I bought this item here and there was no instructions with it (that would be too easy) so I tried to figure out how to isntall it on my own. There was a plastic component at the end that ended up getting stuck inside my cigarette lighter in my truck!! Does anyone have any idea how to install this thing??? Moreover, I would love to get that little plastic piece out of there (it's stuck pretty good) and I know this isn't a truck forum but if anyone has any idea what to do about that that would be great as well
    [IMG]http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx213/beantown85/durango****up.jpg[/IMG]

F***in ldiot I know. Now I am looking at probably having to go to a shop and have them fix this for me somehow. I contemplated taking the dash apart but since I'm clearly too much of an ***** to do something simple like this I should probably stop where I'm at. You can see I scratched it up a little in one spot it looks worse in the picture but yea that's my screw up for the day.
    Last edited by beantown85; 04-16-10 at 01:21 PM.
    04-16-10 12:49 PM
    What mount did you buy and what "plastic piece" got stuck - where? Is that your second lighter outlet that got pushed into the dash?

What vehicle?
    04-16-10 03:47 PM
    I finally got it apart I just took the dash off in case anyone was interested. Such an ***** lol....but ya I gotta get a new one because that little circle that keeps it in place was broken so not like I got much of an option because it's gonna keep falling in there unless I buy a new one.
    04-16-10 04:16 PM
    What mount did you buy and what "plastic piece" got stuck - where? Is that your second lighter outlet that got pushed into the dash?

What vehicle?
    It was this cell phone mount thing that I got off crackberry, it didn't come with any kind of directions or anything and I ended up gettin it jammed in there. And Yea it was the second one that got pushed in. I just put this cell phoen mount thing in there that just basically holds the thing for GPS and speakerphone, stuff like that so I don't have to mess with my phone while I'm driving. The thing got stuck in tehre and I tried to wiggle it outta there basicaly the thing snapped on me and the lighter socket just fell in.

I can't find a cigarette lighter socket on ebay so I'm just gona have to get one through the dealer. I was gonna try to get one from the junk yard but I think I'm just gonna get a new one.
    04-16-10 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD