I am thinking of getting one of these; while my battery life is ok, wifey works in an area where her phone is searching for the signal a lot, which seems to be draining her battery quickly...at least that's what I think;... she's gonna take her Pearl to the Verizon store tomorrow and see what they say, or if they'll swap her battery, BUT: in the meantime, just in case the current battery (or phone) is not her problem and because it's also advisable to have an extra battery anyway, i was thinking of getting a Seidio ext. battery for her BB pearl 8130...

I just wanted to know from those who have experience with this extended life battery:
    did it make a difference?
    did you think it was worth it?

I can only find 6 reviews on Seido site, so I thought i'd get a little more feedback here.

Thanks I.A.
    07-17-09 12:32 AM
    I bought the 2600 mAh extended battery for my storm - and I'm very happy with it. I'v gotten about twice the battery life with it

with OEM battery - off charger around 7am and was blinking by 5pm

with Seidio - off charger at 7... 10pm still at 53%

my work requires me to be on the phone quite a bit and I'm running about 13 apps with it so definately worth the $50+ I spent
    08-16-09 12:02 AM
    The extended is well worth it. I didn't buy the Seidio, I went a little cheaper, but you'll find it increases the volume, processor speed, and lasts longer. If you want to save a little, go here:

MegaCapacity.com
    08-16-09 12:55 AM
    The extended is well worth it. I didn't buy the Seidio, I went a little cheaper, but you'll find it increases the volume, processor speed, and lasts longer. If you want to save a little, go here:

MegaCapacity.com
    So it actually does more than improve the battery life alone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 07:03 PM
    So it actually does more than improve the battery life alone?
    I can vouch for making my Pearl last 1.5 to 2 days versus 0.75 a day on the regular battery. I never noticed the other claims by BigBadWulf.
    08-16-09 07:09 PM
    It's supplying more power to the system. Blackberry OEM batteries don't give all the power the system can handle, so an increase will have an effect on more than life alone. If it were just the life increase, it would match the power increase, but if you look at the numbers, over double the power will not yield double the length of service.
    08-16-09 07:22 PM
    I had the Seidio extended OEM sized battery for my 8130. With light usage it gave me about an extra 6 hrs or so. With heavy use about another 2 or 3.

The OEM sized one is also a hair thicker than the battery that came with the 81xx series, so has the added benefit of fixing the loose battery door issue.
    08-16-09 07:33 PM
    One thing I failed to mention, I also like the way my Pearl fits in my hand better, with the extended battery.
    08-16-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD