03-31-09 09:53 PM
79 1234
tools
    Rab...
    Did the Seidio case add much bulk to the phone? I purchased and returned the clear plastic case VZW sold because it made the phone gigantic. I just ordered the Innocase II for my Storm and have a BB silicon case.
    01-16-09 03:16 PM
    I bought the Innocase I and it is awesome. For me I acutally find that the Storm works better. When I first bought my Storm at VZW they were selling clear and colored hard cases which were about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick in some places and it made the phone bigger and slick due to the plastic. The phone felt a little awkward but I chalked it up to the touchscreen and needing to get used to it.

But after having the Innocase I the phone handles better and usage in general is easier. I can get a feel of the ergonomics of the device the way it was intended and I actually like the phone better. The feel of the case is cool and slick. Like it alot.

I also got the side holster for it. It works well...only issue would be it needs breaking in. Right now it is kind of stiff and while not like lifting 20 lbs you are "aware" of the resistance in the flap when openining it. But it also feels like your STORM is protected in the case.

Overall rating on the INNOCASE I: A+
    Overall rating on the Side Holster: B+ (I am sure it will go up as I get used to it)

Shipping was quick. Packaging was good. No complaints. Might even by one a different color!!!

01-17-09 08:50 AM
    Just got my case and holster, just like I expected!!

I had same for my curve and it is great!!

I wouldn't suggest taking it on and off 2 times a day.
    01-17-09 09:47 AM
    I absolutely love the innocase 1 and holster. Holster is very secure. I too would not recommend taking it off 2x per day. One thing I did notice is that the peripheral letters in qwerty mode are a little harder to access because of the close fitting lip of the innocase. But once you are aware of it, typing is just as easy as before the innocase was on the storm
    01-17-09 11:23 AM
    How did you guys remove it? The left side of mine is creaky and I want to see if removing and redoing helps at all.

ETA: Nevermind, I found the sweet spot.
    Last edited by zazzified; 01-31-09 at 11:15 AM.
    01-31-09 11:06 AM
    I also got the screen guard from Seidio and its amazing if you mess up just take it off wash it up clean it down and try again simple.
    01-31-09 12:34 PM
    Just ordered mine yesterday
    01-31-09 12:55 PM
    How well or where does the holster "catch" on the back of the phone. It doesn't hit the camera area does it? I had this set up for my Pearl and the holster clip did not fully seat over the top of the Pearl and everyone assured me theirs did this too.
    You mentioned that there is no slop or play when it is in the holster but how does it connect or stay there?
    Thanks!
    02-03-09 03:26 PM
    How well or where does the holster "catch" on the back of the phone. It doesn't hit the camera area does it? I had this set up for my Pearl and the holster clip did not fully seat over the top of the Pearl and everyone assured me theirs did this too.
    You mentioned that there is no slop or play when it is in the holster but how does it connect or stay there?
    Thanks!
    It catches the back well, and it does not hit the camera (though in pictures it may look like it does). It stays tight because it catches the part above the camera. Honestly it is the best holster I have ever seen hands down. Fits like a glove, easy to use, doesn't hurt the phone.

-Cyrus
    02-03-09 03:46 PM
    What are your thoughts on the horizontal leather case that Seidio offers to fit the Innocase I&II?
    I'm curious about this as well. I'm about to order one on amazon and heard that the storm is really loose in the horizontal leather case. I'm hoping that the innocase will add just enough bulk to make it fit more snug. Anyone have the Innocase and using it with a Seidio horizontal leather case?
    Last edited by jjcool; 02-10-09 at 02:04 PM.
    02-10-09 01:57 PM
    I got mine last week and it lasted for 3 days before one of the tabs broke. I think I opened the case twice and the tab snaped off, now it doesn't close all the way. I had one of these for my 8830 for a year without any problems, so I don't know if it was just bad luck or these are just prone to breakage.
    02-10-09 06:01 PM
    for those of you who've had this case for a while now, do you notice any scratches on the storm from it? i'm thinking of the front in particular as there is no felt padding. i would imagine it could scratch the perimeter of the storm to **** from friction...
    02-17-09 09:23 PM
    I love my Innocase I, but I too had a tab break within the first month. At least I can get the case off now when I want to use the desktop cradle.
    02-17-09 09:33 PM
    I love my Innocase I, but I too had a tab break within the first month. At least I can get the case off now when I want to use the desktop cradle.
    nj,

We did have a small number of Innocase I cases with this problem. If you'll email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com I'll make sure you receive a replacement.

Thanks,
    02-18-09 02:16 PM
    i ask again about scratches. any reported issues? also, from the pics its hard to tell, but does the top part cover and/or extend past the silver bezel on the sides of the storm? that's my biggest gripe with the skin cases, that they offer zero protection for the side bezel on the storm. please help asap as i'm looking to pull the trigger on one of these cases this weekend
    02-19-09 12:28 PM
    Thanks for the excellent review. I'm looking at the moment and have narrowed it down to one of these or an OtterBox. So you mentioned there is no decrease in call volume.

Question: Does this noticably affect the Ringer Volume on your phone?
    02-19-09 01:10 PM
    i ask again about scratches. any reported issues? also, from the pics its hard to tell, but does the top part cover and/or extend past the silver bezel on the sides of the storm? that's my biggest gripe with the skin cases, that they offer zero protection for the side bezel on the storm. please help asap as i'm looking to pull the trigger on one of these cases this weekend
    I can't speak for the scratches over a long period of time since I've only had mine for a week or so, but I don't think it would ever scratch the phone. Even without the felt the material has a really smooth and soft rubbery feel. For comparison, it reminds me a lot of an old chalk board with some chalk dust on it. It feels smooth like that, so I don't think there will be any friction issues. When you put the case on, they stress that you don't slide it on from the top, you kinda put it in from the side. So I don't think it will ever scratch the phone.

As for the side bezel, it completely covers it. Even the part around the top of the phone. The case actually runs right across the bezel except for at the bottom of the phone and there it comes up just below the buttons.

All in all it's a really great case. It certainly does just as everyone else has said and makes your phone feel a lot more sturdy to type on.

as for the volume, I'm not sure why anyone even mentioned that being a problem. Since the speaker on the storm isn't the entire grid part on the back, it's just a little part to the right, it doesn't matter that the case covers a little bit of it. The speaker itself isn't covered on mine. I haven't noticed any difference in the volume of the ringer or music. It does muffle the sound if you lay it on a flat surface on it's back since it doesn't have the two little pegs that keep the speaker from getting covered like you would on a naked storm. Not a big deal though.

Lastly, I'll add that for the storm, you'll want to stay away from the Horizontal leather cases from Seidio. They look like great quality cases, but they are WAY too big. I could easily fit two storms in the case without the Innocase II on it. I could probably fit two in there with the case since it has the side elastic bands. It jiggles around in the case like crazy. I also found out the hard way that Seidio hasn't always put the proximity magnets in their cases. I got an old one (same part number) so it doesn't support sleeper mode. Thankfully, it looks like the company I bought it from is willing to exchange it for me. I'm not sure if that will cost anything or not. I sent Seidio an email and they asked me to open an RMA. I haven't heard anything out of the RMA request yet.

As I said before, the Innocase II is the best thing going for the Storm. I'm extremely happy with it. Now I just need to find a horizontal leather case or holster to put the thing in.
    Last edited by jjcool; 02-19-09 at 03:35 PM.
    02-19-09 03:31 PM
    nj,

We did have a small number of Innocase I cases with this problem. If you'll email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com I'll make sure you receive a replacement.

Thanks,
    seidioseidio, I had that same issue today when I took my case off for a battery pull. The small tab above the left convenience key broke off and now the case is loose. That was the first time I took the case off to pull the battery, and the tab broke. I have had it for about a month on the phone.

I sent an email to the address above in hopes that I can receive a replacement for this as described in your post. Thanks for any assistance you can give me with this.
    Last edited by Todd M; 02-20-09 at 06:50 PM.
    02-20-09 06:47 PM
    Can I get opinions on how well the innocase holster would work using the verizon rubber phone case instead of the innocase.

I really want to go with the innocase, but I need to take the case off at night to cradle it.

Do you think it would snap in and out alright with the flimsy rubber case?
    02-20-09 07:36 PM
    Can I get opinions on how well the innocase holster would work using the verizon rubber phone case instead of the innocase.

I really want to go with the innocase, but I need to take the case off at night to cradle it.

Do you think it would snap in and out alright with the flimsy rubber case?
    On there website they state that it will work with Blackberry and Verizon OEM skins.

www(dot)seidioonline(dot)com/product-p/hlbb9530asc.htm
    02-23-09 07:16 AM
    I have the Innocase II coming for mine.

I love how II looks a lot more then number 1
    02-23-09 07:28 AM
    I hope this isn't too late, but I just took my Innocase I off today and noticed it has scratched the chrome finish at the top and bottom. My Seidio experience has been pretty bleak.
    02-26-09 04:52 PM
    I like how people who complain about the broken tab get acknowledged but my complaint about the finish coming off after only a month and the fact that my case is bowed in the back get ignored. Now it keeps coming undone around the headphone jack... I'm so blah about this case. I mean, if it keeps coming off why keep it on the phone anyways? I'm not even removing it for anything so its not like I made it loose myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 05:20 PM
    I like how people who complain about the broken tab get acknowledged but my complaint about the finish coming off after only a month and the fact that my case is bowed in the back get ignored. Now it keeps coming undone around the headphone jack... I'm so blah about this case. I mean, if it keeps coming off why keep it on the phone anyways? I'm not even removing it for anything so its not like I made it loose myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    IC,

Are you talking about this thread?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sei...ml#post1703427

I posted immediately after yours to simply send an email to forum@seidio.com and I'd get you taken care of. Did I miss your email somehow? If so, please resend with a copy of the text in this post.

Thanks,
    02-26-09 05:38 PM
    I hope this isn't too late, but I just took my Innocase I off today and noticed it has scratched the chrome finish at the top and bottom. My Seidio experience has been pretty bleak.
    lol yeah i got it on tuesday and installed it right then. so far i actually love this case. my only concern (?) is that it seems the fit is very tight. so much so that the screen doesn't press as deeply as it did at the 4 corners or sides. i'm not sure if this is by design or whether or not i like the new feel of the screen. not sure how i'd fix it if i don't like it though...
    02-26-09 10:24 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD