DON'T purchase it. I am very disappointed with it. It comes with some kind of molded adapter that sits inside it. This can be detached, presumably so that they can use the same form factor for other devices. The problem is, it sticks to the 9700 when you take it out. However, that's not the worst part about this product. The worst part is, you have to fuss, coerce, fanagle your BB to make contact, charge and hold it's contacts. I never had this problem on my 9000 with the RIM desktop charger. I would just drop it in, and it would charge. This product blows. Buy RIM's.

This is an anomaly for them, though, since they make other great products. For example, the first accessory I get whenever I get a new BB device is SEIDIO's Spring Clip Holster.

To be clear, I am disappointed with the charger when the Blackberry 9700 is case less. Users seems to be happy with the charger when the 9700 is cased with their Innocase.
    Last edited by conker; 01-12-10 at 12:43 PM.
    01-11-10 12:06 PM
    I purchased rims and love it... thanks for the heads up on the seidio one
    01-11-10 12:07 PM
    the adapter is probably so if you use the inocase it will work with it.
    01-11-10 12:23 PM
    I have a rubber case on my BB which has the bottom open but I am wondering if I can place it inside the OEM charger. I am guessing I would have to partially remove the rubber case first? I went to my local BestBuy store yesterday but they did not have any in stock.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    01-11-10 01:10 PM
    Well thanks for the heads up, I was considering buying that too.
    01-11-10 01:42 PM
    the adapter is probably so if you use the inocase it will work with it.
    That's exactly right.
    01-11-10 02:01 PM
    SEIDIO desktop charger is built to be used with the innocases-

Has anyone else have any experience with the desktop charger?

CONKER: Did u try to return the charger, did SEIDIO provide you with another charger/refund/etc??
    01-11-10 02:07 PM
    I use my SEIDIO INNOCASE and SEIDIO charging pod with no problems. Drop the phone in with or without case and it works perfectly. Use the molded adapter only when your 9700 is naked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 02:28 PM
    Sometimes the plastic comes out when you use it on the naked BB. But I have had no issues with the charger part working any differently then the OEM one I have at home.
    01-11-10 02:54 PM
    The GF & I got our Innocase II's and Seidio cradles last week. I was a little concerned after reading that some folks had a real hard time getting the charge contacts to hit their mark. Now that we've had them for a few days, I've found that if you just drop the 9700 straight down into the cradle, it often will not connect properly, requiring a bit of manipulation to make contact.

However, I've also found that if I put the phone into the cradle so it's leaning forward during insertion and then lay it back into the cradle, it works perfectly every time. As the phone lays back you can hear the spring loaded contacts as they clear the holes in the case and hit the metal pads on the 9700.

Your mileage may vary, but give it a try.... it works very well for me.

I do like the little light on the rear-top of the OEM cradles better than the LED on the back of the Seidio cradle, but I can live with that
    01-11-10 03:14 PM
    I've had the same contact issues with oem pods. If you don't get them in just right it won't charge. I imagine the seidio is no different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 06:43 PM
    Sorry, no sympathy from me. The issue is annoying, much more than I think any customer needs to deal with. On my 9000 (oem desktop charger), I had no such issues. I could drop it in at any angle, and it would charge. I never had to fuss with it.
    01-12-10 09:11 AM
    hi, i posted a video review of this charging pod on sunday. have a look, the insert is so you can use it on the bb 9700 when its naked, u are supposed to use it with a case anyway. i reall recommend it when your using the innocase 2 or 360. dont put a product down, which was not created for what you are trying to use it for. for example if you buy a bentley, dont expect it to be able to swim or drive through water. if you where gonna use a charging pod, you shoudl have researched a little and bought the cheaper blackberry rim charging pod. the desktop charger from seidio works GREAT with the innocase...

just my 2 cents...
    01-12-10 11:56 AM
    Have used the Seidio Innocase II and Seidio pod charger (w/o adapter) for 2 weeks now...works flawlessly. Sorry to hear about the other problems, but from my experience I would def recommed it
    01-12-10 12:01 PM
    hi, i posted a video review of this charging pod on sunday. have a look, the insert is so you can use it on the bb 9700 when its naked, u are supposed to use it with a case anyway. i reall recommend it when your using the innocase 2 or 360. dont put a product down, which was not created for what you are trying to use it for. for example if you buy a bentley, dont expect it to be able to swim or drive through water. if you where gonna use a charging pod, you shoudl have researched a little and bought the cheaper blackberry rim charging pod. the desktop charger from seidio works GREAT with the innocase...

just my 2 cents...
    Yes, I understand that the insert is for use when naked. If the intended use was for with the Innocase and ONLY the Innocase, then they should not have included the insert. They made a choice to support with and without. Usage under one condition should not cripple usage under another condition.

So, I agree, I should not generalize my disappointment with it. I will revise my OP to say that I am disappointed with the implementation when the 9700 is naked (case less).
    01-12-10 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD