I just ordered the case and holster. Does the case cause slider wobble? Does the holster hold the device securely? Is there any bezel scratching issues? I normally don't put cases on my devices until I got the Defender for my PlayBook.
    10-27-11 07:00 AM
    I had the Seidio active, but it caused the lock button to beep all the time. Never froze the phone, just incessant beeping, although it worked perfectly on my 9800 (it IS a great case for the 9800, I loved it). Never caused a wobble, no scratching whatsoever, the holster is perfect though, never a dropped phone.

My solution is the AGF GRT case with the Seidio holster, the AGF holster pops the phone out if you hiccup (slight exaggeration, but not by much).

I have the Otter Box Defender for my PlayBook as well, is the clear plastic membrane a bit hazy on yours? Mine is, and has been since new.
    10-27-11 11:57 AM
    No problem with the clear screen protector. Sounds like you got a bad one. It seems odd that the same case caused no issue with your 9800 as both devices appear to be identical.
    10-27-11 12:47 PM
    The exterior is the same, just different internals and color. I think the 9800's lock button is not as sensitive to being held down, and the 9810 is overly touchy.
    Others have posted that the Seidio Active held down both the lock and mute keys, causing a frozen phone, although it didn't happen to me even once.
    Again, I loved that case, and maybe Seidio has done a redesign for it. I hope so, I'd buy another one in a second.

Cr@ptastic on the Otter box, I'll shoot them an email tonight, it's only a month old.
    10-27-11 06:57 PM
    i just installed the case and put it in the holster. It looks great. So far, no issues with the mute or lock button.
    10-27-11 09:39 PM
    Cool, I never had a problem with the mute, just the lock. The Seidio case has the best feel to it, kinda rubbery, kinda plastic, if the button issue is fixed, I'm on it once more.

The AGF is a good case as well, but I worry about debris (sawdust, snow, and maybe even a rouge squirrel) getting into the open top.
    10-28-11 09:56 AM
    It feels kind of weird typing on the physical keyboard. The feel of the sliding mechanism is taking some getting used to.
    10-28-11 04:12 PM
    It's been almost 24 hours, used to it yet? I came from a Tour (9630) to 9800, then 9810. The jump from candy bar to slider took some adjusting on my part, but about 24 hours later I was fine with it. There is a video floating around CB by Joseph Holder about the virtual Keyboard. I do prefer the VK in landscape though.

BlackBerry virtual keyboard - best in the business | CrackBerry.com
    10-29-11 04:01 PM
    It took a little while to get used to the physical keyboard due to the increased depth due to the case. The 9810 is my fifth berry.
    10-30-11 09:38 PM
    I have been using the Seidio Holster cases for years now, I won't buy anything else. Two warning I will mention though from personal experience: If you wear a loose shirt, make sure you don't snap the phone in with the shirt, I sent my phone flying a couple of time because of this. Also watch you seatbelt, I got mine hooked on a seatbelt once and separated the belt clip from the holster, it didn't break and snapped back together again without any problem. They are a great company with great service, you can't go wrong with them IMO.
    11-03-11 02:32 AM
    First thing I got was the Otterbox, so big and clumsy I couldnt even put the phone in my pocket. Took it off and dropped the damn thing the next day in the parking lot. My white is not so white anymore! Got the seidio holster. Thing is great! 2nd the shirt thing, loose shirts can get caught, just be careful.
    11-03-11 10:53 PM
    After reading another thread, I realized that with Active case on, the device would not switch to landscape. I also noticed that the virtual keyboard was disabled. When I removed the case, the screen orientation and virtual keyboard returned to their normal behaviors.
    11-05-11 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD