So today I needed to do a battery pull and when I went to pull the case apart the thin and weak top shell snapped. I only had this case a matter of 3 weeks. I love the case don't get me wrong, but if you ever need to take the case off be extremely careful. Not to mention, in a fall, it doesn't do much. The case pops open as soon as it hits the ground.

So, I guess I'll rock my silicone case for a while.

Sigh.
    02-19-09 01:17 AM
    Contact Seidio. They might send you a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 01:26 AM
    lmao @ the rogers diss....rogers has been pretty good (for me at least) lately.

yeah i just got the innocase, its a very tight fit, and yes it is indeed very difficult to take off the case, i just gave up and didnt bother, especially after reading about how a bunch of people has broken their cases.
    02-19-09 02:18 AM
    i dont think they will cover it since you physically broke itwhile trying to take apart the two pieces. i wasnt too pleased with how fragile the seidio inno case was, and it eventually broke only after a week of use... so i but the casemate smart skin :]
    02-19-09 02:21 AM
    Not to mention, the Seidio Inno Case nicked my bezel a bit due to the tight fit.

I see Ninja in my future.
    02-19-09 02:41 AM
    yeah that pissed me off the most. my silver bezel is covered in scratches. after a year of having my bold, im definately going to pull a ninja.
    02-19-09 02:44 AM
    That settles it. I'm not getting their case. Too many posts of bad experiences. Thanks for the head's up.

Bryan
    02-19-09 02:54 AM
    i found out to take mine off on the sides by the usb, with just my finger nail top,
    02-19-09 03:18 AM
    Mine should actually arrive later today. I'm putting a Zagg Invisible Shield on it first to try and protect the BOLD from the case. Hopefully it turns out to be nice since it was $25.

Chris
    02-19-09 03:38 AM
    i have never had any problems with seidio warranty. i have broken the tabs on a few innocases and they gave no problems for a warranty replacement. You have 180 days from date of purchase for a warranty replacement.
    02-19-09 01:03 PM
    could not post links cause i only had 9 post. here is the form.

hxxp://www.seidio.com/rma/rma.php
    **change the "xx" to "tt"**
    02-19-09 01:03 PM
    if you contact seidio, i'm sure they'll replace. mine did the same and they replaced it with no problems. as far as the case falling apart, it could be a bad batch case (my first was), BUT, i would rather the case come apart and my berry be ok, than not having anything on my berry at all. this is by far the best case that i have used on any of my devices.
    02-19-09 03:00 PM
    did you have to return your broken case?
    02-19-09 03:15 PM
    Call or email them. I've had several seidio cases over the years and a few of them broke as you described and they've always replaced them. Hopefully you still have your order number as they always asked for it from me

Jlasa, when I called they did ask me to return the broken ones
    02-19-09 03:24 PM
    Same thing happened to me. 40bux with shipping for this POS case. I had to pull my battery a few times as well. It started with a little crack an eventually broke on the top right corner of the face. It should be a lot more sterdy than that in my opinion. Grrrrrrr. (-_-)

02-19-09 04:37 PM
    Same exact thing happened to mine might have to try the speck case and see if it is any better.
    02-19-09 05:06 PM
    I am truly sorry for the problems you've experienced with your Bold cases.

If you'll email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com I'll make sure you're all taken care of.

Thanks,
    02-20-09 10:27 AM
    I am truly sorry for the problems you've experienced with your Bold cases.

If you'll email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com I'll make sure you're all taken care of.

Thanks,
    And this is why I will continue to buy their products. Customer service.

02-20-09 02:47 PM
    And this is why I will continue to buy their products. Customer service.

i agree completely!
    02-20-09 02:50 PM
    id like to get this case
    02-20-09 04:28 PM
    get it! i just got it last week and so far everythings great. cept for the little difficulty to removing the case, as you read many people have broken it.

you have to be very very careful and work your way around before you pry it all off.
    02-20-09 04:50 PM
    What if we purchase from Crackberry? Will we be helped out? Or only if we purchased from Seidio directly?

Thanks!
    02-20-09 04:54 PM
    Love the case but my 2nd Seidio case just failed for my Bold in less than 4 months. There seems to be a design issue with the "plastic prongs" which secure the case properly. I'm working with Seido directly to resolve the issue since it has been less than 6 months. Will hope for the best. Again, the form factor of this case is excellent. They have to get it right soon!
    03-13-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD