I'm thinking about getting a Seidio 2600 Extended Battery for my Bold 9650.

I recall reading that it will not fit the leather holster I have, and will probably need a Seidio Spring Clip Holster. Does this type of holster have a magnet and uses the magnetic standby features like other BlackBerry cases?

I also wanted to know if it my phone will be able to still use my charging pods with the Seidio 2600 Extended Battery installed.
    09-07-10 05:46 PM
    Not sure about the charging pod, but the otter box defender with out the battery door works and has a magnet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 05:55 PM
    Not sure about the charging pod, but the otter box defender with out the battery door works and has a magnet

Is the case hard to take off once you put it on?
    09-07-10 05:57 PM
    Not really. Not something I would do everyday. But so far haven't needed to. I prob take it off maybe twice a week and no issues so far

09-07-10 06:00 PM
    Not really. Not something I would do everyday. But so far haven't needed to. I prob take it off maybe twice a week and no issues so far

Is this the case you're referring to?

BlackBerry Bold 9650 Defender Series Case // OtterBox.com
    09-07-10 06:05 PM
    That's it. With the big battery just don't put the door on, the back of the case holds it just fine

09-07-10 06:08 PM
    That's it. With the big battery just don't put the door on, the back of the case holds it just fine

Wow! That case looks HUGE!!! Like a Tank. I'll have to contemplate if I want something like that attached to my hip.
    09-07-10 06:10 PM

Will the Commuter Series work? The Defender series is just too big for my liking.

Commuter Series:
    BlackBerry Bold 9650 Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com

Defender Series:
    BlackBerry Bold 9650 Defender Series Case // OtterBox.com
    09-07-10 06:14 PM
    I like having my phone fit in my pocket.
    09-07-10 06:39 PM
    I have a commuter with the 2600 battery in it. I had to cut the around the battery in the rubber. Papped has pics on the 9650 cases thread here.

I can have the commuter and the ext battery so I am thrilled now! Lol

09-08-10 12:41 AM
    Looking to sell my otterbox commuter modded to work with the 2600 battery (with the battery as well) if you wanna pick them up used cheaper.

You have to use the case without the battery door, but the hard plastic holds the battery in perfect

09-08-10 01:01 AM
    The OEM charging pod works just fine with the ext battery. Not in a case of course, but with the door that comes with it you should not have a problem.

09-08-10 06:17 AM
    Looking to sell my otterbox commuter modded to work with the 2600 battery (with the battery as well) if you wanna pick them up used cheaper.

You have to use the case without the battery door, but the hard plastic holds the battery in perfect

Look at you mr. Businessman. Lol

09-08-10 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD