10-20-09 03:37 PM
90 1234
tools
    I recently bought a 2300 battery on ebay, comes with a rubberized back cover, havent received it yet but im anxious to see how the battery holds up to the oem 1380 battery plus the back cover.
    i have both the one yo ubought 2300 and the 2600 the 2600 is much better from Seido
    05-01-09 09:08 AM
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products. The "B" designation after 9530 denotes the newest design. Judging by the date that you received it, you likely have the newest batch!

What is the difference in the new batch and the old batch. I to am on my third cover and this last cover i received looked exactly like the one before which has the cheap plastic tabs. The innocase would be nice but another 50 for the case and holster is a bit much considering the sping clip I currently have will not be used.
    05-01-09 09:31 AM
    Day 1 and the 2600 is impressive!! Thanks, Seidio! Does the battery need to be conditioned?
    05-01-09 02:42 PM
    So my new and improved battery cover lasted a week. Dropped it from 2 feet while still in its holster... Again the tabs broke.... Bottom line. The thing should have been made of metal and have 3 tabs not just 2.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 02:55 PM
    So my new and improved battery cover lasted a week. Dropped it from 2 feet while still in its holster... Again the tabs broke.... Bottom line. The thing should have been made of metal and have 3 tabs not just 2.....

Rican,

I'm sorry you're having problems with the extended battery door. If you'll send your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com I'll have a replacement sent out to you ASAP.

Thanks,
    05-08-09 04:55 PM
    Day 1 and the 2600 is impressive!! Thanks, Seidio! Does the battery need to be conditioned?
    Brian,

You don't need to do anything special to the battery...just enjoy it! It will reach its full stride after about 5-6 full charges.

Thanks,
    05-08-09 04:56 PM
    Yea I've been threw 2 of the back covers

05-08-09 07:18 PM
    I'm on my 2nd. They need to beef up the teeth on those things! Frustrating!
    05-10-09 01:14 PM
    I have had the same problem. One tab broke off within the first week and yesterday the other tab broke off. I just sent in for a replacement... Not sure if these doors were designed with the idea that Blackberry users often do battery pulls.... Opening and closing the door seems to wear this thing out very quickly....
    05-12-09 12:29 PM
    Rican,

I'm sorry you're having problems with the extended battery door. If you'll send your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com I'll have a replacement sent out to you ASAP.

Thanks,
    Are there any plans to revise the door, I can see that this is going to be a continuing problem until a rework is done. I am not sure it will help anyone who has to constantly send in for a replacment?

Any info would be greatly appreciated and I would love to recommend your product to other users in my company but can not do that with the current design?
    05-12-09 04:25 PM
    Well... I must say I had better luck than Rico and Philly-Sports as far as hearing back from Seidio. They responded right away and look to be sending me a replacement ASAP. The design of the door may not be the greatest, but at least the customer support was there to help quickly...
    05-12-09 04:34 PM
    Well... I must say I had better luck than Rico and Philly-Sports as far as hearing back from Seidio. They responded right away and look to be sending me a replacement ASAP. The design of the door may not be the greatest, but at least the customer support was there to help quickly...

Seel - they were very responsive the first couple times - not so the last time.

I've got the Innocase - so - it's protected - but - it's scary - this puppy still crashes - I get scared every time I need to get to the battery. . . .
    05-12-09 05:53 PM
    Seel - they were very responsive the first couple times - not so the last time.

I've got the Innocase - so - it's protected - but - it's scary - this puppy still crashes - I get scared every time I need to get to the battery. . . .
    that's not good... hopefully there were some modifications to the cover in the last month and a half since I bought it... but it appears the same in the pics.

The Innocase SHOULD NOT BE NEEDED... If it was needed, then it should have been included with the battery...
    05-12-09 06:10 PM
    that's not good... hopefully there were some modifications to the cover in the last month and a half since I bought it... but it appears the same in the pics.

The Innocase SHOULD NOT BE NEEDED... If it was needed, then it should have been included with the battery...
    exactly. plus the phone is big enough with the battery. wonder how big it is with the innocase too.......

05-12-09 06:24 PM
    I actually don't mind the size because I always get an extended battery with my phones... so I have come to expect a slightly bigger version. Although I can't wait until battery technology can catch up with the technology of the devices. I am getting tired of always having a slightly bigger Phone than the way it was suppose to be made.
    Last edited by Seel; 05-12-09 at 07:37 PM.
    05-12-09 06:32 PM
    Anyone else have experience with the "revised" doors? I'm considering buying the 2600mAh, but if the door is going to snap off on me then I'm not going to bother giving them my money. I really do need twice as much battery life as I have now, but it isn't worth it if my phone is going to feel like a cheap piece of plastic.

Edit: If this revised door still sucks as well, I might try the "new" 3000mAh ones popping up on ebay. I have serious doubts about the build quality, though.
    Last edited by c0Ld; 05-19-09 at 05:38 AM.
    05-19-09 05:36 AM
    The battery door sucks. I've been through 2 because the "teeth" keep breaking off........stick with a car charger for the stock battery
    05-19-09 08:45 AM
    I went through about 4 door and then I decided to get the extended innocase combo. It upset me pretty much that I had to purchase something else to make it work. The door sucks period. They should have see metal clips instead of the cheap plastic ones.

05-19-09 08:48 AM
    Should I avoid buying it then? I really, really want to be able to get more life out of the device without worrying about carrying and swapping a second battery..
    05-19-09 04:19 PM
    My 2600 door hasn't broken yet, but I try to be SOOOOO careful any time I have to remove it.

You might just be better of buying a regular battery and a standalone battery charger.
    05-19-09 04:33 PM
    How long have you had it? How is the 2600's battery life? I almost never do battery pulls (I just use meterberry's reset), so the cover would likely remain on for weeks at a time. I really don't want to have to carry around a second battery.
    05-19-09 04:35 PM
    If the 2600's back is really going to do nothing but **** me off, what other batteries would people recommend? I'd prefer to have an all-in-one solution. The 3000mAh batteries on ebay seem to be HUGE, and I'd prefer to not put a giant brick in my pocket. The extra couple of mm from the seido solution wouldn't bug me...unless it broke off every day.
    05-19-09 05:44 PM
    Its not worth it. If u drop it twice maximum. Ur cover is done. Then how are u gonna use it? I regret getting this battery... Then buying the seidio charger too fit it... If anything I would have goTten the smaller seidio battery. I even offered to trade seidio the big battery for there smaller one and they wouldent have it. Besides everything above. The battery is awsome. I would say if u must have it. Buy everything they have. Innocase, holster, charger.... Then you'll prolly be good.

05-19-09 09:27 PM
    How long have you had it? How is the 2600's battery life? I almost never do battery pulls (I just use meterberry's reset), so the cover would likely remain on for weeks at a time. I really don't want to have to carry around a second battery.
    I've had it just around two months. I can usually go a full 48 hours without needing a charge.

I'm considering ordering a second normal sized battery and the stand alone charger and selling my 2600.
    05-20-09 09:15 AM
    And now my door is broken. The two little tabs snapped. Seidio, you've got mail.
    06-01-09 02:12 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD