Hello Crackberry Nation, I have been lurking here for a few months and found some great information in this forum.
    I have a question about Seidios extended life batteries. Has anyone tried these and had any luck with them? I read the reviews on them at crackberry and they were mixed.
    I am hessitant about non OEM batts because I bought one on my last phone...a Moto Razr and a few weeks later the screen died. May have been unrelated but nothing elese could have caused it that I know of.
    I would like to find an extended battery that is safe for my Storm and gives me at least a full day of heavy use.
    06-04-09 08:44 PM
    mine works just fine. I get an extra couple hours of use out of it. I would say its unrelated that the screen died on the other phone
    06-04-09 09:27 PM
    mine works just fine. I get an extra couple hours of use out of it. I would say its unrelated that the screen died on the other phone
    Thats good to hear. Do you have the one that fits in the standard battery door or the larger one that comes with it's own battery door?
    06-04-09 09:46 PM
    The Seidio battery says to charge it for 8 hrs before putting it in the phone but I dont have a seperate charger. Will it be alright if I put the battery in the phone to charge it but don't turn the phone on until after 8 hrs?
    06-04-09 09:57 PM
    I have the slim Seidio that fits under the door. It seems I got a little extra out of it, but it's not a huge difference...maybe an hour or two. But I think it was the same price as the OEM, so I'm not complaining and I always carry the OEM as a spare. One thing I will say is I recommend you use QuickPull or the like to do resets because pulling the Seidio out is a pain unless you have good stong fingernails or a knife with you. While it fits behind the OEM door, it is slightly bigger than OEM and fits really tight inside the phone.

Sakins, that will be fine to put the battery in the phone and charge it for 8 hours. Don't even worry about turning the phone off, just plug it in.
    06-05-09 12:25 AM
    Idk if i'm the only one that's doing this, but when i do a battery pull, i use one of the latches from the battery door (the middle one on the top) it fits perfectly right above the battery and i pull the battery out. Haven't had a prob. with it yet, 'cause i don't have to put much pressure so it's not deforming.

As for the battery...I bought the Seidio Innocell Extended Battery 1600mAh OEM couple of days ago, and I don't see any difference. I'm almost tempted to say that it's just about the same, if not worse than my stock batter. I've messed up my stock cause i'll charge the phone for 10mins, for 30mins, for 1.5hrs, it's rare that i leave it for the full 2.5hrs (usually how long it takes from dead to full charge). Do i have a defective battery? I'm wondering if i can return it back. This is with the .148os idk if the OS has anything to do with it. I've just downloaded the BBCrackman Hybrid so i'll see how the battery goes on there.
    06-05-09 08:55 AM
    I have some questions about storm's OEM battery and Seidio model:

-What is the original power of the OEM? in mAh
    -Can I find a Seidio(or whatever aftermarket battery) with a great extended life(3 to 5 extra hours would be appreciated), without changing my battery door(just want to keep the cool look! )
    -If yes to the previous question, what is it power in mAh?

Links and prices would be appreciated...

I can't do more than 12 hours on it(most of time around 10) and I dont want to buy a car charger that will ''overuse'' the battery

Thanks a lot!
    06-09-09 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD