12-15-09 07:34 AM
41 12
tools
    wow that is ugly. But what choice do you have if you need double battery life.

o....it is not a quality design....

i think that there are many option of the double capacity battery, such as Mugen Power, CS , etc..
    12-14-09 12:41 AM
    I just ordered a 1600 mah extended battery from ebay for 7 bucks. Anyone have any experience with these?
    7 bucks? what is the brand name of the battery?
    12-14-09 12:47 AM
    Do you guys have a link to the 1600mah battery? I can't find it on ebay for the life of me.
    12-14-09 01:05 AM
    o....it is not a quality design....

i think that there are many option of the double capacity battery, such as Mugen Power, CS , etc..
    to top it off... is made out of plastic
    12-14-09 01:22 AM
    I bought that same battery on ebay for 7 bucks. Got it in earlier this week. I wouldn't say there is that much of a difference, maybe an extra hour or two at the most. BUT ... that hour or two has gotten me home without having to charge my battery so for me it was worth the 7 bucks.
    And to think that somepeople pay almost 50 bucks for those

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 03:45 AM
    wow that is ugly. But what choice do you have if you need double battery life.

I'd rather bring a spare battery or even a diesel power supply than show people my elephant-phone
    12-14-09 06:11 AM
    Yes, lets get a 2nd battery, then have to pull the case off the phone, change the batteries around, then wait 5 minutes for the phone to boot back up. I am laughing a little also, because I am betting some fo the same people that are in other forums saying they never have to do a battery pull are the ones changing their batteries every day.

Does it look the greatest, probably not. But for people that power use their phones, they will put up with it. Extended batteries have never looked good on any phone. I will be getting this, and while the people that want the phone to look nice are doing battery switches, or are tied to a cord, I will be talking on thru.
    12-14-09 07:14 AM
    Anyone remember back in the day having the StarTac 3000 and how the extended battery looked on the "clam shell" phone? I thought tecnology had come a long way since then -guess not!
    12-14-09 08:31 AM
    lol your storm2 transforms into Optimus Primes crotch.
    Hahaa. Oooh, poor Storm 2.
    12-14-09 08:34 AM
    I don't care how ugly it is, but I will be getting it. Unless Case-mate makes a fuel battery and case for the storm.
    12-14-09 08:36 AM
    With not many others jumping on the extended battery market - most of us (heavy users) will get this anyway. I have to admit, It adds a lot of unwanted bulk to the phone and near impossible to get someone to market a case of any kind to accomodate it. But the staying power of these are unsurpassed. I averaged 3 - 5 days on my S1 and only about 6 -8 hrs with the oem on my S2, so I'll be on the bulky, megatron, fuguly boat with those few others out there
    12-14-09 10:02 AM
    Well, if I wanted to take a Blackberry into the Boundary Waters or the Bitterroots or some other remote place for a week, I guess I'd go for it. But isn't the idea of getting that far away from a power outlet to leave the phone behind in the first place? Besides, the days when analog cell signals reached many miles into the bush are sadly long gone; only a satellite phone will do the job in such places nowadays.
    12-14-09 11:51 AM
    Well bottom line is of you don't like it don't buy it. Seidio is not going to change the design. And the only way to get more power in a battery is to make it bigger. I will be buying it, my phone is more then a toy, I use it for work also.

12-14-09 02:30 PM
    Loved my 2600 on my S1 and just as soon as the battery door is released for the S2 I will be using it again. The bulk is really not bad at all... I actually type better because of the added bulk...

12-14-09 03:15 PM
    Yes, lets get a 2nd battery, then have to pull the case off the phone, change the batteries around, then wait 5 minutes for the phone to boot back up. I am laughing a little also, because I am betting some fo the same people that are in other forums saying they never have to do a battery pull are the ones changing their batteries every day.

Does it look the greatest, probably not. But for people that power use their phones, they will put up with it. Extended batteries have never looked good on any phone. I will be getting this, and while the people that want the phone to look nice are doing battery switches, or are tied to a cord, I will be talking on thru.
    Yes, i agree with you. For extended battery, it is about the quality and function. So, design is not the main issue!
    12-15-09 02:21 AM
    wow i could never do that to my phone it looks ridiculous lol
    12-15-09 07:34 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD