01-07-10 01:30 PM
123 ... 345
tools
    Well, perhaps a picture of your scratched cover would illustrate a better visual of how bad those scratches are that you are referring to. I haven't had any issues with surface scratches or inappopriate blemishes yet.

Inherently, I think that the rubberized/plastic finish of the battery door AND the similarly finished back chassis of the Tour itself, makes it more vulnerable to visible scratches than the previous models that utilized the hard smooth plastic finishes or even the Bold's pleather vinyl. It only makes sense, however, for Seidio to retain the same rubberized blend finish for it's door to match that of the chassis.

If you are digging your battery performance now, after only 1 full day of use, you'll be infatuated with it after the first few weeks of use after the lithium cell burns itself in properly for maximum capacity use.

My previous 2600 battery grew into it's own after about a month of use.

No company is perfect...and perhaps Seidio could have taken more time to design a better quality door, but Seidio does make TOP SHELF accessories and despite this isolated scenerio, I don't want to paint a negative image on an otherwise great company to deal with.
    09-18-09 10:18 AM
    Well, perhaps a picture of your scratched cover would illustrate a better visual of how bad those scratches are that you are referring to. I haven't had any issues with surface scratches or inappopriate blemishes yet.

Inherently, I think that the rubberized/plastic finish of the battery door AND the similarly finished back chassis of the Tour itself, makes it more vulnerable to visible scratches than the previous models that utilized the hard smooth plastic finishes or even the Bold's pleather vinyl. It only makes sense, however, for Seidio to retain the same rubberized blend finish for it's door to match that of the chassis.

If you are digging your battery performance now, after only 1 full day of use, you'll be infatuated with it after the first few weeks of use after the lithium cell burns itself in properly for maximum capacity use.

My previous 2600 battery grew into it's own after about a month of use.

No company is perfect...and perhaps Seidio could have taken more time to design a better quality door, but Seidio does make TOP SHELF accessories and despite this isolated scenerio, I don't want to paint a negative image on an otherwise great company to deal with.
    I by there case though when it comes out for there battery, so the problems I'm having with it should be covered up then by that case....

yeah I'm really really impressed by the battery though, that thing is powerful man! I'm running on 6 hours so far and I'm still at 95% left and I did a lot of e-mailing and texting so far today...this is crazy! I love that!

you said the battery will only continue to get better over the next couple weeks??? Thats insane how good this battery is though. With your past batterys from Seidio, did they ever loose there charge faster as it gets older??

P.S... I see ur from cleveland as well...which part of town?
    09-18-09 01:04 PM
    Yes, the battery WILL grow into it's full potential in the next couple of weeks.

Yes, ultimately, the extended battery WILL gradually lose it's capacity gradually after the first 15-18 months, but it will be very gradual. Not dramatic.

The japanese cells that they use for the majority of their batteries are very good quality.

I live Downtown.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 03:25 PM
    so after 17 hours so far and heavy heavy texting and e-mailing and internet use a long with playing slacker...I still have 85% of the battery left!!! thats only after night of charging! I could never ever get that out of my factory battery at all!

I'm extreamly shocked at how good this battery life is! I mean 17 hours and I still have 85% of the battery left?? thats unheard of for me!
    09-18-09 09:57 PM
    often times in life, people want what you dont, and thats perfectly okay.. suffice it to say, i'd still like to see it what the battery looks like in the unit with the door off.

if he doesnt want to post it i'm cool with that, my life wont end.

cheers
    Ya know what, if someone else doesn't, when I get mine, I'll do that for you just because you put up with my crap lol. I wasn't trying to insult you or anything I was just curious why and I probably was a bit obnoxious in my manner when I went back and read what I wrote again. Sorry if I offended you or anything like that.
    09-19-09 12:13 AM
    Ok, here are the pictures that I promised. I hope that you didn't need any images of the battery while it was OUT of the Tour, as I wasn't really in the mood for an actual battery pull at the time.

Hope these images help. Is there an element of this battery or cover that is keeping you on the fence when deciding whether or not to get one? Just curious. My only pre-purchase concern was how much it was going to extend out from the rear of the phone and in what profiling manner it was going to use, visually. The back door and the dimension profiling on Seidio's extended battery for the Curve is very eye damaging. As you can probably confirm from my pictures in this thread, the model for the Tour avoid those shortcomings.
    Last edited by Mthr1; 09-20-09 at 08:42 AM.
    09-20-09 12:11 AM
    Thanks for posting those up Mthr1. You have a very good digital camera it appears.
    09-20-09 12:38 AM
    Thanks, I mainly wanted to see how far out of the body it protrudes, and how they designed the back molding.
    I have a curve with the 2600 battery, and was holding out on getting a tour with all the negatives being posted on the forums, and waited for thr 2600 to come out for the tour. By now the kinks seem to be ironing out, and now with the release of the battery, I may go get one at the end of this month.

I'm a tech geek, and wanted to see what it looked like inside thanks for your time.

Cheers
    09-20-09 03:33 AM
    Thanks for posting those up Mthr1. You have a very good digital camera it appears.
    No sweat. Happy to help. I used my wife's Tour to take all the pictures in this thread.

LOL, j/k. Actually, I used a Nikon D90 dSLR for all my images.

Thanks, I mainly wanted to see how far out of the body it protrudes, and how they designed the back molding.
    I have a curve with the 2600 battery, and was holding out on getting a tour with all the negatives being posted on the forums, and waited for thr 2600 to come out for the tour. By now the kinks seem to be ironing out, and now with the release of the battery, I may go get one at the end of this month.

I'm a tech geek, and wanted to see what it looked like inside thanks for your time.

Cheers
    I, too, was waiting for the release of the Seidio battery before jumping in on a new Tour. That plan changed, however, when I decided to take advantage of Verion's B1G1 campaign. With it's online discounts and my own available discounts, the idea of getting two new Tours for $49 shipped next day was too alluring to pass up.

Both of my shipped units were greed dot Tours and I have not had any of the major issues that plagued a lot of the early batches....except one. My signal strength continues to be all over the place at times, particularly data. I haven't had any dropped calls yet or any issues with the voice side, but my data can hop in and out of 3G and sometimes even EVDO while standing in one place. Frustrating to some extent, but it does remain functional for the most part. I'm banking on the fact that a near future OS revision will rectify that issue.

Good luck with your purchase.
    Last edited by Mthr1; 09-20-09 at 08:51 AM.
    09-20-09 08:49 AM
    I'm hearing from other topics that this battery can fit in the OEM cradle. Is this true?

09-20-09 05:22 PM
    I'm hearing from other topics that this battery can fit in the OEM cradle. Is this true?

yup, your correct. It does. I use it everyday so far, fits perfactly
    09-20-09 05:44 PM
    we are estimating 2-3 weeks from now, but we will do our best to get it out earlier.

Seidio
    Seidio, any word on the backs/cases for the 2600 extended battery?
    09-30-09 06:39 PM
    I would love to see a pic of the back of the tour when sitting in the oem charging pod. It just looks to me like the two fins on the sides of the bottom of the door would prevent the contacts from sitting flush on the charging contacts.
    10-02-09 12:56 PM
    I would love to see a pic of the back of the tour when sitting in the oem charging pod. It just looks to me like the two fins on the sides of the bottom of the door would prevent the contacts from sitting flush on the charging contacts.
    The Tour with the Seidio Extended battery docks perfectly (and effortlessly for that matter, despite initial comments that the fit was tight) in the RIM OEM charging dock. Requires no more effort than setting the device in the dock, same as you would a 9630 without the battery.

Nonetheless, I have taken the liberty of taking a few quick photos for your review. I hope this helps. Please excuse the over-exaggeration of dust, as photographic flash has a tendency of emphasizing their presence.

Front view.

Side view.

Back view.

I know Seidio has recently released their own desktop charging dock, however, if you don't utilize any of Seidio's Innocase Surfaces, you can save yourself a few bucks and just getting a bulk OEM pack of RIM's own dock. I got mine at Amazon for $10 a while back.
    10-03-09 12:04 AM
    My Palm had a charging cradle which charged an extra battery in addition to charging the phone. Does anyone know if something like this is available for the Tour?
    10-03-09 08:01 PM
    I was wondering the same thing Berry lol.

Well I finally got my 2600 MAh Battery and charging pod Monday of this week. What I really liked was my Tour WITH the new battery installed and door on actually fit in my old holster. I have a leather one that I really like and it fit in there very well. It was tight the first day and it loosened up over night with the phone in it. Don't ask me how that happened I have no idea but it fits like a glove now.

I am doing the exact same thing that Mthr1 is doing with the extended battery and cradle. They work flawlessly as long as you use a standard AC charger in the wall instead of trying to charge through your computer with it. (Makes sense because the computer connection is not necessarily for charging this thing as much as connecting to do backups, etc...)

Anyway, I do NOT have to jam it down in there and it is not a "Tight" fit to get it to start charging.

Just my two cents worth
    Last edited by gmkahuna; 10-21-09 at 07:40 PM.
    10-21-09 07:37 PM
    I just got my battery today and it does NOT work with my OEM charging pod. I don't know why. It fits fine but just won't charge. Works fine with regular batteries. Not a big deal. I posted about this on an the Tour board and someone lashed out at me insinuating I was either stupid or a liar. I'm neither. My guess is the crappy battery door. Some allow the pod and contacts to make contact and apparently some don't. It's not a big deal but I wanted to make you aware this battery doesn't always work in OEM pods.

On the plus side the silcone skin/case I was using still fits perfectly!
    Like I told you in the other thread. If you have a bad battery door, call seidio up and have you send you out another door. All you simply have to do is send back your old door when the new one comes. You paid almost 60 bucks for the thing, you should have it at least charge with the dock as its suppose too.
    10-26-09 10:03 PM
    It may not be the battery door. Check to see if it is charging with the regular door on it. I have two of the chargers and one would not work because the charging contacts would not come out far enough. Did some minor adjustments to it while it was unplugged with a pair of needle nose pliers and it charges with no problem.

I'm not suggesting anyone else do this. I just wanted to see what the real problem was with mine because it wasn't charging with the standard battery door and battery either. I knew I was getting power to the charger because the light on it was lit up.

Berry, you might want to call whomever you got it from and request a replacement for it.
    10-26-09 11:02 PM
    one thing before i jump on this battery. will it fit in the blackberry silicone sleeves? thats the only cases i'll use, and if it would fit that would make this wayyyy more appealing.
    12-15-09 01:57 AM
    one thing before i jump on this battery. will it fit in the blackberry silicone sleeves? thats the only cases i'll use, and if it would fit that would make this wayyyy more appealing.
    I would also like to know .. just ordered yesterday should be here friday...
    12-15-09 04:27 PM
    awesome! i just put an order in for mine!! cant wait to get it!!!!!
    12-21-09 01:41 AM
    I just received mine today and have it charging. First impression is the battery door it's stronger then the original and fits very tight. Fits in charging pod, holster fit is a little tight hopefully it loosens up. It really doesn't add much bulk/weight at all.
    12-21-09 05:32 PM
    the battery is also sold on ebay according to Seidio the battery door has not been modified at all, exactly same door as when product was released contrary to the seidio post which claimed it was reinforced here on crackberry. I started to buy the battery but can not justify their incorrect information on a very expensive battery I have followed all information for a long while and it is my first post here on Crackberry Robu
    01-07-10 01:30 PM
123 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD