01-07-10 12:30 PM
123 1234 ...
tools
    just ordered one.
    09-08-09 09:43 PM
    -"UP TO 3mm THICK". What does this imply? Is there a variance to the size constant somewhere? Please clarify.
    It's a production item and most manufacturers with any sense point out that items such as these although uniform in size, are never exact from piece to piece. I'd think it would not exceed 3mm but not go much under 2.95mm or thereabouts. They have allowable tolerances in machining and mold injection processes so they don't end up scraping parts that work.

I'm not saying this to be a Smart A**. You'd be surprised how many people don't think about that aspect of production work.
    09-09-09 07:05 AM
    Nice. I was expecting a "hunchback" look but that isn't bad at all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 07:24 AM
    Here are the photos that we have for your viewing enjoyment! Please let us know if you have any other questions:

We are also currently working on the Innocase Surface Extended, Innocase 360 Extended, as well as a Desktop Charging Cradle to be used with or without our cases and extended batteries on! Please stay tuned.
    Bless you Seidio, Bless you. Man I have a lot of Seidio merchandise.

09-09-09 07:32 AM
    Will this fit the cradle that is already out for the Tour?
    n1smo likes this.
    09-09-09 09:52 AM
    It's a production item and most manufacturers with any sense point out that items such as these although uniform in size, are never exact from piece to piece. I'd think it would not exceed 3mm but not go much under 2.95mm or thereabouts. They have allowable tolerances in machining and mold injection processes so they don't end up scraping parts that work.

I'm not saying this to be a Smart A**. You'd be surprised how many people don't think about that aspect of production work.
    Yes, your point would make perfect sense. Even in precision CNC cuts, there are minute levels of variances as tolerances can vary from piece to piece. I was thinking that the final production cut was not finalized yet.

Up to .118x" added with the battery and door installed is an awesome achievement. Best case...it may even be slimmer.
    09-09-09 10:00 AM
    Questions:

-Regarding your Innocase developments for this extended battery. Would this be the Innocase Surface I, such as the few that were made available for older BB devices with your extended batteries, or are you developing an Innocase Surface II for the Tour with extended battery support? Personally, I prefer the Surface II considerably more than your original Surface. My concern on this is that if a Surface II is released, then I will have to re-purchase a holster compatible with the cover. Please advise.

It will be an Innocase Surface Extended and not the Innocase Surface II because there's really no way for us to do so with the case joining in the middle of the phone. The Extended case will continued to work with our Innocase Lock Holster!

-Out of curiosity, why did the BB Bold get a 3500 mAH battery where most other BB extended batteries from Seidio are generally 2600 mAH? Not that I really like the bulk that the 3500 mah battery gave to the Bold, but just curious why deviate from the more common extended capacity with the Bold release? I'm guessing perhaps that the Bold wasn't exactly as energy efficient as the Tour or some of the other BB models?

Without boring you and everyone else with details, the Bold uses a different type of cells than the other BlackBerry, resulting in a different capacity!

-"UP TO 3mm THICK". What does this imply? Is there a variance to the size constant somewhere? Please clarify.

To clarify, the 3mm thick note meant that while the battery door will add about 3mm to the overall depth of the Tour, the tapered edge and other places will obviously be thinner.

Ok, time to order my battery. Again, thanks for the efficient response and good work on the battery design and profile.
    Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions!
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 09-09-09 at 10:22 AM.
    09-09-09 10:13 AM
    Thank you for all your responses. Yes, it has answered all my concerns in clarity.

I placed my order last night, and eagerly await it's arrival in the near future. I'm also eagerly anticipating the future release of your desktop charger/dock. That would be a tremendous convenience for all of us.
    09-09-09 11:28 AM
    please let us know if you have any other questions!
    whats your warrenty on the battery? Just worried about 2 years down the road if the battery will still keep a good charge and not drain to fast due to an older battery.
    09-09-09 11:28 AM
    Hmmm, this is very tempting... but having 4 different cases (including a recently ordered Seidio) makes it a difficult decision because I would have no or very limited use for them and I hate wasting money like that.
    Last edited by devil24; 09-09-09 at 03:05 PM.
    09-09-09 03:01 PM
    Only 2 questions for me:

1. Does the new battery door allow for the OEM charging pod to be used still?

2. Will the Tour wit hthis new battery door still fit in the OEM belt holster that came with the Tour?

Thanks!
    09-09-09 04:05 PM
    Seidio,

I forgot to ask you another question...

I know you said your working on a Extended battery cover case for the Tour.

Do you know roughly how long it will be until we can buy one to go with the battery? Weeks? months?
    09-09-09 04:41 PM
    FYI, it's started shipping too.

I doubt it will Josh based on the way the cover looks around the charging lugs on the back of the phone but they did state they were working on one a few posts back.
    09-09-09 05:20 PM
    I just placed an order for my battery, cant wait!
    09-09-09 06:44 PM
    I'm highly interested in the extended battery along with an Innocase 360, since it is in development for both products to work in conjunction with one another, how about a new color (pearl white)?

And as previously mentioned, what is the ETA for an Innocase 360+2600mAH+docking station?

Thanks for creating a product that was worth popping my crackberry cherry (always a lurker)
    09-09-09 07:17 PM
    Yes, your point would make perfect sense. Even in precision CNC cuts, there are minute levels of variances as tolerances can vary from piece to piece. I was thinking that the final production cut was not finalized yet.

Up to .118x" added with the battery and door installed is an awesome achievement. Best case...it may even be slimmer.
    It can't get much better than that all things considered. I'm just irritated that I have to wait until the end of the month to get my battery. Work is buying it and they said we had to wait because of the fiscal year close. I was devastated lol.
    09-09-09 09:17 PM
    I just recently convinced my wife to let me buy the charging dock. I could probably convince her to let me get the extended battery, but then to explain my new dock is useless and I need a new one is a stretch.

09-09-09 09:28 PM
    Seidio,

I forgot to ask you another question...

I know you said your working on a Extended battery cover case for the Tour.

Do you know roughly how long it will be until we can buy one to go with the battery? Weeks? months?
    It may need another 2-3 weeks from now for extended case

Seidio
    09-09-09 11:19 PM
    @Seidio: Now is there a case that you all sell that will fit the BB Tour with the 2600MAH Battery installed? Because I cannot walk around with my Tour Unprotected!

09-09-09 11:20 PM
    @Seidio: Now is there a case that you all sell that will fit the BB Tour with the 2600MAH Battery installed? Because I cannot walk around with my Tour Unprotected!

If you look at Seidio's post earlier in THIS thread, when they posted new updated pictures of the battery, he/she makes a comment at the end of the post stating that an Innocase Surface I and Innocase 360 EXTENDED are in development AND their reply to mjbesen310 was that these cases are 2-3 weeks out.

You must not have tracked the entire thread.
    09-09-09 11:31 PM
    Not to be mean, but please do read the whole thread. It's only three pages and only gets harder for the rest of us to read if we are having to cut through double and triple posts.

Thanks!
    09-10-09 06:14 AM
    looking for clarification on this seidio/anyone who has the battery....
    Only 2 questions for me:

1. Does the new battery door allow for the OEM charging pod to be used still?

2. Will the Tour wit hthis new battery door still fit in the OEM belt holster that came with the Tour?

Thanks!
    09-10-09 07:36 AM
    looking for clarification on this seidio/anyone who has the battery....

Well, I doubt anyone actually has their batteries yet, as Seidio has just started shipping this week.

However, given the data that Seidio has supplied in this thread, the added .118" (less that 1/8" added thickness), there should be NO problem with the Tour with the extended battery installed fitting into the stock OEM holster that came with the phone. The OEM holster starts off pretty snug for the first couple of days, then it seems to break into a more laxed fit (I prefer it stay a tighter fit).
    09-10-09 08:02 AM
    Well, I doubt anyone actually has their batteries yet, as Seidio has just started shipping this week.

However, given the data that Seidio has supplied in this thread, the added .118" (less that 1/8" added thickness), there should be NO problem with the Tour with the extended battery installed fitting into the stock OEM holster that came with the phone. The OEM holster starts off pretty snug for the first couple of days, then it seems to break into a more laxed fit (I prefer it stay a tighter fit).
    you are correct. they will fit the OEM.

I'm also wondering what there case is going to look like though for this extended battery?

will there case be like innocase 1, with a flat bottom, or will it still have a hump on the backside of the phone?
    09-10-09 08:08 AM
    I'm also wondering what there case is going to look like though for this extended battery?

will there case be like innocase 1, with a flat bottom, or will it still have a hump on the backside of the phone?
    I would guess that it will have the hump incorporated into the back cover panel. If you look at the Innocase Surface Extended that is offered for the Bold and the Curve, it is the same case.

I can't imagine why it would be any different with the Tour.
    09-10-09 11:54 AM
123 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD