-09 10:37 AM
    Does anyone know of a case that works with the charging pod? Or do people use a soft case and pull it off before place in the charging pod?
    12-03-09 10:38 AM
    it is not thinner then the rubber case. it is pretty thin, but ads about 1mm of protection all the way around.

i do not think if you had a body skin on the case it would fit. parts of it, such as the screen, front buttons, and the bottom near the branding would be OK, but overall it would add just enough bulk for the seidio case not to fit. i had this problem with my 8900. i had ghost armor on it, and had to peel most of it off to get it in the case snuggly. still left it on the screen and front buttons though.

seidio makes their own charging pod so you dont have to take off the case. if you were to use the blackberry pod you would have to take off the bottom. so if you havent bought a pod yet, and thinking about the innocase id get the seidio one. i had one for my 8900 and it came with an adapter to use without their case on it too.
    12-03-09 10:44 AM
    I believe that the case is hardened rubber, carbon composite material. I was told that repeated removal causes scratches. I wanted it for the protection and ease of removal for use on my OEM charging pods. Seidio will begin shipping pods that charge with or without the case starting 12/7.
    12-03-09 10:45 AM
    [QUOTE=lazybusinessman;4225647]it is not thinner then the rubber case. it is pretty thin, but ads about 1mm of protection all the way around.

For $20 more, is it worth it/better than the standard BB rubber skin, in your opinion?
    12-03-09 10:46 AM
    I don't know anything about the case but I do know that Wisco beat Duke badly yesterday.
    12-03-09 10:49 AM
    I don't know anything about the case but I do know that Wisco beat Duke badly yesterday.
    bump for that comment!!
    12-03-09 11:00 AM
    [QUOTE=redbadger;4225661]
    it is not thinner then the rubber case. it is pretty thin, but ads about 1mm of protection all the way around.

For $20 more, is it worth it/better than the standard BB rubber skin, in your opinion?
    yes i definitely think so. ive had quite a few seidio cases, and they are top notch. ive also had the BB rubber skin and i wasnt really a fan. sure it did protect it....but it made it hard to get in/out of my pocket, and i dont like how it flapped around on the sides. plus if you accidentally drop the phone the seidio case has a better chance of protecting it IMO.

its really up to you. do you want a skinny hard case, or a rubber case. ive always been a hard case fan over skins. just gives me more piece of mind if i drop it.
    12-03-09 11:04 AM
    7 points is not "badly".
    12-03-09 11:09 AM
    Has anyone else experienced bezel scratches with this case? I received mine yesterday but have not installed it.
    12-03-09 03:20 PM
    I had it on my 8900 and used it for a year and now I am using it on my 9700 and it works great. it's thin enough to barely notice it on while providing hard protection. I would definitely shell out the extra $20 because when you drop your phone the case will cushion it, for the lack of a better word. I've even dropped my 8900 in to the sink while the water was running while I was washing dishes and the case got wet but I pulled the phone out fast enough so that the case was soaked but no water damage to the phone at all! I like seidio a lot, you can't put a price on phone protection. I've put on and removed the case several times and have not seen any scratches on my bezel but maybe thats just me, and I am very anal with how my phones look! Hope that helps you.
    12-03-09 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD