06-05-09 01:21 PM
55 123
tools
  1. KevinM
    I just got mine on wednesday and charged it overnight. Yesterday used it for some texting and a few calls. Lost only the first little bar all day. Battery seems pretty good so far. Is it me or is this battery heavier then the stock one? Lost no bars yet today and I'm at the Dodge dealer for an oil change so that means heavy internet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 09:03 AM
    I have had this battery for a while now, and everything was fine at first. Then, out of nowhere, my Bold died and I could not get it back up. I ended up buying a new one and swapped the batteries so I put the original battery in the dead device. All of a sudden it started working, but only long enough to allow me to change the device on the DM.

The new one, with the 1650 battery, was working OK for a few weeks and then it started shutting itself off a few times a day. After a few days, I was so pissed, and I ended up putting the original battery in again. Now everything was OK again. Still not sure if this is device-related, but it seems that both devices didn't like the other battery.
    niks,

It sounds like you're getting a bad connection between the battery terminals and the device. Please email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and I'll make sure you get a replacement.

Thanks,
    01-23-09 09:38 AM
    so i got mine on friday and so far its really turning out to be a good purchase. ive noticed that it takes longer to lose that first section of battery and i use my phone a lot. ill keep yall updated
    The people that recently bought above mentioned could you please let the rest of us know how this 'Extended Battery' is actually performing in the real world? I am seriously considering purchasing similar mAh however I'm also comtemplating this: Google>>> Blackberry 2800 mAh Extended Battery with Black Door For BlackBerry Bold. The "Seidio 3500mAh Extended Battery with Door for BlackBerry Bold 9000" is also another option but this makes your BOLD look like that fella from Notre Dame.. :-)
    01-24-09 06:44 PM
    Yeah I would really like the 3600, but I can't deal with the extended back. The phone size is perfect in my mind and do not want to make it any larger.

Same Here...I think the BOLD just fits perfectly in My hands. Hopefully the 2800mAh will suffice..
    01-24-09 06:53 PM
    wow, thats awesome, i gotta get one soon
    01-24-09 07:23 PM
  6. KevinM
    I can vouch for the 1650. Its good, like it was mentioned above, it wont blow you away but its just enough more juice! I cant stand those huge batteries with big battery doors, so this works. Today is my second charge on it and so far its only dropped one bar. Not too bad! I'll still charge it nightly but the OEM battery would be half way down by now and dropping fast!
    01-24-09 07:33 PM
    I finally jumped on the band wagon and ordered one last night from Amazon ($44.90 + SH) I cant wait to get it. The OEM battery is barely getting me thru the day.

Can anyone update with how the performance is a couple months that youve had it?
    02-23-09 01:06 AM
    how much thicker does the 2800 mAh (w/ replacement back door) make the bold? sounds pretty cool. does anyone think the case-mate smart skin will fit over this battery?
    05-16-09 09:04 AM
    anyone try the mugen 1800mAh extended battery? looks like it fits in the OEM battery cover too Buy Mugen Power Blackberry Bold 9000 1800mAh Extended Replacement Battery - HLI-9000SL - ETEN Webshop
    05-17-09 03:02 PM
    anyone try the mugen 1800mAh extended battery? looks like it fits in the OEM battery cover too Buy Mugen Power Blackberry Bold 9000 1800mAh Extended Replacement Battery - HLI-9000SL - ETEN Webshop
    That seems like the best option. Mugen has an excellent reputation. If it fits without the OEM cover Omg.
    05-17-09 03:48 PM
    do they really? its only $30. never heard of mugen power batteries. ive heard of mugen power the car parts
    05-17-09 03:52 PM
    I just ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait for it to come in.
    05-17-09 03:55 PM
    That seems like the best option. Mugen has an excellent reputation. If it fits without the OEM cover Omg.

I just ordered the Mugen battery as well to how it works out.
    05-17-09 04:01 PM
    I just ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait for it to come in.
    Tell me how you like it...i'm thinking about getting one
    05-17-09 04:02 PM
    Tell me how you like it...i'm thinking about getting one
    I will do. I have to batteries to check out now. The Seidio 1650 and the Mugen 1800. Will see which is better and let you know.
    05-17-09 04:07 PM
    I will do. I have to batteries to check out now. The Seidio 1650 and the Mugen 1800. Will see which is better and let you know.
    Oh you bought both? Rock on man, yeah definitely tell me which one is better! Though it will take 3-6 charges each to reach max potential
    05-17-09 04:10 PM
    Oh you bought both? Rock on man, yeah definitely tell me which one is better! Though it will take 3-6 charges each to reach max potential
    what do you mean? i thought li-ion batteries didnt need to be drained and recharged
    05-17-09 04:13 PM
    Great thanks man, looking forward to hearing the results i am thinking about getting the Mugen myself. Did confirm that it fits with the OEM without any additional humps like the super extended from seidio?
    05-17-09 04:26 PM
    what do you mean? i thought li-ion batteries didnt need to be drained and recharged
    This is the quote from Seidio on the forums:

Brian,

You don't need to do anything special to the battery...just enjoy it! It will reach its full stride after about 5-6 full charges.

Thanks,

What this means is that to reach full expected charge it needs to be "calibrated" for the first 6 charges... so after about 3-6 full charges (I count full as being under 10% life -> 100%) it will reach the stated expectations.
    05-17-09 04:29 PM
    Great thanks man, looking forward to hearing the results i am thinking about getting the Mugen myself. Did confirm that it fits with the OEM without any additional humps like the super extended from seidio?
    It says on the site that it fits the bold so I'm hoping there will be no issues with it. I'll post back when it comes in.
    05-17-09 04:39 PM
    I'll be looking forward to reading your comparison on these as well

05-17-09 04:41 PM
    i look forward to the mugen review it should fit in the OEM battery door no problem
    05-17-09 05:08 PM
    any notre dame themes.
    05-22-09 03:09 PM
    any notre dame themes.
    Huh? Try looking and posting that question in the theme section

05-22-09 03:15 PM
    Any update on the mugen 1800 mah battery?
    05-22-09 04:00 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD