01-13-09 12:58 AM
60 123
tools
    Wow that thing is hideous. I honestly don't have problems with my battery life. If I'm in school surfing the web the whole time and not paying attention to the teacher I'm usually at half on the car ride home. I just plug it into my car charger. Guess this is good if you don't have access to a charger but I would probably just buy a spare regular and carry it with me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 01:46 AM
    oh heelll no, that is indeed ugly and big, it's not just extra junk in the truck, it's an extra monster truck in the trunk. I guess if you need the extra juice you'll have to put up with it.
    12-06-08 06:21 AM
    I purchased the battery and the holster and noticed my phone would freeze up randomly about 5 times throught the day. im not sure if its the battery or holster causng this issue, but when i remove the phone from the holster, it would show a blackscreen with a solid red light. i would physically have to remove the cover and pull out the battery/put it back in to get my phone working again. after replacing it with the normal one, i never had that problem. are you guys having the same issues??
    12-06-08 11:49 AM
    oh heelll no, that is indeed ugly and big, it's not just extra junk in the truck, it's an extra monster truck in the trunk. I guess if you need the extra juice you'll have to put up with it.
    Lol. Very hideous.

12-06-08 11:49 AM
    whats autostandby ??

Man, that's ugly, I'd rather charge it every day. I get great battery life by using autostandby and not leaving wifi on when I'm not browsing - enough for a busy day of music, sat nav, texting/emails, calls and browsing.

12-06-08 04:57 PM
    How much was the extended battery?

And generally, what does an OEM battery cost? And I assume you'll need some sort of charger for the spare battery. What is the cost on that?

I'm not a fan of having to charge and tote a second battery.
    12-06-08 05:05 PM
    whats autostandby ??
    it's an app that helps with battery life by putting your phone into standby mode after your backlight dims out (you can manually adjust this time from 1sec-60secs). You can also choose to have it do the keypad lock/standby feature which prevents your screen from lighting up if you bump a key while your phone is in standby. I had some issues with the app when I first got it because the instructions that came with the app ABSOLUTELY SUCKED!! In order for autostandby to work properly you HAVE TO MAKE SURE you've exited any apps you're using (i.e. log out of myspace if you check it or exit completely out of media center if you're looking at pics/vids/audio) or autostandby won't kick in. This is because in the options section you can tell the app not to go into standby while you are using your apps. It's just hard to remember that when you hit the "red" end button, you don't actually end the app you're in...it's still running in the back ground unless you actually hit the menu button and end the app.

Oh, BTW, you can manually put your phone into standby but holding the mute button (on top of the bold) for 2 seconds. And you push and hold again for 2 seconds to come out of standby.
    12-06-08 07:47 PM
    After using this battery for 6 days I only had to charge it twice. I have done a lot of web surfing and playing games and email and aim. I feel that this battery definitely has twice if no more battery life then the OEM battery
    12-10-08 09:22 AM
    oooooops ! sorry dude hate the way it looks very ugly ......
    12-10-08 10:12 AM
    Man, that's ugly, I'd rather charge it every day. I get great battery life by using autostandby and not leaving wifi on when I'm not browsing - enough for a busy day of music, sat nav, texting/emails, calls and browsing.

I second that!! I would have to get LOTS of extra battery life to add that backpack to my BOLD.
    12-16-08 12:59 PM
    I bought one as well, very happy with it so far. I got about 5 days out of it, whereas I usually get 2-2.5 out of the standard battery. However, the documentation states that it will improve in battery life after 5-6 full charges, so in a month or so I'll post a quick follow-up review to see if that's really happened.

It adds some weight but a comfortable amount, i actually like the rubbery back instead of the fake leather one that comes with the Bold.
    12-16-08 04:06 PM
    So in theory if I have to charge twice a day I'd be able to get a full days use with this batter?
    12-16-08 05:09 PM
    Do they make a case to fit with that large battery?
    12-16-08 09:18 PM

How do you do autostandby?

12-16-08 10:07 PM
    So in theory if I have to charge twice a day I'd be able to get a full days use with this batter?
    In theory, it should be a bit longer (I think the standard battery is 1350 mAh and this is 3500, so it should be about 2.5x the juice).

Not sure why you're charging it twice a day, maybe disable Wi-Fi or make sure to actually close/exit apps when done with them instead of pressing "end" to go to the home screen... you can also try purchasing AutoStandby, it might help a bit.
    12-16-08 10:21 PM
    Discovered that Seidio does offer a expandable leather case, and both of their clip holsters work with the larger battery. The 3.5 Amp Hours battery capacity is great if carrying along additional batteries and/or a charger/cable is inconvenient.

For those that are using the larger battery, does the thicker 9000 feel better in the hand?
    12-17-08 08:37 PM
    what have you done to ur phonee???? is it pregnant????? if it is, im happy for you..
    12-17-08 11:33 PM
    In theory, it should be a bit longer (I think the standard battery is 1350 mAh and this is 3500, so it should be about 2.5x the juice).

Not sure why you're charging it twice a day, maybe disable Wi-Fi or make sure to actually close/exit apps when done with them instead of pressing "end" to go to the home screen... you can also try purchasing AutoStandby, it might help a bit.
    I don't use wifi and I leave no apps running in the background; I'm just a power user.
    12-17-08 11:48 PM
    I just ordered one tonight. I got tired of running this thing dead after 12 hours. I use it quite a bit and don't want to carry two batteries. I don't care what it looks like as it's a phone and not a fashion accessory for me.

I do have a question about the extended rear cover... Does it interfere with the camera?
    01-02-09 12:52 AM
    Do they make a case to fit with that large battery?
    Yes they do. Their Spring-Clip Holster will hold the Bold with the 3500mAh extended battery because it faces inward instead of facing outward. It says so on their website (seidioonline.com).
    01-02-09 01:13 AM
    For those that own the BB Charging Pod for the Bold, does the thicker battery cover of the Seidio 3500mAh battery prevent the use of the charging pod?
    01-08-09 04:16 PM
    Charging pod cannot be used.

And while I do use the Seidio spring-clip holder and love it, I am not going for the double-wide. Need my pod to work and have never run through a battery in a day anyway.
    01-08-09 07:15 PM
    I've got the seido which is only +15% of battery life.
    and its exactly same size as oem battery.

was working just great until i upgraded from .162 to .217 now my battery is dying at 6pm.
    I downgraded to .190 and same thing.

so im gonna go back down to .162 to see if its still good.

dos anyone know if theres any difference between loading a new OS with a formt before, or is it the same as just doing it through desktop manager??
    (i always use desktop manager)
    01-08-09 07:36 PM
    Charging pod cannot be used.<snip>
    Thanks. That pretty much eliminates the 3500mAh battery for me (at least for the time being).
    Last edited by MusicLaw; 01-09-09 at 01:49 AM.
    01-09-09 01:40 AM
    charging pod + bedside mode + alarmclock is a must for me i cant live without it now
    01-09-09 02:18 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD