10-20-09 04:37 PM
90 ... 234
tools
    Unbelievable - even with the new one - and the Innocase - I broke a tooth - probably on a battery pull!
    06-05-09 03:06 PM
    Yeap philly same thing happened to me. I've spent so much over the years with seidio that I'm really disappointed in the quality of this door. This would be my 5th door. In not ordering another since I have the innocase but nevertheless.... Its still frustrating

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 03:14 PM
    I just snapped a tab on my second cover. I'm not even going to bother getting another - what's the point. Whenever a fellow Storm owner asks me about the extended batter - I inform them of the problem with the cover and recommend that they wait until Seidio gets a decent metal cover to sell with the battery.
    06-08-09 12:20 PM
    I bought my phone from the Siedo distributor from ebay.. I know he was affliliated with you because I even called siedo to make sure that it was the same case on ebay/and battery.

I got the battery about 3 months ago and never have been disappointed with my current battery life so I figured I would jus wait until this one dies down to use the new seido battery . Now I see this thread and im a bit alarmed..Just wanted to make sure I would be able to get one of these new cases.. When I bought this I called siedo because they had a different backing on website then this seller had as their distributor and they then contacted him and he called me and said I could get the new case. This however was when the doors first came out and I have a feeling it was the boxy shaped back I was allowed to switch to the BACY26BB9530A-BK and not the B version...but I am not 100%...if need be please pm me and I can give you my ebay details since this was an authorized seller of your merchandise and I basically went through your website and calling system to assure the quality of the item .

thanks

-murph
    06-08-09 07:24 PM
    So.... it finally happened again. I have been avoiding battery pulls all together by uninstalling and re-installing things... and have been extremely gentle with the cover. Then all of a sudden... I dropped the phone onto the carpet... battery pops out and both teeth are off again... this is ridiculous.

Will Seido ever make a metal door?? I need to get the door replaced again...

I am beginning to regret ever buying this thing
    06-10-09 08:28 PM
    Had my 2600 battery and cover for only a few days and first tooth broke off...second tooth broke yesterday even though cover was taped on. Crazy...I emailed Seidio about it...hope to hear soon. will let ya know...
    06-11-09 01:23 AM
    Well - to update my previous post. The cover still has both tabs - but one will not stay in. I'm guessing (or wondering) if instead of shearing the entire took off, it chipped. Whatever - it's pretty useless without the Innocase. .
    06-11-09 09:53 AM
    Well - to update my previous post. The cover still has both tabs - but one will not stay in. I'm guessing (or wondering) if instead of shearing the entire took off, it chipped. Whatever - it's pretty useless without the Innocase. .
    I have a new one on the way...follow up question about whether there are any other cases out there for 2600 battery besides Innocase?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 01:14 PM
    I am strongly considering soldering some small metal tabs into the plastic cover... that might solve the problem entirely.
    06-15-09 08:16 PM
    ^ Or perhaps Seidio should solder on some small metal tabs on this clearly defective product.

Funny that Seidio suddenly disappeared from responding from this thread.
    06-15-09 08:27 PM
    I really wanted to buy this battery and door. I waited and read the threads and waited and checked back. It seems to me, at least from this thread, that the door is just badly designed and an extended battery isn't workable. I don;t blame Seidio for that but RIM....RIM designed the Storm and the tiny prongs for the standard cover. They seem OK for that, but knowing it's a bigg screen and data intensive they should have realized that these tiny prongs won't hold a door on an extended battery. Even if you made the tabs out of steel or whatever, I wonder if they'd get pulled out of the Storm?

Seems to me that money is possibl better spent on two more stock/standard batteries and may be a standalone charger and a couple more USB cables or AC adapters?

Shame. Seems like an opportunity for a great accessory we'd all like to have. I just don't see buying the extended battery, the extended case/skin and then a clip in holster when my Verizon Storm is so well protected in the RIM belt-clip-on holster/pouch. May be I'd love the extended case if there was a picture of it and the spring holster together but I've not been able to find it online....just the piece parts.

May be a metal door WILL solve this in time, but for now it looks to be a bad buy. Anybody really feel this is a good purchase? If I have it right I would need to go this route to be sure it'd hold up OK??:

Seidio Innocase Holster for Storm $29.95 US http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-in...medium=content
    Seidio Innocase Surface Extended Battery Case for BlackBerry Storm 9530, Storm 9500 $29.95 US
    http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-in...medium=content
    Seidio Innocell 2600mAh Extended Battery for BlackBerry Storm 9530, Storm 9500 $59.95 US

So $29.95 + $29.95 + $59.95 = $119.85 US plus shipping and I end up with something that is what??...the size of an 8703e from 4 years ago...or bigger?

I don't know....convince me if you can.
    Last edited by pwscott; 06-21-09 at 01:47 PM.
    06-21-09 01:33 PM
    I really wanted to buy this battery and door. I waited and read the threads and waited and checked back. It seems to me, at least from this thread, that the door is just badly designed and an extended battery isn't workable. I don;t blame Seidio for that but RIM....RIM designed the Storm and the tiny prongs for the standard cover. They seem OK for that, but knowing it's a bigg screen and data intensive they should have realized that these tiny prongs won't hold a door on an extended battery. Even if you made the tabs out of steel or whatever, I wonder if they'd get pulled out of the Storm?

Seems to me that money is possibl better spent on two more stock/standard batteries and may be a standalone charger and a couple more USB cables or AC adapters?

Shame. Seems like an opportunity for a great accessory we'd all like to have. I just don't see buying the extended battery, the extended case/skin and then a clip in holster when my Verizon Storm is so well protected in the RIM belt-clip-on holster/pouch. May be I'd love the extended case if there was a picture of it and the spring holster together but I've not been able to find it online....just the piece parts.

May be a metal door WILL solve this in time, but for now it looks to be a bad buy. Anybody really feel this is a good purchase? If I have it right I would need to go this route to be sure it'd hold up OK??:

Seidio Innocase Holster for Storm $29.95 US http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-in...medium=content
    Seidio Innocase Surface Extended Battery Case for BlackBerry Storm 9530, Storm 9500 $29.95 US
    Seidio Innocell 2600mAh Extended Battery for BlackBerry Storm 9530, Storm 9500 $59.95 US

So $29.95 + $29.95 + $59.95 = $119.85 US plus shipping and I end up with something that is what??...the size of an 8703e from 4 years ago...or bigger?

AGREED!! NO LONGER DO I RECOMMEND THIS BATTER TO ANYONE!!! IF THE EVER DECIDE TO MAKE A METAL DOOR FOR IT I WILL RECONSIDER!!! I AM STILL PISSED ABOUT IT AND I HAVE NOT BEEN USING THAT BATTERY FOR A COUPLE MONTHS NOW...

JUST CONVINCED BOTH OF MY PARENTS TO GET THE STORM FOR THEMSELVES... WHEN THE EXTENDED BATTERY QUESTION WAS ASKED... I SAID "DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS AWESOME BATTERY BECAUSE OF THE DOOR"
    08-19-09 01:26 AM
    I

I've gone through the original extended door and a free replacement.

I've tried all the options you listed, and the Innocase makes the unit too big, in my view (although this is the option I'm currently using).

I tried using only the back half of the Inncocase (to cover the battery opening). The Storm stayed secure in the half case, but the sharp edges on the case lip were a problem.

The spring-clip holster works fine, but I prefer the leather one.

My appeal to Seidio, if anyone from the company is reading this:

I've tried all your other options. You have my money. I want the big battery, but not the rest of the bulk from the case.

Let us buy replacement covers (even though they're fragile) at a reasonable price (say, $2.99, or 5 for $10). Then I could get a supply, and not have to fret when then system locks up and I can't even access the Quickpull option to avoid a battery pull.
    08-19-09 10:26 AM
    Hello,

We are sorry that you are having trouble with your battery cover. Is there anyway for you to take a photo of your cover? We have a new batch of Storm battery covers that should resolve the issues that you are describing. Please forward your order information to the email address below and we will be more than happy to see how we can help you!
    Hope this information helped, please let us know if you have any other questions.
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products! The ones listed on our website SKU BACY26BB9530B-BK is the most updated one with reinforced clips and tabs. The newest batch also addressed strength issue of the tabs so you shouldn't experience any problems.
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products. The "B" designation after 9530 denotes the newest design. Judging by the date that you received it, you likely have the newest batch!

Just wanted to follow up on this. Is their latest batch really an improvement, or do the battery doors still break? Have they addressed and resolved the former issue, or is it still kinda there?
    10-14-09 09:26 PM
    Hey all,

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who this has happened to.

I got the battery as soon as it came out in January - and I love it. I don't know how I'll survive without it - but I may have to.

I've already been through *3* or the flimsy back covers. I use their spring-clip holster - and the phone has come out numerous times if I have bumped into a desk, or something else. Depending on hoe it lands, it either survives, or the "teeth" that are supposed to hold it to the phone, break off.

They are at the point that they will not replace it - claiming abuse or normal wear and tear - I wanted to see if it happened to others - I believe that it's because of the workmanship, design flaw, or materials that they are using.

I actually dropped the phone outside on a parking lot with the standard batery and cover. Other that being in 3 pieces, it survived fine.

Thanks!
    had my new battery and cover for just a few weeks...the clip fell out the other night inexplicably when i pulled the thing out of my pocket
    whats the procedure for replacing this that has been most effective for people..dont really want to mail in the cover
    10-20-09 04:37 PM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD