Has anyone else purchased and received the new Seidio Active X case? I have tried about every case imaginable, and this by far is my favorite. No top piece falling off, solid feel, no sliding around, etc issue that I have had with others.

My question is anyone else having issues with the case causing your Torch to lock up? I've had my case for 2.5 days now, and randomly my phone will completely lock up and I have to do a BP to free it. Never had this issue until I got the case.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue.
    12-18-10 01:26 PM
    I wouldn't think the case is causing your device to lock up. The case is plastic?
    12-18-10 01:53 PM
    My guess is that one or more of the hardware buttons on the sides and top have pressure being exerted on them by the case, causing the phone to lock up. It may not happen all the time, but if its in your pocket in a certain way and pressing up on one of the sides, this could happen. I have had the same issue with any cases that cover up the buttons, rather than leave them open.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 01:54 PM
    Is that the case that has the volume buttons covered up? How are you getting along with that?
    Also, the holy grail for such cases is... does the face plate stay on when it gets knocked??!!
    12-18-10 02:03 PM
    Everything is covered except the USB and headset ports. As I said, this is the best case so far....I've had GRt, Endo GRT, Otterbox, Surface, Case-Mate Feather, Case-Mate Chrome, cheap clear one, Case-Mate Carbon Fiber.....basically any case for the Torch I have tried.

Having better luck today as far as lock ups go. I', thinking it may have something to do with the cover on the lock button as it gets a little pinched or something with the outer case.

Other than the issue I am having (which may not be caused by the case) it's an excellent case. Great protection, top hasn't popped off yet (Yes, already had a drop with it), rubber insert helps with grip, and the outer protection case does it's job well. Highly recommend this. Yes, there is a little bulk added, but I don't mind it.
    12-18-10 06:20 PM
    I'm thinking about getting this case with the matching holster, but am still concerned about damaging my torch. How impact resistant would you rate this case?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 06:42 PM
    A 10. I have the Active combo case and holster. The clip is ultra secure. The phone is well protected. The only thing you may want if you need total security is a screen protector.
    12-18-10 08:13 PM
    This is also happening with my Seido active case. It also happens with the Otterbox case with I got as a replacement for the standard Blackberry case which did not have openings for charging the phone. The otterbox will be good for camping where I do not a holster.
    12-20-10 03:58 PM
    I originally gave the Seidio Active case a big thumbs up but I too have been experiencing my Torch keyboard becoming unresponsive, followed by the device locking up. I do not have any problems whatsoever with the case off. I requested a replacement case from Siedio which they quickly shipped out but alas, no change in performance. This is truly my last slider device, too much hassle....
    12-30-10 08:26 AM
    Hello All,

We are sorry about your experiences and would like to help. We tested the case our Torch and couldn't replicate the issues. Regardless, please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Regards,
    01-03-11 01:48 PM
    Hi I'm having the same issue with my Active X case. I got it today and the keyboard locked about 8 times already. So frustrating... has anyone figured out a solution for this problem yet?
    01-05-11 03:12 AM
    Has anyone else purchased and received the new Seidio Active X case? I have tried about every case imaginable, and this by far is my favorite. No top piece falling off, solid feel, no sliding around, etc issue that I have had with others.

My question is anyone else having issues with the case causing your Torch to lock up? I've had my case for 2.5 days now, and randomly my phone will completely lock up and I have to do a BP to free it. Never had this issue until I got the case.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue.
    I've had this case for about two weeks and I haven't had any lock up issues. The only issue I have with this case is the charger port area, the charger plug which conflicts with the lightweight rubber polymer.

It seems to be that the way the case is designed that there is not enough clearance room for the charger plug to completely pass under the rubber polymer without pinching between the phone bezel and charger plug.

Although the charger plug is slightly loose while plugged in due to the pinching of the rubber polymer it does manage to charge the phone. There is a workaround though so that charger will plug in all the way and that is to lift the rubber polymer up just enough to give the charger plug enough clearance to pass through and completely in thus causing a piece of the rubber polymer to stretch a tad bit while it rest on top of the charger plug.

Overall, I am concerned how the rubber polymer will hold up overtime. If I knew this would be an issue I may have probably weighed my options a bit more. I wouldn't mind it so much if Seidio offered a one year warranty like OtterBox because then I would have that peace of mind.
    01-08-11 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD