Hello everyone,,,

I want to explain my problem, I ordered the Seidio Extended Battery Cover and Battery (2600mAh) and had it a short time now. The battery lasts long and I like it alot.

My problem is with the BB in the OEM case on my belt if I bump into something or even just apply pressure to the back cover it slides off with very little effort.

I lost the back cover to my BB 5 times and was lucky to find the cover and battery all 5 times until # 6 this time I lost the cover for good. The cover is made in china and probably costs like .02 cents to make. It doesnt clip properly into the locking mechanism of the BB well enough to "LOCK" it in snug enough. I purchased the battery and cover from emobileinhand a distributor for Seidio on Ebay. They were nice enough to send me a replacement cover this week for free.

I received the new cover and within one hour the cover fell off with just a touch of my finger. This replacement cover falls off even easier then the one I lost. I wrote to Seidio / emobileinhand again just now asking if I can send back the 2600 battery and cover and exchange it for the 1600 mAh battery and just use my OEM cover that came with my BB.. I know the 1600 battery wont last as long as the 2600 mAh battery but I cant be worrying about losing the back cover and battery to my blackberry every 2 seconds...

Is there anyone else out here in Crackberry land with the same problem I am having with cover retention ..???

and before you say TAPE the Cover shut . I do not think after spending $60 on a cover and battery I need to TAPE anything to hold it in place. The cover should lock in place on its own as it was made too.
    05-27-09 10:52 PM
    i agree, i also have the 2600 battery and i put a little piece of cardboard on top of the battery so it puts a little pressure on the cover so it wont come off as easy, but it does come off very easy with little to no effort and can be very frustrating
    05-27-09 10:59 PM
    i agree, i also have the 2600 battery and i put a little piece of cardboard on top of the battery so it puts a little pressure on the cover so it wont come off as easy, but it does come off very easy with little to no effort and can be very frustrating
    Thank you for your reply. I did not want to think it was just me with this problem.
    05-27-09 11:21 PM
    Mine fits pretty snugly. I wouldn't tape it, but taylor's idea of padding the inside to make it fit tighter is a good one, IMO.
    05-27-09 11:45 PM
    this was my problems with the siedio case on the regular battery. it would fall off if i bumped into anything . even if i touched it in the middle it would come off. i had 2 different 8350i phones too. they sent me a "advanced" replacement but it was same as the first one. the little clip on it is not long enough or something to hold it on. so i went back to orginal cover. i liked it too except for the mirror that sticks out , i dont think theres a need for that. i probly coulda put double sided tape in there but it would of been hard to get it off that way.
    05-27-09 11:57 PM
    For the record, mine's on an 8330. (I'm still getting used to all the separate device forums...)
    05-28-09 12:00 AM
    when did you get you BB jetski? i know when they first came out there was problems with the latch.i think they have fixed it since i have not heard of anymore issues till yours.
    05-28-09 08:07 AM
    My problem is with the BB in the OEM case on my belt if I bump into something or even just apply pressure to the back cover it slides off with very little effort.
    Hello,

I'm sorry about your experience with the battery cover, and we wanted to make sure that you are happy with your purchase!

As Casper asked, when did you get the battery cover from eMobile In Hand? The reason that I ask is because we think the problem might be the fact that you may have received one that was defective or within a bad batch.

Rest assured, that if you feel like the issue persists, please send me your contact and order information, and we will see what we can do for you as far as getting you a replacement.
    05-28-09 09:42 AM
    when did you get you BB jetski? i know when they first came out there was problems with the latch.i think they have fixed it since i have not heard of anymore issues till yours.
    I got it about one month after I joined here. So maybe have it now 2 months with the last week and half waiting for the replacement which is now useless as well.

The new replacement they just sent me is even worse then the first extended extended cover I had. You just so ever gently touch the back cover and it slips right off.. and if you dont realize it happened then kiss your $60 investment goodbye not to mention no cell calls for the rest of the day unless you have a spare battery and cover with you.

Like mentioned above by another poster, the bottom lip of the cover that "LOCKS" it into the silver / gold charging terminals on the back of the BB are way too short and do not "catch" and lock. So any little pressure or touch to the back cover it slides right off.

I wear my BB sideways in my OEM Clip, In the Holder on my belt and if you slightly lean against something the cover falls off ... and sometimes the battery stays in the phone.. and sometimes the battery falls out. The cover weighs less then a sticky note piece of paper and when it falls off you dont even notice. I had to back track my steps 6 times and the last time the cover was gone for good. Now with this NEW Replacement they sent I am NOT EVEN TRYING TO USE IT.. NO Way does it even stay on for 10 seconds.. you breath on it and it slips off. I think I will make a video and post it on You TUBE to show you how sadly made this back cover is. For $60 bucks you would think they would spend a little money and make a better fitting cover .. what good is a $60 battery when it cant be securely held in place on your phone with the cover that comes with it.

Now im back stuck using the OEM battery and cover that barely lasts me an entire day of heavy use of my BB for my necessary daily errands. While the nice 2600 extended battery sits on my shelf now collecting dust next to the piece of garbage cover that doesnt stay on unless you TAPE it and I am not taping anything to my BB .. thats just pathetic.
    05-28-09 09:42 AM
    I wear my BB sideways in my OEM Clip, In the Holder on my belt and if you slightly lean against something the cover falls off ... and sometimes the battery stays in the phone.. and sometimes the battery falls out. The cover weighs less then a sticky note piece of paper and when it falls off you dont even notice. I had to back track my steps 6 times and the last time the cover was gone for good. Now with this NEW Replacement they sent I am NOT EVEN TRYING TO USE IT.. NO Way does it even stay on for 10 seconds.. you breath on it and it slips off. I think I will make a video and post it on You TUBE to show you how sadly made this back cover is. For $60 bucks you would think they would spend a little money and make a better fitting cover .. what good is a $60 battery when it cant be securely held in place on your phone with the cover that comes with it.

Now im back stuck using the OEM battery and cover that barely lasts me an entire day of heavy use of my BB for my necessary daily errands. While the nice 2600 extended battery sits on my shelf now collecting dust next to the piece of garbage cover that doesnt stay on unless you TAPE it and I am not taping anything to my BB .. thats just pathetic.
    Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for the experience that you are having on the cover.

I spoke to my engineers and here's what I got: BlackBerry sometimes can have a wide range of tolerance acceptance when it comes to their devices (notorious with Storm click screen and screw fix). Because of that, accessories, even OEM, may not even fit entirely correct or flush. In the case of the 8350i, even the OEM doors can be slide off with relative ease with one hand on those that have a more loose locking mechanism. The wide tolerance can and will affect the fitment of the accessories, in this case, out battery covers.

I am not saying that's entirely RIM's fault, but we have sold tons of 8350i accessories and have virtually no problems like the one described by you. I apperciate you letting us know and again, I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you, but there's really nothing else that we could do.

Please contact the vendor that you purchased this from, I'm sure they will be more than happy to assist you in getting a different product or refund.
    05-29-09 04:38 PM
    Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for the experience that you are having on the cover.

I spoke to my engineers and here's what I got: BlackBerry sometimes can have a wide range of tolerance acceptance when it comes to their devices (notorious with Storm click screen and screw fix). Because of that, accessories, even OEM, may not even fit entirely correct or flush. In the case of the 8350i, even the OEM doors can be slide off with relative ease with one hand on those that have a more loose locking mechanism. The wide tolerance can and will affect the fitment of the accessories, in this case, out battery covers.

I am not saying that's entirely RIM's fault, but we have sold tons of 8350i accessories and have virtually no problems like the one described by you. I apperciate you letting us know and again, I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you, but there's really nothing else that we could do.

Please contact the vendor that you purchased this from, I'm sure they will be more than happy to assist you in getting a different product or refund.
    Thank you for your attention to my problem. I appreciate the concern and dont like to bash anyone or anything unless I have a good reason too. I spoke with emobileinhand and this was their response back to me today.

C&P

We are sorry to hear the problem persist. Although our exchange period is within 14 days from the purchase day, as one time courtesy, we will exchange it for you. Please return the battery combo to following address. We will exchange the BASI16BBX2S when we received your return package. Please let us know if you have any questions.

I asked them in my initial email after the replacement cover was bad, if I could return the extended battery and new cover they sent me and exchange it for the 1600mAh extended battery instead. This way I can use my original back cover on the BB and wont have to worry about the back cover coming off again. So hopefully by next week the problem will be resolved. I will miss the extended 2600mAh battery but I cant be checking my BB every second of the day to see if the cheaply made cover fell off again with the battery.

I will be mailing the battery and cover back this Monday morning so they may proceed with the exchange.

Thanks again... I am now off to happy hour
    Thank you for your great customer service
    05-29-09 06:12 PM
    i have had the 2600 seidio battery for a few months on the crackberry and i also have it on my htc pro. the 2600 battery does not sit snug in the battery area. i did tape the battery so it would stay in the battery cage, the cover for the most part will stay in place but if you put any pressure on it the cover will come off. the same thing happens for the seidio cover for the htc pro. the battery for the pro does not sit snug but it does not fall out as easliy as the bb 2600 battery does.
    05-31-09 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD