01-10-09 06:28 AM
44 12
tools
    One thing I've noticed is that typing feels much more responsive. It makes the whole phone feel more solid. I've had a great clicking screen all along but it feels twice as good with this case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 02:24 PM
    Looks like the innocase holster is made out of a different material than the spring clip holster.I have the spring clip holster and it is made out of a rubberized material,the innocase holster seems to made out of a hard plastic.
    Interesting. I think that might be because they felt the Innocase provides enough protection and did not want to make the Innocase holster bulky? That seems to make the most sense to me. Also they probably needed to make the holster so that it could hold the storm with the Innocase on it so it's probably of a different design due to the extra area the Innocase adds.
    01-04-09 02:26 PM
    why would you charge it while holstered??
    I don't want to have to remove my phone from the holster while charging the phone in my car. I use the holster to secure my phone in a clip in my car and it works perfectly for GPS, etc. as well. The holster shouldn't preclude any phone functions IMHO.
    01-04-09 02:47 PM
    why would you charge it while holstered??
    Because if the phone is dead, I need to charge it. So I rather have my phone and holster in one place. If I need to go out, all I do is unplug rather than search for my holster.
    01-04-09 04:43 PM
    What's the best place to get the InnocaseII +Holster, are they online items only or are they being stocked in some stores?

If online only, what was your turnaround time on your order? I am heading out to a conference on the 15th and would love to have a case + holster before I leave.

TIA!
    01-05-09 09:42 AM
    nice!
    Good Case
    01-05-09 09:48 AM
    Only problem I could see with this, is that there is a gap which can allow dust if you have the Storm facing up.

There was another user with a review of the same holster and Innocase II and the holster was blocking the USB port. He had to cut away a small piece so that the USB plug fit.
    Well if I wanto to charge the phone I would just remove it from the Holster...0.5 second proccess...
    01-05-09 09:49 AM
    What's the best place to get the InnocaseII +Holster, are they online items only or are they being stocked in some stores?

If online only, what was your turnaround time on your order? I am heading out to a conference on the 15th and would love to have a case + holster before I leave.

TIA!
    I ordered my Innocase I + holster from Seidio..the makers. It was supposed to be shipped out Jan 6th but was shipped a day early. I got it 4 days or so. It was shipped via USPS First Class. You can get it shipped next day or quicker but will cost more money
    Well if I wanto to charge the phone I would just remove it from the Holster...0.5 second proccess...
    Unlike yourself, I prefer to keep my phone holstered and charged at the same time. I like to keep my items all together and if I need to take my phone while its charged, all I do is unplug. Not to mention, protection incase if fall or if someone knocks it.
    01-05-09 09:56 AM
    Fantastic looking case.
    01-05-09 09:59 AM
    I don't want to have to remove my phone from the holster while charging the phone in my car. I use the holster to secure my phone in a clip in my car and it works perfectly for GPS, etc. as well. The holster shouldn't preclude any phone functions IMHO.
    Thank you all for your input regarding the charging port...your opinions are very important to us. I will forward your suggestions to our engineering group for future developments.

Thanks,
    01-05-09 03:04 PM
    I would have liked the holster to have the rubberized texture better. I don't know why the Innocase holster didnt come with that feature. I really liked it with the regular seidio holster.
    01-05-09 05:01 PM
    I like the rubberized texture also ,I have the regular holster and have ordered the innocase 1 and holster.Was wondering if there is any reason why there is a difference in the two holsters
    01-05-09 05:12 PM
    I've been looking at just the normal holster from Seidio (without the innocase) and am wondering about the swivel clip.

I would like to clip it to my pocket, rather than my belt (just feels awkward on my belt and bulging from my hip so much). The leather BB case I have from Verizon doesn't grip onto my pocket too well. It hasn't fallen off my pocket, but it has come close a few times. Also, when I pull the phone out of it, the clip slides out of my pocket. I have to use both hands or carefully pull it out while holding the case with my fingers, and such.

So.... My question... how well does the clip on this Seidio case grip in a pocket? I think it being a holster rather than a top-leather case the problem of pulling it strait out of the pocket will be resolved, but I still wonder about how well it grips.

Also, side question for other people... am I the only one feeling awkward with it on my belt/top edge of my pants?
    01-06-09 01:54 AM
    I would have liked the holster to have the rubberized texture better. I don't know why the Innocase holster didnt come with that feature. I really liked it with the regular seidio holster.
    Mjamal,

We found that putting the coating on the Innocase holster and the Innocase caused unnecessary friction when holstering, and would sometimes lead to improper seating of the device.

Thanks,
    01-06-09 11:28 AM
    I received my Innocase II and Holster combo today for my Storm. I am very happy with the fit and finish. The case itself fits very well, was easy to put on, and is very lightweight. The holster doesn't bulge as much as I thought it would considering it has to accomadate case. Very Slick looking and great choice for anyone who needs a case and for it to look decent. Also, I have not experienced any clicking changes in my screen. Perfect!
    01-09-09 06:51 PM
    Ease of Use 4/5
    Once again here instructions are key. I can see where people might feel like they can scratch the top of their phones but the spring clip holding the phone is easy to use and if done correctly will not scratch anything.
    okay, am i the ONLY person who has this case and holster and just slides the phone in top first? it prevents the scratching of the phone in any possible way..

and if u do it this way, u don't have to cut out anything to charge it... yes i know u can't charge and use the headphone jack at the same time this way, but that's y i have stereo bluetooth headphones...

edit: sorry not the brightest pix, but u guys get the idea
    01-09-09 07:10 PM
    I currently own the Innocase 1, I really like it but the only thing i noticed is:

1. There should be the 2 little Legs that the storm has on it by the speaker, Reason saying when receving a call when lying on table it sounds muffled and low when ringing and speaker phone.

2. I noticed when phone rings the audio vibrates the plastic which causes distortion and when on speakerphone.

The case is snug and tight..

Thanks
    01-09-09 07:32 PM
    I have the Innocase II surface + Spring clip Holster.

I have - and continue to have - an interference between the holster and the charging jack (Storm is in the Innocase II surface) and the right side button.

I normally leave the BB in the Holster when I charge (and I do NOT take it out of the Innocase). I cannot use my BB desktop cradle anymore - which is a bummer (I read above that Seidio is working on one that can be used with the Innocase).

Anyway - the issue is noticed when I plug the charger jack into the phone. The case is about 1mm ~ 2mm too wide and interferes with the insertion of the jack into the charging receptacle of the Storm. If I pull the case back (unclip it at the top), the charging jack will go in, but I'm concerned about putting unnecessary pressure on the charging receptacle on the Storm and eventually causing it to fail prematurely.

This is NOT an issue with the Innocase -- ONLY THE HOLSTER.

I still have not received ANY support from Seidio on my issue. I sent an e-mail directly to the Seidio rep that was *too eager* (immediate replies to e-mail, updates on product availability, etc etc etc) to help me when I was aksing about making the purchase.....

Purchase process = good.

Customer Service after the sale - POOR.

....this is really disappointing

Seidio -- where are you?
    01-10-09 06:04 AM
    I am returning my Innocase II and Holster. Although it is pretty nice, it is too tight on the bottom and has compressed the hard keys. Now the make a snapping sound on every push?? Only had it on 7 days. Never had this problem before on and otherwise great 12-09-08 Canada build for my storm. I am going back to the standard magnet clip holster from Best Buy.

Also, the "rubberized" feel of the Innocase II is a insufficient. The texture and feel are nice, but there is no slip resistant grip at all - IMO.
    01-10-09 06:28 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD