Hi,

I installed the screen protector that came with my otterbox case about 3 months ago, for my 9520. Recently an air bubble has appeared underneath the screen protector which I just can't get rid of. I've even tried heating it up to see if will expand at all and let me get rid of it.

So my question is, does anyone have any smart ideas to get rid of the bubble? Or failing that, would removing this screen protector and buying a new one be a good idea? Has anyone removed a screen protector before? What condition does it leave your screen in after? I guess it would be sticky so I would need to clean it with a bit of alcohol or something.

Any general advice for this issue would be appreciated, plus a suggestion for which screen protector you use. Does it make a difference? (there seem to be plenty to choose from, some more expensive than others).
    Last edited by Solark; 01-19-10 at 06:58 AM.
    01-19-10 06:54 AM
    If the screen protector is from otterbox it won't leave a sticky mess. Air bubbles however are a *****. And for the most part are only able to be worked out within first few minutes of applying it.

I personally have dealt with invisishield and they are a great company. Phantomskinz are also highly recommended on this site too.

The best ones are those made from the scratchproof tearproof stuff. Even the protectors otterbox use scratch up (not the screen)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 07:01 AM
    I would remove the current screen protector and go with invisi-shield (I think that's it.) I have one on my Bold. I had it put on at Best Buy and it comes with a replacement warranty if scratched or damaged.A little pricey, 20-30 USD, but the screen keeps it luster and no smudges.Well, the smudges aren't as bad.
    01-19-10 07:08 AM
    I removed the otterbox screen protector from my S2 without a problem... no mess whatsoever.
    01-19-10 07:16 AM
    invisishield all the way...and it definitely shouldn't leave a mess on the screen
    01-19-10 07:28 AM
    Well gang, I have to admit I over pay for my protectors. I buy them from VZW but do not have any issues. I just had to replace on as it got scratched but not the screen on my S2.

I do have concern with the protectors that you have to wet and then squeeze the excess water out and the possibility of getting water inside the screen area.
    01-19-10 07:39 AM
    Just take the screen protector off and use the Storm without it. Screen is very tough and won't scratch easily at all
    01-19-10 07:45 AM
    I have a full body Zagg Invisishield that I purchased from Best Buy but I installed it myself. It did take me about an hour & 15 mins to install it but that's because if I had one single bubble I would of flipped out (ocd) lol, and I didn't use the card that they give you to work it, I wrapped my index finger in a single layer of paper towel to avoid having the excess water get into the phone itself and that worked well for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 08:39 AM
    Thanks for all your posts guys, they have been very helpful .
    01-19-10 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD