03-31-09 10:53 PM
79 123 ...
tools
    I ordered the Seidio Innocase 1 combo and just received it in the mail today. I've been using it all day and here's my 2 cents on it.

Build Quality:

This case is top notch when it comes to build quality. The inside of the case is felt lined and protects the phone well. I struggled for a while whether to get the Innocase 1 or Innocase 2, and after receiving the Innocase 1, I'm perfectly content with my choice. It's well constructed, protects every inch of the phone well, and fits great (more on that later).

The case exterior is kinda the same rubbery texture feel of the sides of the Storm and has a good non-slip texture around it.

The belt clip is extremely well made too. The inside of it that protects the face is felt lined, and the spring clip at the top holds the phone in securely. The phone clicks in with no problems and is a breeze to remove.

Installation:

Installing the case was easy, just lay the phone down on the back half of the case, and press on the front side, clicking each side till it's secure. No wiggles or anything.

I've seen people post problems with using the Innocase 2 with the business card behind the battery, no problems like that on the Innocase 1. I have an early production device (bought it on launch day) and I have a business card under the battery to help with the clicking around the screen. The case works perfectly with that card still in place (haven't tried it without it).

Usage:

I was initially worried that with the Innocase 1 the top buttons (lock and mute) would be hard to access. No problems at all though as I used the phone all day. The top buttons and the side convenience buttons are recessed a little from the edges of the case, but are well spaced and are easy to press. No issues taking pictures, or using the left side convenience key.

The holsters built in magnet puts the phone to sleep just as well as the BB holsters, and again, removal from the holster was a breeze all day. Sound quality on phone calls wasn't hampered at all, and nobody I was on the phone with all day mentioned any decrease in volume from me on calls (I asked everyone )

Overall this case is wonderful, protects the phone very well, and is very highly recommended. Worth every penny!

Thanks Seidio!!

Overall this case is wonderful and highly recommended.

EDIT: Attached pics. Sorry for some of the blurry shots, I'm not the best photographer :P
    Last edited by rab05; 01-08-09 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Added some photos.
    01-08-09 02:20 AM
    would you happen to have any pics? I thinking about getting one myself
    01-08-09 02:22 AM
    I'll see if I can snap some photos and put them up.
    01-08-09 02:24 AM
    Ya pics would be nice. Great review!
    01-08-09 02:28 AM
    Pics added!
    01-08-09 02:56 AM
    awesome pics! is the case not the holster nice and snug on it?
    01-08-09 03:09 AM
    It's very snug, no wiggle when in the holster at all. It is a breeze to remove too.
    01-08-09 03:14 AM
    cool then it looks like then I will getting the case... but do i want the holster or case

thanks for the help
    01-08-09 03:18 AM
    Thanks for the review. You helped me decide.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 04:18 AM
    I think the best thing about these is that they work in conjunction with one another. I don't think you can say the same about the ones from VZW.

I had the clear hard case from VZW on my Storm and I could tell there was a difference in the use - screen click felt kind of spongy in places and the earpiece wasn't as loud. I noticed in the corners, there was almost a kind of contact "smush" between the case and the phone (imagine putting your finger against plastic/glass and how it looks kind of smushed). Either the case I got is crap, or I just got a bad one...

OP - can you try to remove the card and notice any difference in screen feel with the innocase on?? thanks!

now only if these weren't essentially $50 for the pair. oh well, pay for quality I guess.

*edit: the spongy screen was with 2 pieces of soda cardboard (think a 12pack case) - 1 in front and 1 behind the battery, as well as with the cardboard removed and adjusting the screws a little. I took the case off to see if there was a difference and it was pretty significant.
    Last edited by seVer916; 01-08-09 at 04:56 AM.
    01-08-09 04:51 AM
    I would love to get a case like this, but then it would be a pain to use my OEM Dock Charger for the storm.. I really have no problem taking it off everytime I need to charge, i'd just be worried about wear and tear and it not staying together after some period of time..

but it does look pretty good. Makes me want one =/ lol
    01-08-09 05:14 AM
    Hi guys, new Storm user here....

Have any of you tried this product from Zagg... i absolutely swear by them.... most importantly... you really can't tell if there is a cover on there. I've used it on my Sony Ericssons including the difficult K850i. As this is my first post i cannot yet post URL's. Well it won't take me long to reach the 10 post count...

Btw... they use to be called invisiShield!
    01-08-09 06:40 AM
    Great review rab05, thanks. One quick question. I keep my storm in my pocket and currently have the BB silicone skin, but it constantly pics up lint from my pocket and often when I pull it out of my pocket it pulls my cash out with it. Is the Seidio as grippy as the silicone. Do you think it will gather lint and money also?
    01-08-09 08:07 AM
    Great review rab05, thanks. One quick question. I keep my storm in my pocket and currently have the BB silicone skin, but it constantly pics up lint from my pocket and often when I pull it out of my pocket it pulls my cash out with it. Is the Seidio as grippy as the silicone. Do you think it will gather lint and money also?
    I never use the silicone skin because its flimsy and because it attracts lint and dust. The Seidio doesnt. I dont keep it in my pocket but my room is pretty dusty and i put the case in my hoody a couple of times and it did not attract any dust/lint.

Its not as grippy/rubbery but you will have a better grip as opposed to a flat smooth plastic.

I actually put a piece of plastic between the screen and the Innocase cover to block the opening and prevent dust. But the plastic I used was crap. Hopefully I can find something.
    01-08-09 09:04 AM
    Hi guys, new Storm user here....

Have any of you tried this product from Zagg... i absolutely swear by them.... most importantly... you really can't tell if there is a cover on there. I've used it on my Sony Ericssons including the difficult K850i. As this is my first post i cannot yet post URL's. Well it won't take me long to reach the 10 post count...

Btw... they use to be called invisiShield!
    There are already multiple threads on ZAGG/IS, Ghost Armor, Best Skins Ever and Phantom Skinz. All have products that are similar.

The product is called invisibleSHIELD. The company is called ZAGG.
    01-08-09 09:05 AM
    Hmmm am really tempted by this case, but is it really worth getting Hit by import tax to the UK !
    01-08-09 09:07 AM
    Thanks for posting the pics and review. Mine is supposed to arrive today, I'll be glad to be rid of the bulky clear case I got from VZW.
    01-08-09 09:52 AM
    I would love to get a case like this, but then it would be a pain to use my OEM Dock Charger for the storm.. I really have no problem taking it off everytime I need to charge, i'd just be worried about wear and tear and it not staying together after some period of time..

but it does look pretty good. Makes me want one =/ lol

Yah, I had to forgo useage of my beloved dock when I decided to get this one

Seidio has stated they'll be coming out with a dock that works with Innocase, but until then, I'll opt for protection over the dock.
    01-08-09 10:43 AM
    This is not quite as sticky as the silicone skin.

The best way to compare it is to the sides of the phone (not the metal batt cover, and not the chrome. There's the strip of rubbery texture that surrounds the convenience buttons. The case feels like that all over.
    01-08-09 10:47 AM
    How hard would it be to take the case off at night to put into the cradle ??
    01-08-09 10:48 AM
    Nice review! I had been debating between full body Ghost Armor + BB pouch or this case + clip/pouch. I went with the Ghost Armor/pouch option, but I will definitely consider this again if that doesn't work out! I didn't think the case sounded that great, but it seems like it is.
    01-08-09 10:49 AM
    It's not impossible to get the case off. But it's not something you'd want to do all the time.

There are about 5 click points that secure the two halves of the case around the edges of the case. They're all sturdy, but I wouldn't take them apart and put them back together twice a day just for the dock. I'll just wait out Seidio making their own dock to fit this thing or take the Dremmel to one of my two docks and see if I can make one fit.
    01-08-09 10:53 AM
    I ordered this. I have a dock at home on my nightstand and one in the office. I hope it is not a "Procedure" to remove and re-place, b/c I'll be doing it at least 2X a day.

I found the IS to act like an insulator - especially when docked and using the media player - the Storm got WAAAYYYY too hot.

I know that some people feel like a battery pull is too much trouble. For me, out of habit I clear my cache and logs and do a battery pull every morning - and it does not seem to be a hassle. So I hope it is subjective as to not wanting to do it all the time. O/w I may be out of ideas for protection. The BB rubber case is crud, and I am still walking on eggshells with it on, afraid a small drop will be the end of my Storm.

I'll report back, once I have the Innocase I in hand. Next step a horizontal leather case to fit the Storm with the Innocase on.
    01-08-09 11:05 AM
    I'll report back, once I have the Innocase I in hand. Next step a horizontal leather case to fit the Storm with the Innocase on.
    What are your thoughts on the horizontal leather case that Seidio offers to fit the Innocase I&II? It has been stated that the Seidio pouches do not allow for the sleeper function, but I thought that was magnet driven.

I have been debating between the case and the holster. I currently have a POS one from VZW, and used one for the Voyager, and really like the horizontal pouch. However, I have heard from a few folks that in the Innocase and pouch that it gets too hot.

I am not much of a holster fan, but if the the Storm gets too hot, I might have to go the holster route...
    01-11-09 07:35 PM
    let's say i want to take the case out so i could clean the storm, is it hard to take the case apart?
    01-16-09 04:02 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD