Arrived in Saturday's post and charged for 9 hours that night.

I'm a little disappointed that the new battery cover is plastic. It has a rubberized feel on its exterior side and fits snug enough, but extends beyond the original metal cover on all edges. The new edges are rounded, so I don't expect a new snag hazard.

The extension is slightly more the the width of 2 US quarters. My last Sphone was a MotoQ and I used a Seidio extended battery with it, so I'm used to bulge.

My standard usage drained the OEM battery almost every day. If I was careful, the battery gave out just before lights out. Yesterday, I purposely increased the load by playing a couple of full length movies, playing some music (mp3's), doing a lot of surfing with Opera Mini and the BB browser, social networking, email and downloading several good sized podcasts, audio and video, directly to the Storm. At the end of the day the battery level was at 50%. Since it was Sunday, business use was lower then weekdays.

The lit. from Seidio claims 'Performance will increase after 5-6 full charges.", so we'll see.
    01-19-09 02:54 PM
    niice .... keep us updated
    01-19-09 03:16 PM
    Thank you so much for the info and pic! My stock battery is horrible and I was about to order an OEM replacement, I will definitely go with this option now!
    01-19-09 03:20 PM
    Mine arrived Friday. I first had the opportunity to use it yesterday morning. It can ~ 50% charged & I had not charged it until this moring. I kept it on the charger for 6-7 hrs & it seemed to quit charging @ 95%. I didn't want to wait any longer as I needed to get on the road. The phone is definately heavier w/ it, but who cares. The phone also has a "nice tilt to it" like a raised computer keyboard when placed on a level surface. The plastic cover feels a little slippery when holding the Storm, but it still fits in my hand OK.

I can sqeeze it into the leather belt case that swivels that VZN sells; however, it's a tight fit. I can't fit it into the "pocket pouch" that VZN also sells. BTW - I found it humorous that it also fits into an old VZN XV6500 PDA leather pocket case that I had laying around here.
    01-19-09 03:38 PM
    Wait, so the backing stickes out? The battery doesn't fit? I'm a little confused.
    01-19-09 04:05 PM
    Nevermind. I see what they did. Schit. I don't want to add more bulk to the phone as I'm a pocket guy. But the battery life is pretty bad if you use the phone at all. Decisions.
    01-19-09 04:15 PM
    Nevermind. I see what they did. Schit. I don't want to add more bulk to the phone as I'm a pocket guy. But the battery life is pretty bad if you use the phone at all. Decisions.
    Yeah. I go from pocket to holster as the situation changes and the new battery makes it kinda' thick in pocket. In coat or shirt, not to bad. The ruler pocket of carpenter's jeans also works. But, in hip pocket its annoying. I use a Bodyglove universal holster on belt when I have to and that works well.
    01-19-09 04:30 PM
    Mine arrived Friday. I first had the opportunity to use it yesterday morning. It can ~ 50% charged & I had not charged it until this moring. I kept it on the charger for 6-7 hrs & it seemed to quit charging @ 95%. I didn't want to wait any longer as I needed to get on the road. The phone is definately heavier w/ it, but who cares. The phone also has a "nice tilt to it" like a raised computer keyboard when placed on a level surface. The plastic cover feels a little slippery when holding the Storm, but it still fits in my hand OK.
    Hopefully, it'll open up with a couple more charges.

I've noticed the slippery feel, but one the other hand the extention makes a nice grip. The original sure felt nice though; wish they'd kept that texture. Wonder how much it would cost?

I like the tilt idea, it could be spun as a feature. But, mine won't stay tilted. Bummer, that.
    01-19-09 04:39 PM
    I am disappointed with SEIDIO's cover as mine cracked in the lower part where it locks the door. the crack will continue to expand as it is being open/close for battery pull. I have contacted SEIDIO over the past week and did not receive any response about my inquiry for a replacement.
    01-21-09 12:55 AM
    I have this battery and like it so far. The only trouble is that it won't fit in my charging pod now. I will have to get over it. Also the new storm otterbox was announced a day or two after I got the battery. I want that otterbox due to my line of work. Not sure what I will do.
    01-21-09 04:16 PM
    I am disappointed with SEIDIO's cover as mine cracked in the lower part where it locks the door. the crack will continue to expand as it is being open/close for battery pull. I have contacted SEIDIO over the past week and did not receive any response about my inquiry for a replacement.
    of course not..they got your money
    01-21-09 05:43 PM
    NYJeff,

I do apologize for the issues you're having. Most emails are answered within 48 hours, except for weekends and holidays. There is also the possibility that your email simply didn't make it. Please either call our customer service department directly (832-204-1118), or email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Thanks,
    01-22-09 09:38 AM
    of course not..they got your money
    Actually, nothing could be farther from the truth. As many Crackberry addicts can tell you, customer service is one of our core business practices. We constantly strive for excellence in this area, which includes our presence here in these forums.

Thanks,
    01-22-09 09:44 AM
    i hope so.

do you guys plan on making a different backing?
    01-22-09 10:20 AM
    Mine is in the mail now. I hope to see it b4 the wkend, I hope someone will post a complete performance review for that batt. in the storm. It may cost half my chk, but I will be able to keep in touch and multi-task b4 losing all contact when the phone goes dead.
    01-23-09 12:08 AM
    Hmmm, your picture seems to make it appear much more slim then what they have on the website. I was hesitant to buy this product at first due to bulk, but from your picture it really does not look too bad. Thanks for the post and picture.
    01-23-09 04:49 AM
    Got my Batt. today. I isn't that biggggg. It looks just like the standard, just a couple of mm thicker. I am chargin it now, however the cover that comes with it, is plastic like someone else said. It really feels good to me, better than the orig. it makes the phone look a little more thick. The batt. has a good weight to it, making your storm feel well worth having and not cheap.
    01-23-09 08:11 PM
    Just got my battery and cover yesterday. Charged and running now. Will wait and see how long the battery lasts.

I use a sleeve cover and I just modified it a little by cutting the back of the sleeve to fit the protruding part of the battery cover. It works fine for me. The battery cover really isn't that large. I carry my phone in my pocket and really don't notice that much of a change.

Last edited by satalite; 01-30-09 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Picture
    01-30-09 12:31 PM
    Loving the battery and actually like how it feels in landscape mode to text. I got something to hold onto now. I bought the full casing invisible shield and have retro fitted covering the entire back of the Seidio battery door. Finally got a solid grip to the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 12:57 PM
    This problem has been well covered in the forums. This is to document my present experience.

The battery has performed excellently. But, my 3rd cover has once again broken the tiny plastic tabs which hold the top of the cover to the phone.

Even with QuickPull and MeterBerry, I found that if I allow the memory to drop too low I have to do a physical battery pull to get a clean reboot. Each time the cover is removed, I would expect these flimsy tabs to be weakened until the slightest shock over stresses them. The need for regular physical battery pulls has kept me from ordering a skin or Innocase for extra protection.

A small metal bracket with three tabs (as opposed to the present two) riveted to the top of the lid should improve durability considerably.

I have contacted Seidio and submitted a RMA form even though my original purchase was in January with the hope that they will continue to be helpful with a continuing issue.

This has long ago become annoying.
    07-06-09 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD