07-27-09 12:31 AM
42 12
tools
    Hey everyone. I got my phantomskinz screen protector yesterday and it didn't turn out well at all.

Does anyone know of any screen protectors that don't use solutions to apply?

I had a press on screen protector for my ipod touch and I really would like to find something like that for my Tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by TonyG2388; 07-17-09 at 09:23 AM.
    07-17-09 09:07 AM
    check out seidioonline.com. They have great screen protectors.
    07-17-09 09:37 AM
    do they need water to be applied?
    07-17-09 09:39 AM
    I got the one from verizon with the privacy thing. I haven't put it on yet because I still have the one that came on the phone on.....hahaha.

07-17-09 09:40 AM
    Yeah i got the one from VZW with privacy i love it.
    07-17-09 09:41 AM
    Have a link 2 the verizon protector?? How is it applied?

07-17-09 10:06 AM
    Privacy protector from Verizon, doesn't need water and its easily applied. Get on itttt.
    07-17-09 10:11 AM
    Any link? Sorry I'm being lazy

07-17-09 10:14 AM
    i wonder if these:3X MIRROR SCREEN PROTECTOR FOR BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630 - eBay (item 110414494819 end time Aug-15-09 08:17:37 PDT)
    mirror screen protectors or the privacy ones discussed above make the screen harder to view in sunlight
    07-17-09 10:14 AM
    There is already a thread about the verizon privacy screen protectors. There were some complaints about it affecting the display (losing image quality).

Here's the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ve...27/index2.html
    07-17-09 10:21 AM
    Martin Fields Screen Protectors.

Top of the line stuff.
    07-17-09 10:25 AM
    I ordered a clarivue and a phantom skinz to see what they are both like. The clarivue applies statically, and has decent reviews. Supposedly its really thin though, and the tour screen not being touch screen i wanted something thick enough to make me comfortable. Not sure what I'm going to use so I got both and I'll figure it out when they get here.
    07-17-09 10:28 AM
    I just ordred the screen protectors from seido. No they don't require any water for installation which is why I got them. They look great and seido always has top notch products. Ill let u know when they get here how they work out.
    do they need water to be applied?
    07-17-09 10:30 AM
    just put a new Bodyguardz full phone protector skins on my new Tour last night. by far the best product i have ever used! yes, solution is required for install but it's beyond worth it in the end. took about 35 minutes to install.
    07-17-09 11:03 AM
    I just ordred the screen protectors from seido. No they don't require any water for installation which is why I got them. They look great and seido always has top notch products. Ill let u know when they get here how they work out.

I did as well. I cant wait to get it.
    07-17-09 11:08 AM
    I used an extra screen protector I have for my Nintendo DS from Hori that I purchased at Target for $10. I had to cut it to size but it looks great. I'll try to post pictures sometime today.
    07-17-09 11:09 AM
    The privacy one that is sold at verzion stores is quite nice and keeps prying eyes out of the BBM convos!!
    07-17-09 11:11 AM
    Crap...i orded a phantom skin, which hasnt got here yet. Can you tell me why it didnt turn out well for you? I have invisible shield on my ipod and looks great but i hate the way it feels. The phantom skin isnt supposed to have sticky feel which is why i got it. Ill check out seido as well.
    07-17-09 11:13 AM
    I have a full body phantom skin on my tour and LOVE IT...its by far the best protector out there. I had invisable sheild on my past phones and compared to the phantom skin, Invisable sheild is garbage
    07-17-09 11:23 AM
    nice, well thats good to hear. Any problems installing it? Got any tips for me? I know it comes with 2 sets, and i want to get it right the first time so i can give one to my friend.
    07-17-09 11:28 AM
    The privacy one that is sold at verzion stores is quite nice and keeps prying eyes out of the BBM convos!!
    Ehh.. Ok I'll bite. Because of the Tours screen, It's already hard to view at certain angles. (Not 360, but it's not the easiest phone to "ease drop" on.

I bought the privacy protector yesterday, in regular light (in my home) it makes the screen look u-g-l-y. You can see the lines in it. I'm not thrilled. I'll be looking for a better one but, for time-being I guess it'll remain.
    07-17-09 11:32 AM
    nice, well thats good to hear. Any problems installing it? Got any tips for me? I know it comes with 2 sets, and i want to get it right the first time so i can give one to my friend.
    I do have a big tip for you. try not to get ANY water in your trackball... to much water in the trackball will make the trackball not respond to clicking.. i had to get a replaement tour already sicne i got a little to much water in the trackball the first time. also take your time!

i installed the second set they gave me yesterday on the second tour and it worked out perfect. The feel to the skin is very high top notch and its clear as day, you can't even tell theres anything on the phone
    07-17-09 11:36 AM
    Ehh.. Ok I'll bite. Because of the Tours screen, It's already hard to view at certain angles. (Not 360, but it's not the easiest phone to "ease drop" on.

I bought the privacy protector yesterday, in regular light (in my home) it makes the screen look u-g-l-y. You can see the lines in it. I'm not thrilled. I'll be looking for a better one but, for time-being I guess it'll remain.
    yeah those privacy protectors are junk to say the least. The screen look terrable with that privacy protector on. I don't know how anyone could use that thing
    07-17-09 11:37 AM
    I'm sure the screen protectors the others have suggested are better than the one I'm currently using especially since there's no cutting involved. For those that are curious anyways I've included some photos. The bottom is a little messed up from me using dull scissors.
    07-17-09 11:54 AM
    Another vote for Martin Fields - have one on my 8830 and if Verizon lets me upgrade to a Tour in the next month or so, probably get one for the Tour (someone said the 8900 (Curve?) works in size?)
    07-17-09 12:47 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD