Hey everyone, just bought the Seidio 2600mAh extended battery with cover. Battery seems to help, but the cover is the typical crap construction made in china. So cheap after just 2 battery cover removals, the 3rd time the locking mechanism just sticks and doesn't pop back into place. I start to panic as I'm tugging on it to pull it off. And then I have to pry it off. But luckily the construction on the lock is so bad it just pops off. Whew!

Anyway, just wondering how other people have solved their extended battery door cover dilemma. I can't be the only one with the pisspoor locking mechanism. Saw lots of complaints about construction on amazon reviews and didn't heed the warnings.

Anybody know where I can get a decent battery cover for an extended battery or do I just have to go back to using the factory battery? (at least the cover doesn't have a noticeable gap and it locks/unlocks smoothly).

Thank you all for your help.
    08-24-10 04:41 PM
    The lock mechanism never popped all the way into place for me and I always had to pull pretty hard to get it off.

I just modified my otterbox commuter case to work with the extended battery and use the case with no battery door.
    08-24-10 04:42 PM
    yes we know how bad it is on the 9650. However Seidio claims there is no problem.
    08-24-10 04:46 PM
    You guys have any suggestions for fixes other than duct tape and chewing gum?
    08-24-10 05:01 PM
    Mine doesn't come off. I have to dig my nail into the "unlock" tab and slide another nail under the actual battery door to get it off. Terrible work and for $60 you think we could get a working battery door. The battery itself helps so much, just a pain in the A to get the door off.
    08-24-10 05:17 PM
    found a deal at everything4blackberry for $30, same battery but looks like a totally different back cover that just snaps on. gonna try that. i'll let you know how it works out.
    08-24-10 05:20 PM
    Mine doesn't come off. I have to dig my nail into the "unlock" tab and slide another nail under the actual battery door to get it off. Terrible work and for $60 you think we could get a working battery door. The battery itself helps so much, just a pain in the A to get the door off.
    yup, trust me, I've sent in pictures of the problem to seidio. They wrote back telling me its normal, even though the battery cover works great on the Tours, but not the Bold 9650. They havnt used the door for them selfs on the 9650, only the Tour 9630 and claim since it works on the 9630, it will work on the 9650, but thats where there wrong, it doesnt work well on the 9650 Bold, but they havnt got that through there thick skulls yet and they refuse to test the battery cover door on the 9650 since they say they had a Tour that it works on and that both phones are the same... bunch of dummys the Seidio company is anymore. I used to recommend them to everyone, now I tell people to stay clear of Seidio
    08-24-10 05:23 PM
    If you ever do get it securely in place, don't mess with it and use the 3 button option as batt pull instead: left alt/right shift/del. I've never taken my battery door off since I got the bold as I just do the above.
    08-24-10 07:24 PM
    Contact Seidio, they have a great customer service.
    08-24-10 08:30 PM
    The 2200mAh extended battery for 9650 is actually for the 9630. It fits my 9630 perfectly and the back cover opens/closes just fine. But on my 9650 its ****!!!!
    08-25-10 12:58 AM
    I love seidios designs and concepts but hate there final products,
    Poor engineering in everything,
    1.innocase1 the clips are weak on the bold it last a month
    2.innocase 2 right side is under engineered and it breaks
    3.the cradle known problems with the pins
    4. extended battery cheaply designed door
    5, screen guaeds are almost impossible separate from backing
    6. customer service is accommodating but rma's take over a month
    Every product for the Bold sucks except for the snap case
    i buy much of there merchandise and most of its crap
    Its just the prettiest stuff out there
    08-25-10 01:28 AM
    found a deal at everything4blackberry for $30, same battery but looks like a totally different back cover that just snaps on. gonna try that. i'll let you know how it works out.
    Did this $30 extended battery give proficient life cause I just called and the rep didn't sound too educated on their own product. Pin me at 3220E8D8 cause i'm thinking about getting this one over the seidio, how was the battery door and how thick was it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 01:57 PM
    I have no problem with my door. I checked out the other battery and it looks bigger and the door looks fatter also.

I wish they wouls make a case for this phone with the extended battery.
    08-25-10 02:03 PM
    The 2200mAh does give you more battery life, I couldn't live without it and the extra size/weight its not even that noticeable. Fits tight into the holster which can be good. For my usage the 2200mAh battery suffice, because I have the standard and a 1600mAh and its just not enough.

I'm always on BBM, Texting, Twitter, Facebook pretty much all day
    09-03-10 04:03 AM
    i just bought mine and hard time to remove the battery cover. after a 2nd time removing it i snapped abit off the latch now. burning right now. expect that latch to be metal.
    03-21-11 02:53 AM
    i bought a 9630 latch and spring off cnn.cn and did abit of modifying to fit it onto the seidio extended battery door and works perfectly. springs back like the oem battery door.
    12-27-11 03:33 AM
    I never use the back cover, I leave it off and use my commuter or defender on my 9650.

Sent from my ? thumbs via Tapatalk
    12-29-11 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD