just got the extended battery for my storm. first impression is the plastic back??! not sure how sturdy that will be. also, I have a business card folded up under the oem metal case to increase sensitivity of the screen, not nearly as effective with the extended plastic case. battery life is greatly improved though. i listen to podcasts, and slacker aallll day, as well as talk, and web throughout. was going through the oem battery by 3pm daily. this one was at 50% at 9 pm. one other concern is that i cannot use my hard case with the extended battery. any thoughts?? anyone had good luck with the smaller oem size extended battery? just saw the external battery charger is available, am wondering if i should buy that with the other extended battery so i can still use my hard case ( i am pretty hard on phones)
    02-17-09 11:46 PM
    I also use the 2600mAh battery in my Storm. Seidio also makes an extended hard case for this batt. option, which I use on my Storm. They also make a leather holster for this combination, which is very nice by the way and also supports the BB sleeper function.
    05-15-09 09:34 PM
    welcome to crackberry to the both of you... i got the seidio 2600mAh extended battery for storm and the plastic back cover keep on breaking on me so i just took it and then i sold it on ebay for $60 bucks but dnt get me wrong its a great battery
    05-16-09 07:00 AM
    Was just browsing around and saw this topic.

I have a 8350i (Nextel) with the Seidio Extended 2600mAh and Cheaply made plastic back cover.

I had the cover fall off 5 times by slightly bumping into things while carrying it on my belt in the plastic OEM clip / belt holder. The 6th Time I lost the Seidio back cover for good this 6th time. Seidio was kind enough to send me a free replacement cover. The new one they sent me was worse then the original cover.. You just blow on the cover or touch it and it falls off the phone. It doesnt seem to clip / lock properly inside the back locking mechanism on the BB well enough to be securely locked.

To keep the extended cover in place you will need to place paper underneath the cover and also TAPE the Cover Closed to prevent from losing your $60 investment. Taping it closed makes the BB look like crap.

Today I sent both the replacement cover back and the 2600 battery back to Seidio and am exchanging it for the 1600mAh that will fit inside the OEM BB back battery cover that originally came with my BB. I will then place the BB inside the Otterbox and live happily ever after.

If you are active and run around alot outside be careful using the Seidio extended cover as it does fall off ALOT ! It seems to be made in China and looks like it cost 2 cents to make.

As for the battery ... it is awesome.. 3 .. 4 days without a charge ..

Too bad the battery cant stay inside the BB since the extended battery cover falls off every time it gets bumped into.
    06-01-09 11:55 PM
    i got a spare i use when i got a new storm it not a ext. tho
    06-02-09 12:02 AM
    Been using the extended battery with the innocase for well over a month now and I could not be happier. I even placed another order with Seidio yesterday to get the innocase 360 and leather pouch
    06-04-09 08:04 AM
    just got the extended battery for my storm. first impression is the plastic back??! not sure how sturdy that will be. also, I have a business card folded up under the oem metal case to increase sensitivity of the screen, not nearly as effective with the extended plastic case. battery life is greatly improved though. i listen to podcasts, and slacker aallll day, as well as talk, and web throughout. was going through the oem battery by 3pm daily. this one was at 50% at 9 pm. one other concern is that i cannot use my hard case with the extended battery. any thoughts?? anyone had good luck with the smaller oem size extended battery? just saw the external battery charger is available, am wondering if i should buy that with the other extended battery so i can still use my hard case ( i am pretty hard on phones)
    Was just browsing around and saw this topic.

I have a 8350i (Nextel) with the Seidio Extended 2600mAh and Cheaply made plastic back cover.

I had the cover fall off 5 times by slightly bumping into things while carrying it on my belt in the plastic OEM clip / belt holder. The 6th Time I lost the Seidio back cover for good this 6th time. Seidio was kind enough to send me a free replacement cover. The new one they sent me was worse then the original cover.. You just blow on the cover or touch it and it falls off the phone. It doesnt seem to clip / lock properly inside the back locking mechanism on the BB well enough to be securely locked.

To keep the extended cover in place you will need to place paper underneath the cover and also TAPE the Cover Closed to prevent from losing your $60 investment. Taping it closed makes the BB look like crap.

Today I sent both the replacement cover back and the 2600 battery back to Seidio and am exchanging it for the 1600mAh that will fit inside the OEM BB back battery cover that originally came with my BB. I will then place the BB inside the Otterbox and live happily ever after.

If you are active and run around alot outside be careful using the Seidio extended cover as it does fall off ALOT ! It seems to be made in China and looks like it cost 2 cents to make.

As for the battery ... it is awesome.. 3 .. 4 days without a charge ..

Too bad the battery cant stay inside the BB since the extended battery cover falls off every time it gets bumped into.
    Hello,

To confirm, yes we do make the extended case for your storm and it is sold right here on crackberry! http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-in...medium=content

To clarify, the Storm battery door and the 8350i Curve door are very different in terms of fitment. Because they are not using the locking mechanism, and even the 8350i OEM door sometimes have a hard time staying on. The Storm uses two spring loaded clips, and should have no problem staying on.
    06-04-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD