03-31-09 10:53 PM
79 1234
tools
    I hope this isn't too late, but I just took my Innocase I off today and noticed it has scratched the chrome finish at the top and bottom. My Seidio experience has been pretty bleak.
    I, too, took my Innocase I off today (only had it a day and a half), and noticed scratches in the chrome bezel. To pinpoint the location of the worst, imagine holding the phone in portrait mode. The chrome bezel on either side dips toward the back of the phone on the top and bottom. On that bottom and top edge, very near the corners, are scratches down to black. Worst is the bottom, top is not so bad.

Now, I have to say, I haven't looked closely at this area since I got the phone in November, so I can't prove these were caused by the Innocase I. I can only say that I have been holstering the naked phone in a clip holster, bought from Best Buy, that looks just the the Verizon one, and very similar to the Seidio one they offer. While it's possible that the holster caused the wear and tear on the bottom, the top edges of the chrome bezel have always been free of contact with the holster until I put the Innocase on.

I also echo the other poster's observation that the case, while fitting nice and snug (I like that), might be fitted TOO snug for the screen, as I find the screen does not have as much click travel compared to when it's naked. Not a HUGE deal, but I do notice it.

To SeidioSedio, have you had any other customers complain of this to you besides the OP and myself? I would think that if it's a problem with the case, there would be other complaints. I'd be interested in knowing, especially since I just ordered another one from you guys yesterday in a different color, as well as the holster to go with it. <g>

Bill
    02-27-09 12:27 AM
    A further clarification to my above quote.....

I have since found other threads in the forum talking about wear on the silver-colored bezel, and it appears that it's occurring to others WITHOUT the Seidio Innocase I.

Looks like the RIM silver plastic trim does not hold up well.......

Bill
    02-27-09 10:48 AM
    I'm going to try mine without a case for a couple days and see how I like it.
    02-27-09 10:52 AM
    I will admit I was expecting more when I got the Innocase 1... I expected a perfect fit, no gaps, etc. But I think that is quite unrealistic for $30. After all there are $70 leather cases that are not nearly as perfectly of a fit as the Innocase.

But I will tell you this. I always baby my phone, it spends most of its time in the Innocase holster. But somehow today I dropped the phone twice (the first time it was dropped ever), once from 3 feet and the other from 4. I picked up the phone, which had some scuffs on the front of the case, and wiped them off. The phone is still perfect. And this is considering I have a Invisishield underneath, which makes the case fit even poorer. So thanks Seidio, for saving my phone. Twice. And I have the insurance, but don't want to be without my phone, even for a day. If $30 prevent that, I'm all for it.

-Cyrus
    02-27-09 11:37 AM
    Got my Innocase 1 today. Very nice fit, and very sturdy. Fits very nice in the holster. Only been a day, but so far very happy with it.
    02-27-09 09:09 PM
    I received my Inno 1 on the 29th of January and was almost immediately impressed. I like that it covers the mute/lock button. I liked that feature even more when I decided to keep it and ordered the holster for it. The holster will at least wear on the case with the clip at the top and not the actual phone. This was important to me as I would rather have a scratched case than a scratched phone.

However, I appear to be a member of the lower left tab group and I know some have complained of the too tight fit, but that was exactly what I was looking for. The left tab will not lock and since the inception of the holster use, the "rubber" coating has started to peel.

I have submitted requests to Crackberry.com and Seidio and will wait for responses. If it wasn't for what seems to be a defect in the tab of the case, I would consider this to be a top notch protector.

Depending on the outcome of the resolution, I may decide to switch to the Case-Mate which just came out this week, but the drawback to it is the lack of holster and cradle (which Seidio has yet to release as well - soon I see, but....)
    03-15-09 02:38 PM
    I have been useing the innocase II for the last 3 weeks.....

fits good, but the soft rubber on the case is rubbing off big time! looks terrable.

I used to recommend this case to others, but seeing how it can't last even 3 weeks, I will not buy from seido again. lesson learned.
    03-15-09 02:45 PM
    A further clarification to my above quote.....

I have since found other threads in the forum talking about wear on the silver-colored bezel, and it appears that it's occurring to others WITHOUT the Seidio Innocase I.

Looks like the RIM silver plastic trim does not hold up well.......

Bill
    Hello Bill,

We have been following closely at this issue, and found what you did -- people's silver trim has been scratching even without the case. So we can only assume the paint on it is so thin that it cannot prevent even the lightest contact scratches.

I have been useing the innocase II for the last 3 weeks.....

fits good, but the soft rubber on the case is rubbing off big time! looks terrable.

I used to recommend this case to others, but seeing how it can't last even 3 weeks, I will not buy from seido again. lesson learned.
    I am sorry to hear about your case experience! Rest assured, this is definitely not a common issue, please send me an email at the address below including your order information and we will see what we can do for you!

I received my Inno 1 on the 29th of January and was almost immediately impressed. I like that it covers the mute/lock button. I liked that feature even more when I decided to keep it and ordered the holster for it. The holster will at least wear on the case with the clip at the top and not the actual phone. This was important to me as I would rather have a scratched case than a scratched phone.

However, I appear to be a member of the lower left tab group and I know some have complained of the too tight fit, but that was exactly what I was looking for. The left tab will not lock and since the inception of the holster use, the "rubber" coating has started to peel.

I have submitted requests to Crackberry.com and Seidio and will wait for responses. If it wasn't for what seems to be a defect in the tab of the case, I would consider this to be a top notch protector.

Depending on the outcome of the resolution, I may decide to switch to the Case-Mate which just came out this week, but the drawback to it is the lack of holster and cradle (which Seidio has yet to release as well - soon I see, but....)
    Once we have review and process your information, usually within 1-2 business days, we will see what we can do for you. Your satisfactions is our number one priority!
    03-16-09 09:52 AM
    We have been following closely at this issue, and found what you did -- people's silver trim has been scratching even without the case. So we can only assume the paint on it is so thin that it cannot prevent even the lightest contact scratches.
    I've been using my Storm with zero protection for several weeks now and the silver finish has absolutely held up better than when the Innocase was constantly rubbing/scratching it. I carry my storm in my pocket and when I'm in my truck it sits in a pocket in the console. It even took a hard drop to a concrete floor on Friday and it didn't leave a mark. The Innocase left rub marks on the black finish too.

Neither are major concerns to me, I really am not too hung up on having a phone that is scratch free. If people are buying an Innocase to avoid these types of blemishes, they are probably going to be disappointed. Just sayin'...

Also, the soft rubber is peeling off my Innocase too. And yes, the case got to a point where it wouldn't stay together at the bottom.

Best solution I found was to take it off, put it in a drawer, and write it off as another waste of money.
    03-16-09 10:04 AM
    Is Innocase 1 the same as Innocase Surface? I see there are Innocase Crystal, Innocase Hybrid, and Innocase II Surface, but I don't see anything that specifically says Innocase I.

Can somebody please confirm?

Thanks.
    03-16-09 03:57 PM
    I've had an innocase since the beginning of Feb and I'm on my 2nd one. They are nice as long as you put your storm in oy and leave it there, but with all the battery pulls storm owners habe to do, the plastic catches don't hold up. Seidio will warranty it, bit its about a 2 week turnaround. This is my 2 cents worth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 04:46 PM
    seidioseidio :

I used your advice. But instead of e-mailing you, I went a step father and called you guys about my problem with the finish coming off all over.

to make a long story short, you guys are now sending me out a new case and a new holster! I didn't even have to send mine back first in order for you guys to ship me a new one!

all I gotta do is send back my old case and holster once the new one comes in a couple days! you guys sure suprised me though, I wasn't expecting that great of service from all that I read on hear. Thank you!
    03-16-09 05:02 PM
    I ordered what I think is the exact same thing (Innocase I and spring-loaded holster) from thecellguru. wont be here for several days as it is being shipped ground from PA to CA.

This is the exact same holster isn't it? Looks like the same one from your pic but there are some other holsters out there that are a little different from what I understand.
    03-16-09 05:25 PM
    I ordered what I think is the exact same thing (Innocase I and spring-loaded holster) from thecellguru. wont be here for several days as it is being shipped ground from PA to CA.

This is the exact same holster isn't it? Looks like the same one from your pic but there are some other holsters out there that are a little different from what I understand.
    yep, thats the same
    03-16-09 05:29 PM
    Thanks for the quick answer. I guess I will see how mine holds out. Hope they've resolved most of the problems by now...
    03-16-09 05:36 PM
    Hello Bill,

I am sorry to hear about your case experience! Rest assured, this is definitely not a common issue, please send me an email at the address below including your order information and we will see what we can do for you!

Once we have review and process your information, usually within 1-2 business days, we will see what we can do for you. Your satisfactions is our number one priority!
    I have emailed pics of the product to your forum email address this last Sunday for your viewing pleasure. Thank you for your response and for looking in to it.
    03-17-09 11:09 AM
    This is what I received from SCB.com today:

Hello -
    ShopCrackBerry - Order #??????? - Tue 01/27/09

We can send a free replacement under warranty if you send that one back & pay shipping (you select how fast you want it - $5.95 for ground) for the replacement we will send to you. Anything that has to be replaced that is after 30 days, the customer is responsible for the shipping charges. Once the defective item is received your replacement will be sent. If you want to continue, please confirm your billing information and we will provide instructions and shipping information in the next email.

While I'm sure they have hundreds of hundreds of requests for everything non customer satisified or "broken" requests, I find myself not overly thrilled with this option due to the fact that this particular batch of cases might have been defective to begin with.

Seidio, I hope you can do better. (PS. Seidio, hurry up and get that cradle out).
    03-17-09 12:05 PM
    I guess the #1 priority is untimely repsonses. I have sent them an email to their support last Sunday and posted in this thread and have yet to hear boo.

I'm not a big fan of carrying out customer complaints in forums designed to help people, so I'll shut up because now I hate myself. A small piece of advice Seidio, in the future when you make a statement about #1 priorities and 1-2 business days, be sure to follow up on them within your own set time frame.
    03-18-09 06:28 PM
    I'm not a big fan of carrying out customer complaints in forums designed to help people, so I'll shut up because now I hate myself. A small piece of advice Seidio, in the future when you make a statement about #1 priorities and 1-2 business days, be sure to follow up on them within your own set time frame.
    Hello kramerica,

I'm sorry about your experiences. We were a bit busy pushing out the pre orders for the Storm and Curve cradle, so I apologize if there was a delay in getting a response to you. Please send me your concern and order information using the email address below and I will make sure we live up to your expectation!
    03-20-09 11:17 AM
    I went with the Seidio Innocase II and love it. not at all bulky and way better than the silcone case I bought from verizon for my old curve. Also very pocketable. does not get caught in your pocket when trying to take it out(like the silicone case)

03-20-09 11:29 AM
    I like and am down with the silicone covering. So far it has been enough.

03-20-09 11:41 AM
    Hello kramerica,

I'm sorry about your experiences. We were a bit busy pushing out the pre orders for the Storm and Curve cradle, so I apologize if there was a delay in getting a response to you. Please send me your concern and order information using the email address below and I will make sure we live up to your expectation!

I have submitted order information to you just now and also included the ticket # of the 1st email I had sent to you on Sunday, 3/15/09. I guess I'm torn as I demand satisfaction , but I am anxious for that Storm cradle as well.
    03-20-09 12:04 PM
    I have submitted order information to you just now and also included the ticket # of the 1st email I had sent to you on Sunday, 3/15/09. I guess I'm torn as I demand satisfaction , but I am anxious for that Storm cradle as well.
    Hello Tracy,

Hopefully our customer service representative was able to help you out this morning and everything is taken care of. I'm sorry that it look longer than expected but hopefully your experience was satisfactory.
    03-20-09 12:48 PM
    Hello Tracy,

Hopefully our customer service representative was able to help you out this morning and everything is taken care of. I'm sorry that it look longer than expected but hopefully your experience was satisfactory.
    Actually, no one has helped me out. The rep I spoke to this morning told me to go through and RMA dept and offered me the same the scenario SCB.com did. I'm not interested in sending my case in (because I bought it for protection) and then wait around for it to ship to you, you to receive it, then you ship it, I wait to receive it. while all the while I have nothing protecting my case. I actually just preordered the cradle and a new holster from you guys and now don't I feel like an arse. Like an abuse victim running back to the abuser. If I have to pay for one and you ship it to me and then credit me when you receive the other one, that is something I might be willing to discuss, however, don't feel that I should have to since I have a defective product in the 1st place.
    03-20-09 01:02 PM
    This is a great thread.

I've been trying to decide what case to get for a while now. I'm very tough on phones so I was leaning towards an Otterbox, but the problems people are having with the first generation of the case are ridiculous. I've been waiting patiently for the new one to come out but after reading this thread I'm buying an innocase 1 and holster today.

I also appreciate seeing the pictures because I was concerned that the Innocase wouldn't be tough enough for me. It looks like a pretty damn sturdy case that can take a fall, however.

Otterbox obviously didn't do their homework and rushed the case to market, and it seems pretty obvious to me that they can't release a redesign quickly because they're sitting on a bunch of inventory. Supposedly they put out a good product but after reading the Seidio rep's posts on here I have to say that I'm very impressed by their level of customer service.

Last thing....I noticed a lot of people talking about taking their phone out every day for a battery pull. Doesn't quick pull accomplish the same thing? Just download it if so and your problem is solved.

And if the Seidio rep reads this....You all may want to think about adding a "dealer locator" or "retailer" link to your webpage. I realize you don't have much distribution at the moment but it would nice if you could state where your products are available in brick in mortar stores. It's pretty annoying to have to call your marketing department just to find out (which I just did).
    Last edited by tomlcollins; 03-20-09 at 03:46 PM.
    03-20-09 03:24 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD