I hope you can help me. All seems to be well apart from when I remove the USB sync cable from the device, the screen on the left edge (next to where the cable is being removed from) ripples/goes lighter.
    This happens when the cable is being removed from the device, regardless of whether the cable has been removed from the computer. The screen then returns to normal when the cable has been removed.

This is the third Blackberry bold I have owned, and I have not noticed this before. Is there a fault with my device please?

I would appreciate a quick response.

Many thanks
    01-22-10 01:28 PM
    its an LCD so its pressure sensitive... make sure ur pulling the plug out instead of pulling it to the sides/front or back. Its not horrible for the screen to ripple for short sprints of time... as long as its not constant pressure to create the ripple u should be fine.
    01-22-10 02:45 PM
    on my defender case if I apply some pressure to the plug over the charger port mine will do the same thing. No big deal.
    01-22-10 04:50 PM
    happens to me when inserting a headphone cable in the jack - to make contact usually requires some gentle pressure towards the rear of the jack, which also causes some distrotion of the front LCD.
    01-22-10 06:35 PM
    Many thanks for everyone's help, I guess it's no problem then. Thanks again.
    01-23-10 12:02 AM
    Will screen ripple shorten the life of the LCD over time?
    01-23-10 08:50 AM
    Only if u look at it
    01-23-10 12:36 PM
    Do you have an LCD screen at home (either computer monitor or a laptop)? Press gently on the sides of the case and it will do the same thing. It is normal.
    01-23-10 01:19 PM
    No it will not
    01-23-10 01:24 PM
    Thanks very much guys for your help and advice.
    01-23-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD