12-22-09 03:39 AM
34 12
tools
    I just installed my BestSkinsEver on my 9700. No complaints, it was hard to do on the edges as expected but I'm glad I paid only $5 instead of $30 for Zagg.

However, I always put my phone in my jeans pocket (never with anything else that could scratch it...actually nothing at all) and it looks like the skin is a MAJOR dust bunny trap.

Has anyone else had regrets and has taken theirs off without leaving adhesive? I'm worried about that. And I'm also worried about reports of the chrome trim wearing out if I use the holster a lot -- does the same thing happen if I just have it in my pocket?

My current choices are either 1) handle my baby like a, well, real baby 2) handle it like a normal phone but have it covered in fuzz.

Don't get me wrong, I highly recommend BSE, but pockets are real dust traps!
    12-20-09 09:14 PM
    i personally just grabbed a otterbox impact series case so I can throw it in and out of my pocket without worrying about it maybe you should consider that
    12-20-09 09:18 PM
    Oh that's another thing -- I chose an "invisible" skin because I loooooooove my 9700 and can't stop staring at it. Boxing it up is like breaking my heart. haha not really, but you get the idea.

P.S. I'm normally very careful with my phones, rarely dropping/hitting them, but I'm afraid that this Bold is very brittle.
    12-20-09 09:20 PM
    Personally I have nothing on my phone (and just use the holster)... and basically I just treat it like a baby when I use it. The last thing you wanna do is damage something that valuable... and I don't think a tight jeans pocket is a place to keep the phone... to much can potentially go wrong really easily.
    12-20-09 09:21 PM
    and I don't think a tight jeans pocket is a place to keep the phone... to much can potentially go wrong really easily.
    Pockets without a doubt are the worst place to keep phones. Just today we had two threads about cracked screens due to putting it in a pocket.
    12-20-09 09:25 PM
    . Boxing it up is like breaking my heart. haha not really, but you get the idea.
    It's only a phone dude relax.
    12-20-09 09:26 PM
    I have had a Zagg invisible Shield on my 9000 for 6 months (since I got it). No lint, works great and lasts forever. They are worth the $ look on Ebay. You can get them a lot cheaper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 09:27 PM
    Yeah I know I should holster it, which ironically, I'm always afraid of "missing" and smashing my BB onto the ground. Don't know about the BB, but I've always had my old phones in my jeans and zero issues, because I subconsciously have my hand protecting it at all times.

Anyway, I just spent a considerable amount of time trying to get the damn dust off my BB, so I might just slowly peel off the BSE the same way I applied it, and use a holster from now on. The chrome trim doesn't chip too easily does it?
    12-20-09 10:10 PM
    I've been considering something similar. My phone fits in the smaller coin pocket perfectly in my jeans and my work slacks the phone is all alone. I know what you mean about putting the phone in a case though. Had the iphone before and it felt so delicate and slippery but the 9700 feels awesome.

12-20-09 10:32 PM
    I have had a Zagg invisible Shield on my 9000 for 6 months (since I got it). No lint, works great and lasts forever. They are worth the $ look on Ebay. You can get them a lot cheaper.

+1 on that.

Also what makes it worth it to me is that you can also get free replacements from them. So even when it does eventually need to be replaced (most likely several times over the length of time you keep the phone), you can simply request the replacement for your unit.

I use Zagg on all my devices. It's been a great "bang for the buck."

12-20-09 10:42 PM
    Pockets without a doubt are the worst place to keep phones. Just today we had two threads about cracked screens due to putting it in a pocket.
    Those are from back pockets. There's nothing wrong with putting your phone in your front pocket. Been doing it for 9 years =P

12-20-09 10:48 PM
    I have an IS from zagg on the screen of my 8330 with a seidio innocase.....dropped it, had it in my pocket with keys...not one problem.
    12-20-09 10:49 PM
    Do you guys have any "dust" issues with using invisible skins?
    12-20-09 11:08 PM
    Zagg is no different from BSE in my opinion. Plus those free replacements aren't free when you have to pay shipping. I just put a phantomskinz on m 9700. I will see how it works out. I do know it's less conspicuous than the first 2 I mentioned and seems to have barely any orange peel effect.
    12-20-09 11:14 PM
    Do you guys have any "dust" issues with using invisible skins?
    i'm using the case-mate cleararmor and i get dust and dirt collecting around the edges of the skin on the top lock/standby cover as well as the chrome part cover. nothing serious, though, cuz my phone is always in the 8900 leather pouch anyway.

EDIT: here are some pictures. i already wiped away a lot of the dirt but you can see where it gets trapped.
    Last edited by dLo GSR; 12-20-09 at 11:33 PM.
    12-20-09 11:19 PM
    Ya should of spent the $30 on the Zag. There much better. You get what you pay for.
    12-20-09 11:50 PM
    I used to be so paranoid about messing up my iphones screen in my pocket, not too worried about this thing. All I use when I'm out and about and its in my pocket is an OEM skin and I'm good to go

12-21-09 12:41 AM
    i'm using the case-mate cleararmor and i get dust and dirt collecting around the edges of the skin on the top lock/standby cover as well as the chrome part cover. nothing serious, though, cuz my phone is always in the 8900 leather pouch anyway.

EDIT: here are some pictures. i already wiped away a lot of the dirt but you can see where it gets trapped.
    Yup we're in the exact same boat. Damn tiny dust bunnies lining up an offensive along the edges!

Well I ended up taking the skin off everywhere except for the screen and the bottom bezel (because it was so hard to put on!). Sides and top might suffer some wear and tear but at least there won't be a convergence of dust!

P.S. BSE is the EXACT SAME as Zagg. I used to use Zagg on iPods back when it was just called InvisibleShield!
    12-21-09 01:12 AM
    I used to be so paranoid about messing up my iphones screen in my pocket, not too worried about this thing. All I use when I'm out and about and its in my pocket is an OEM skin and I'm good to go

iphone screen and BB screen are very different. the iphone is glass and much less prone to scratching than the plastic BB screen, so be careful.
    12-21-09 01:53 AM
    Ya should of spent the $30 on the Zag. There much better. You get what you pay for.
    There is no difference. I have used them both. By the way it's "they're" not there.
    12-21-09 02:42 AM
    I just installed my BestSkinsEver on my 9700. No complaints, it was hard to do on the edges as expected but I'm glad I paid only $5 instead of $30 for Zagg.

However, I always put my phone in my jeans pocket (never with anything else that could scratch it...actually nothing at all) and it looks like the skin is a MAJOR dust bunny trap.

Has anyone else had regrets and has taken theirs off without leaving adhesive? I'm worried about that. And I'm also worried about reports of the chrome trim wearing out if I use the holster a lot -- does the same thing happen if I just have it in my pocket?

My current choices are either 1) handle my baby like a, well, real baby 2) handle it like a normal phone but have it covered in fuzz.

Don't get me wrong, I highly recommend BSE, but pockets are real dust traps!
    How about choice #3-- use the phone and enjoy it. Stop making yourself sick with all this sh*t. Take your time since there's no hurry and-- find yourself an original 9700 body (as in-- the whole outer shell) and when or IF it ever starts to look like crap, which I don't think it will, OR if you ever want to sell it and you want it to look better-- you change the shell and PRESTO!!!--- new phone! Eeeeeeeeee-haaaawww!!! Life's Good. Don't stress.

12-21-09 06:15 AM
    You are so in love with your phone that you are stressing to the point where you will not be able to enjoy it!

Just let some time pass and your love for your phone will wane and all will be good.
    12-21-09 06:28 AM
    Have to agree here. You're stressing way too much over dust. The pillow you put you face on every night has who knows how many times more dust than your screen. Just keep it the way it is, with your screen and bottom piece protected, put it in your pocket with the screen against your leg and enjoy life. Everything will be fine.

12-21-09 08:54 AM
    Have to agree here. You're stressing way too much over dust. The pillow you put you face on every night has who knows how many times more dust than your screen.

Yeah but you usually can't SEE the dust all over your pillow! I'm sure nobody really cares about the dust on the phone pressing against your face, just the light colored dust/lint looks bad on a dark phone.
    12-21-09 09:20 AM
    how are they better? do elaborate
    12-21-09 09:24 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD