01-13-09 12:58 AM
60 123
tools
    What's the point of the pod? It looks about as useless as the ipod "dock". Why not just plug your phone in via the mini USB port? Although it is easier to just drop it into the pod, it's not exactly hard to plug it in via usb easier.

By the way, this battery rocks! I'm totally abusing the phone, munching as much power as possible and I can't kill it. I went at least 16 hours yesterday, talked for hours, emailed like a maniac, and I still only got as low as 40%.

The instructions say it gets better after 4-6 charges so I should only see performance improvements. I use mine for business and I love the fact that I no longer even consider have to worry about the battery. The phone is heaver but it's a small price to pay.
    01-09-09 08:32 AM
    I hate to admit it because I really need better battery life, but I the Sedio 3500 battery cover makes the Bold look fugly. I saw one in person yesterday.

I bought an extended battery for my 8800 that required a different back of the same stripe: bulged out along the lines of the battery for a strange boxy appearance. I really regretted it. Though it would still fit in the case (though VERY snugly), it would not sit flat on a table, slid everywhere in the car, etc.

Looking at iPhones just before the Bold came out, I saw a few add on batteries that increased the thickness of the iPhone uniformly (of necessity, I imagine, since the iPhone can't be opened to accommodate a larger battery... (snicker)). Adding thickness uniformly is a better solution, IMHO.
    01-09-09 01:46 PM
    <snip>Although it is easier to just drop it into the pod, it's not exactly hard to plug it in via usb easier.

<snip>
    Your photo is not of the Bold's Pod. You've showed the Curve's pod.

Having the phone supported by the Bold's Pod, so that it's standing nearly vertical and very legible, is a real benefit for me over simply using the side USB port and having the phone laying on my desk. Another benefit is having a bedside mode display.
    01-10-09 11:02 PM
    I know it's not the same one, but it's essentially the same thing...

Do you not sleep well? What are you doing looking at your phone clock in the middle of the night? I set my alarm, lay it down and go to sleep.

I'll buy you an alarm clock for Christmas next year and then you can get rid of your cradle
    01-11-09 06:43 AM
    I hate to admit it because I really need better battery life, but I the Sedio 3500 battery cover makes the Bold look fugly. I saw one in person yesterday.

I bought an extended battery for my 8800 that required a different back of the same stripe: bulged out along the lines of the battery for a strange boxy appearance. I really regretted it. Though it would still fit in the case (though VERY snugly), it would not sit flat on a table, slid everywhere in the car, etc.
    People should do what i did... Buy an extra standard battery... Just swap it when the battery gets low. Hence i have double battery life without bulking up and adding that ugly back and hardly any extra weight. It fits perfectly in my Piel Frama case too

Leather case for BlackBerry Bold 9000
    01-11-09 07:15 AM
    Who wants to charge and carry two batteries though? What a pain in the ***! I can almost guarantee I would lose the extra battery in a week.

Honestly, you guys are making way more of a big deal about the back of the phone than it really is. 99% of the time, you're looking at the front of the phone anyway. It's subjective, but it looks fine to me. It does make it heavier though.
    01-11-09 07:31 PM
    Have you used the charging pod? Those of us who have it, love it. So much easier and faster than plugging, and no wear and tear on the usb connection, and yah it's a clock and an alarm - and like the clock beside your bed, it needs to be upright to be seen and used properly.

It's just another way to use and love the Bold.
    01-11-09 07:50 PM
    The phone is easier to grip and type with the extended battery in place. I use the Seidio Spring Holster with it. I felt like switching back to the OEM battery for my bold today and after using it since 8am this morning after 8hrs and 20mins I only have 10% battery life left. I just used my bold like a do normally everyday and with the extended battery It normally last 2 if not 3 days. I do not mind that it makes the phone thicker.
    01-12-09 05:23 PM
    I finish the day with 50% left. That's pretty impressive as I talk a lot.
    01-12-09 11:13 PM
    Have you used the charging pod? Those of us who have it, love it. So much easier and faster than plugging, and no wear and tear on the usb connection, and yah it's a clock and an alarm - and like the clock beside your bed, it needs to be upright to be seen and used properly.

It's just another way to use and love the Bold.

Is the charging pod called the "Desk Charger Power Station"?
    01-13-09 12:58 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD