01-07-10 12:30 PM
123 ... 2345
tools
    Back cover with the new battery is "snug as a bug in a rug".

No wiggle at all, at least on mine.
    09-15-09 08:22 PM
    You must have not read my picture post. I stated that the new back cover for the extended battery fits perfectly "with zero play".

The only thing I don't really care for is the "Seidio" sticker that is used on the cover. It's as thin as a license plate registration sticker. It's stuck over the part of the latching mechanism and if you stroke your finger across it, you can feel the uneven surface that the sticker is adhered to. A more solid piece of plastic would have been nicer. I hope it doesn't peel up with time.

Cosmetically, the shiny black Seidio sticker does match the high gloss black cover surrounding the camera lens and flash.

The positives, in the end, far outpaces the few (if not just one) negative.

BTW, the battery itself IS identical to the Storm extended 2600 battery. I compared it with a colleague's Storm battery from Seidio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 08:54 PM
    OK - now - their site has a link for "Replacement Doors" - but nothing for the Tour (yet)
    09-15-09 10:02 PM
    Here's a couple of more pictures of the new battery and a couple of different angles to supplement the ones that I posted on page (5) of this thread.

The new door, imo, adds a more comfortable grip to the phone. It prompted the same feeling when I got the extended battery for my 8703e. It just feels more confidently secure in your hand when using it. The silky rubber matte finish on the door really compliments the rest of the back half chassis panel of the phone very well.

Enjoy the new images.

Lying flat on it's back, the added 1/8" doesn't rise the phone much off the surface, making it visually appealing and not an eyesore like some other model's thicker profiles. *cough* Curve *cough*

This angle always appear to make the door and phone profile look much thicker than what I assess it to be in real life.
    09-15-09 10:45 PM
    can you show some pics with the battery door off?

cheers
    09-16-09 06:56 AM
    Here's a couple of more pictures of the new battery and a couple of different angles to supplement the ones that I posted on page (5) of this thread.

The new door, imo, adds a more comfortable grip to the phone. It prompted the same feeling when I got the extended battery for my 8703e. It just feels more confidently secure in your hand when using it. The silky rubber matte finish on the door really compliments the rest of the back half chassis panel of the phone very well.

Enjoy the new images.

Lying flat on it's back, the added 1/8" doesn't rise the phone much off the surface, making it visually appealing and not an eyesore like some other model's thicker profiles. *cough* Curve *cough*

This angle always appear to make the door and phone profile look much thicker than what I assess it to be in real life.

BB Amp'd theme huh? Thats my 2nd fav aside from Pro V3
    09-16-09 06:59 AM
    Pics with the door off? Why? You can go to any store carrying the tour and see that unless you were talking about just the door itself.

Mthr1, ya got dust around your convenience key lol. Just kidding, great pics and thank you for posting them.

mhock, ya beat me to that BBamp'd comment. I agree though, Natemz is one awesome theme maker. I'm using Pro v.3 too.
    Last edited by gmkahuna; 09-16-09 at 07:05 AM.
    09-16-09 07:03 AM
    I miss having a Blackberry logo on the battery door though.
    09-16-09 09:15 AM
    Pics with the door off? Why? You can go to any store carrying the tour and see that unless you were talking about just the door itself.

Mthr1, ya got dust around your convenience key lol. Just kidding, great pics and thank you for posting them.

mhock, ya beat me to that BBamp'd comment. I agree though, Natemz is one awesome theme maker. I'm using Pro v.3 too.
    Because I'd like to see what the extended battery looks like in the unit, the door by itself along side it.
    Last I checked, when you go in the stores the phones are teathered in such a way you can't remove the battery, and they done carry the extended battery at that.

Cheers
    09-16-09 04:21 PM
    and again, what point does that serve? You can't carry the phone without the battery cover on it and what you're asking of them is something you're not going to see unless your doing a battery pull.

If they want to meet your request I have no issue with that, but it seems rather pointless to me.
    09-16-09 05:11 PM
    im getting my battery in today... i ordered one yesterday for overnight shipping.... now all we need is the case for the Tour now. Seidio told me on the phone yesterday it might take another 3 weeks before they get a case out for the extended battery.
    09-17-09 07:16 AM
    Now Available at ShopCrackBerry.com!

http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-in...medium=content
    09-17-09 08:28 AM
    im getting my battery in today... i ordered one yesterday for overnight shipping.... now all we need is the case for the Tour now. Seidio told me on the phone yesterday it might take another 3 weeks before they get a case out for the extended battery.
    we are estimating 2-3 weeks from now, but we will do our best to get it out earlier.

Seidio
    09-17-09 08:57 AM
    just got the battery and door cover just about 10 minutes ago. first thing I noticed was how cheep looking the battery cover door latch is to open up the cover. Its a spray painted silver little latch and really looks very cheep havign that spray painted like that. The battery cover door is also extreamly light and very has a good feel to it. I just dont like any spray painted parts which it has
    09-17-09 11:56 AM
    Yes, I would agree. A nicer, chrome plated look would have been more consistent with the Tour's accents.

Did the cheap, thin Seidio sticker above the door latch also leave an absence of a warm fuzzy feeling for you as well? A more solid name plate or solid embossed filler would have been much better.
    I'm surprised. My extended door for the 8703e from Seidio didn't have any of these shrotcomings.

Despite the cosmetics, the door is functional and the battery performance (the real point here) is exceptional, as expected.

09-17-09 04:26 PM
    just got mine today......do e really need to wait 8 hours for the 1st charge??lol......cant use it till i get home to charge it overnight then
    09-17-09 04:33 PM
    we are estimating 2-3 weeks from now, but we will do our best to get it out earlier.

Seidio
    That's good to hear. Hopefully you will be making extras of just the backs for your cases. So we who just received your cases can get the extended battery also.
    09-17-09 04:43 PM
    Yes, I would agree. A nicer, chrome plated look would have been more consistent with the Tour's accents.

Did the cheap, thin Seidio sticker above the door latch also leave an absence of a warm fuzzy feeling for you as well? A more solid name plate or solid embossed filler would have been much better.

Yeah, whats with the Seidio sticker on the back? I expect that thing to fall off within the next week or so That was pretty cheep of them to also just put a sticker on the battery door like that. Mines already coming off in the middle as its bubbling up. Not to sure if I just want to go a head and just peal it off because I dont know what it looks like under that sticker.

all in all, the battery door is very cheep, but its tight though when its put on. It will be nice when they get a case out for the extended battery so we can cover up this battery door.

I just hate when you spend over 60 bucks for something and you end up with spray painted parts and a sticker on the back as a name brand... thats very cheep of you Seidio and it gives me a bad taste in my mouth about wanting to buy more from you.
    09-17-09 07:27 PM
    have had my battery for 3 days and battery door is already scratched up even though im using the oem holster. I wonder what the battery door will look like in 3 weeks when the cases roll out. might need a new door by then. by the way the battery itself is wonderful.
    09-17-09 09:16 PM
    and again, what point does that serve? You can't carry the phone without the battery cover on it and what you're asking of them is something you're not going to see unless your doing a battery pull.

If they want to meet your request I have no issue with that, but it seems rather pointless to me.
    often times in life, people want what you dont, and thats perfectly okay.. suffice it to say, i'd still like to see it what the battery looks like in the unit with the door off.

if he doesnt want to post it i'm cool with that, my life wont end.

cheers
    09-18-09 03:13 AM
    yeah,,hope you can enjoy the weekend...
    09-18-09 03:19 AM
    yeah,,hope you can enjoy the weekend...
    relevance to thread? or building your post count?
    09-18-09 03:59 AM
    It almost sounds like a possible rerun of this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/se...-cover-208734/

I hope not - especially if I'm spending $17, or $18, just for the back!
    09-18-09 07:05 AM
    often times in life, people want what you dont, and thats perfectly okay.. suffice it to say, i'd still like to see it what the battery looks like in the unit with the door off.

if he doesnt want to post it i'm cool with that, my life wont end.

cheers
    I'll post some new pictures this weekend for you with the battery door off and additional views of the battery door.

It doesn't bother me, really...I would have had them posted earlier had my work schedule not been as brutal as it was this week. As you have said, everyone has their own particular reasons why they want to see something, despite how odd it may be to someone else. I understand. No need to turn this thread into a pissing contest.
    09-18-09 07:19 AM
    so I've had my battery for 1 day now... by far the best battery life I have had on any phone in my life, very pleased by that...

I'm mad becuase how easily the battery door scratches now I'm very anal about the finish of my phone and baby it, but somehow I end up with scratches on it that the verizon battery cover never got on it.

now where talking about a cheaply spray painted battery cover latch, a pealing up cheap Seidio sticker, and a bad finish on the cover itself that scratches easilywhat the hel* Seidio!!!
    09-18-09 08:17 AM
123 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD