03-03-09 10:13 PM
27 12
tools
    Ok I have to register a new account to post this because I can't stand the way Seidio treat their customer. I placed the order with Seidio for a Innocase II Surface case for my new BlackBerry Curve 8900 on February 26, 2009 at 2:26:00 PM. However, I cancelled the order 10 minutes after that because I found a cheaper price for the same case on eBay from their authorized dealer. When I called Seidio company to cancel my order (10 minutes after placing the order) the person on the phone said he would go ahead and cancel my order. I even double checked and he said there will be NO charge on my bank account. However, I received the email notice that my order has shipped on February 27. I called Seidio again at 4:24pm same day but the office was closed even the office hours stated on Seidio website is 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST. I also wrote them an email about my order on February 27 but I still haven't received any response from them. They simply just ignore me!!!...and guess what??? this morning I received the package from Seidio on my front door and they charged my bank account!!! I can't believe how Seidio stay in the business if they treat customer like this I'll make sure Seidio won't get any business from me and all people I know. I'll spread my words out on the Internet about my horrible experience with Seidio if they keep treating customer like this!
    03-03-09 12:15 PM
    Why hide behind a new account?
    03-03-09 12:18 PM
    Why hide behind a new account?
    I think he means he used to just lurk, but now he made an account just to tell about his experience?

Keep calling Seidio, they should give you a refund. From my experience (with other companies) they might not request that you ship the item back.
    03-03-09 12:21 PM
    How many new accounts do u think it will take u to get it spread "all over the internet"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 12:21 PM
    I think he means he used to just lurk, but now he made an account just to tell about his experience?

Keep calling Seidio, they should give you a refund. From my experience (with other companies) they might not request that you ship the item back.
    Damn, that makes sense. It still feels like a Monday at work. hehe
    03-03-09 12:29 PM
    @MrCool777 - Just send the package back as "Return to Sender" and you won't have to pay for shipping. Seidio has a Crackberry account and I'm sure they will respond to this message and hopefully help you out.

Here's an example of what I am talking about:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/se...esired-169231/
    03-03-09 01:10 PM
    Thanks CCZ. I'm a long time lurker, but I have to register a new account to share with you guys about my horrible experience with Seidio. I called Seidio this morning and they asked me to ship the case back for refund but I have to pay for shipping!!! I also have to fill out the RMA form and they'll review it before giving me refund! It's just ridiculous. To Beavercountyemt, do you work for Seidio??? I'm sure my word will spread out to help other customers. Why would you stand on a company who treat customer like Sh...? Seidio should learn from Zappos about Customer Service. Zappos becomes a billion dollar business from their customer's words of mouth. They didn't have to pay alot of money for advertising.
    03-03-09 01:14 PM
    if it was sent via UPS or Fedex, just don't sign for the package. I know its too late now, but for future reference, if you don't sign and reject the package UPS will return to sender and no charges apply.
    03-03-09 01:21 PM
    Thanks Aristile for your reply. I called Seidio this morning, they asked me to fill out some kind of form and submit it to them. They'll review it and before giving me the refund. They also said I have to pay for shipping charge to send the case back to them It's just bad when they told me they would cancel my order before and there won't be charge on my account, but they still ship it, charge my bank then ask me to go through all the hassle about return. So basically they just lie about cancelling my order when I called 10 minutes after placing the order.
    03-03-09 01:22 PM
    Thanks CCZ. I'm a long time lurker, but I have to register a new account to share with you guys about my horrible experience with Seidio. I called Seidio this morning and they asked me to ship the case back for refund but I have to pay for shipping!!! I also have to fill out the RMA form and they'll review it before giving me refund! It's just ridiculous. To Beavercountyemt, do you work for Seidio??? I'm sure my word will spread out to help other customers. Why would you stand on a company who treat customer like Sh...? Seidio should learn from Zappos about Customer Service. Zappos becomes a billion dollar business from their customer's words of mouth. They didn't have to pay alot of money for advertising.
    I can guarantee you that if I were in your position, I would not be paying for shipping that box back to them. That goes for any business if this situation would have happened to me.
    03-03-09 01:24 PM
    Acerrunner, I didn't sign for the package. The Fedex delivery guy just through it on my front door. We have a secured gate outside with bell but I guess the Fedex delivery guy just being lazy to ring the bell and ask for my signature.
    03-03-09 01:26 PM
    Thanks Aristile for your support. I also don't think it's right for Seidio to charge customer shipping back the item to them. Especially in my sittuation when they had told me my order was cancelled but still ship it.
    03-03-09 01:30 PM
    Sorry that you are experience this, but I think you should've done a better research on where to get cheaper rather than jumping on the boat right away.

I got mine on ebay as well for $24 compare to Seido's $29.99 with $5+ shipping (minimum)

Good luck
    03-03-09 01:32 PM
    Thanks Aristile for your support. I also don't think it's right for Seidio to charge customer shipping back the item to them. Especially in my sittuation when they had told me my order was cancelled but still ship it.
    No problem. As I said previously, if you have not opened the package just write "Return to Sender" on it and drop it off back with FedEx since they delivered it to you. Even if you have opened it, do your best to tape it back up (and drop in the RMA information in the box but only if you have opened it) and send it back anyway. I have done this before and didn't have any problems. Don't be mean but do be firm at FedEx if they try to make you pay for shipping. It doesn't hurt to try, right?
    03-03-09 01:35 PM
    Thanks Aristile. I haven't opened the package yet. Now I'm thinking if it's worth my time to stop by FedEx to return the package to Seidio since Fedex station is 30 minutes driving from where I live.
    03-03-09 01:40 PM
    That's totally up to you. I would think the Seidio Crackberry member will probably reply to this post sometime today or maybe even tomorrow, it just depends I guess. Maybe save some gas if you are not going to where FedEx is or you can find another reason to go in that direction and venture out!
    03-03-09 01:45 PM
    Ok I have to register a new account to post this because I can't stand the way Seidio treat their customer. I placed the order with Seidio for a Innocase II Surface case for my new BlackBerry Curve 8900 on February 26, 2009 at 2:26:00 PM. However, I cancelled the order 10 minutes after that because I found a cheaper price for the same case on eBay from their authorized dealer. When I called Seidio company to cancel my order (10 minutes after placing the order) the person on the phone said he would go ahead and cancel my order. I even double checked and he said there will be NO charge on my bank account. However, I received the email notice that my order has shipped on February 27. I called Seidio again at 4:24pm same day but the office was closed even the office hours stated on Seidio website is 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST. I also wrote them an email about my order on February 27 but I still haven't received any response from them. They simply just ignore me!!!...and guess what??? this morning I received the package from Seidio on my front door and they charged my bank account!!! I can't believe how Seidio stay in the business if they treat customer like this I'll make sure Seidio won't get any business from me and all people I know. I'll spread my words out on the Internet about my horrible experience with Seidio if they keep treating customer like this!
    MrCool,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your order. If you'll email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com I'll make sure you're taken care of. Please copy the text from this post into your email.

Thanks,
    03-03-09 03:12 PM
    SEIDIO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! I posted about my experience recently. They are hopeless!!!!

TODAY I got my credit....FINALLY after they received my return on FEB 12!!!!!!!!!!!

BAD SERVICE!
    03-03-09 03:20 PM
    SEIDIO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! I posted about my experience recently. They are hopeless!!!!

TODAY I got my credit....FINALLY after they received my return on FEB 12!!!!!!!!!!!

BAD SERVICE!
    kcmo,

I'm glad your issue was taken care of. We actually processed your credit on the 26th, but I guess your bank just posted it.

As I mentioned before, your delay was not normal and I apologize again for the inconveniences this caused you.

If there's anything further I can do to help you, please let me know.

Best regards,
    03-03-09 04:36 PM
    kcmo,

I'm glad your issue was taken care of. We actually processed your credit on the 26th, but I guess your bank just posted it.

As I mentioned before, your delay was not normal and I apologize again for the inconveniences this caused you.

If there's anything further I can do to help you, please let me know.

Best regards,
    What's funny is how often you say that this 'isn't the norm'.....there are MANY customers who experience the SAME issues with you guys but you do NOTHING to improve your customer service. I think it IS THE NORM!
    03-03-09 04:41 PM
    Sorry that you are experience this, but I think you should've done a better research on where to get cheaper rather than jumping on the boat right away.

I got mine on ebay as well for $24 compare to Seido's $29.99 with $5+ shipping (minimum)

Good luck
    What he said. You have a lot of nerve posting this. Can you prove it was ten minutes? I bet not!

03-03-09 04:51 PM
    I can guarantee you that if I were in your position, I would not be paying for shipping that box back to them. That goes for any business if this situation would have happened to me.
    Exactly. From a business stand point they usually understand since it wouldn't make sense to have you pay for their mistake. If you don't ship it back, and they request the item back, then they have to pay the shipping. But that's pointless cause it's just extra cost.

Companies would usually write it off and just let you keep the item.

Good luck to the TS.
    Last edited by CCZ; 03-03-09 at 05:21 PM.
    03-03-09 05:18 PM
    What's funny is how often you say that this 'isn't the norm'.....there are MANY customers who experience the SAME issues with you guys but you do NOTHING to improve your customer service. I think it IS THE NORM!
    I can completely understand how that might be your perception, but it's simply not the case. We have hundreds of thousands of customers and we work very hard to make sure they're happy. If they're not, we work diligently to handle their issue and try to alleviate their frustrations.

I'm not saying that our customer service is always perfect, but in our efforts to continually improve, I've chosen to volunteer and help any customers that fall through the cracks or are unhappy for whatever reason.

You posted your situation on the forum and we immediately looked into the issue and fixed it. We gave you a full refund and apologized repeatedly...I'm really not sure what else we could've done.

I'm not here to argue with you, and you're absolutely within your right to bash us as much as you'd like, but at this point I'm not sure there's anything I can do to make you happy. If that's not the case, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
    03-03-09 06:17 PM
    Just wanted to chime in here, about 6 months back I purchased a seidio black battery door for my 8320. Over time it began to wear and tear to the point it wouldn't fit my phone anymore. I was in some thread talking about this, pretty much just saying what happened and how it sucked. A rep from seidio pmed me and asked for my shipping info, and sent me another one....keep in mind this was months after the initial purchase. So although I understand your frustration for this particular problem, I wouldn't be so quick as to call their customer service (as a whole) "horrible". I can't think of any other company that provides us with so many numerous accesories, and has a rep that frequents these forums looking for problems.

Just my 2 cents

03-03-09 06:44 PM
    It sucks that you were originally instructed to pay for shipping, but I think that when a company is doing THAT much business, mistakes are bound to happen and at some point, not every single customer is going to be 100% happy. That's just the way business, sales, and numbers pan out. I've been in sales and customer service for many years and have learned that people are people and people make mistakes - you can't penalize someone for having an off day, screwing up, or forgetting something (such as maybe forgetting to cancel that order). That's just my 2 cents.

03-03-09 08:55 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD