Does anyone have an idea why Seidio leaves the screen exposed in their cases? I'm thinking about their new super slim case for the 8130 and I can't figure out why they wouldn't include a clear hard screen cover with their case. Would it affect the screen image negatively? Or maybe being a super slim case, their screen cover might rub the actual BB screen? Maybe I should just call Seidio and ask them myself but I thought I'd post the question here first.
    02-20-08 01:28 AM
    No idea. All I can tell you is that I use the two-toned leather horizontal case for my 8830 with a skin and it works GREAT.
    02-20-08 02:37 AM
    As a follow up, the case is made by Seidio.
    02-20-08 02:39 AM
    I don't actually have one but I have read quite a bit about them. What I have read is that, no, they do not protect the screen. You will need to get thier screen protecter thing as well.

clipse
    02-20-08 06:32 AM
    I understand the screen protector option, I was just thinking, if my BB falls to the ground and the screen gets gouged, it's worse than the case getting gouged. A thin membrane covering the screen may not help if the BB lands face first on a pebble or something. Then again, a Plexiglas covering may not help it either but it seems like it would be better. To me it seems odd that the most vulnerable part needs the best protection and instead it gets nothing. Things that make me go hmmmmm.
    02-20-08 02:04 PM
    However, for $5 more you can buy a ...... screen protector.
    I bought the whole set up and now basically use the holster with a OEM Bberry skin and have placed my own (larger than the actual screen area) screen protector on it.
    So there is one available for a nominal fee.
    02-29-08 09:21 PM
    I bought the whole set up and now basically use the holster with a OEM Bberry skin and have placed my own (larger than the actual screen area) screen protector on it.
    Yeah, I know about that. I was just wanting something thicker than the actual screen. Something covering the actual screen for more protection. Your screen protecter is larger than the screen? What kind is it? Does it stay on good?
    03-01-08 03:35 PM
    Which Seidio holster do you use? The plain one or the skinned one? I was gonna use an OEM skin with the Seidio skinned holster but wasn't sure if it would be snug in the holster?
    04-12-08 04:52 PM
    I use the Speck clear case and the case does cover the screen. I also installed the Best Skin Ever. I am very satisfied, have dropped my Curve several times and has sustained zero damage.
    04-12-08 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD