07-03-09 03:29 AM
28 12
tools
    As soon as I got my storm in January, I slapped a screen protector on it. I just got a replacement storm and it doesn't have anything on it, and I've noticed it's a LOT easier to use. On my screen protected storm, I would have to use only certain parts of my thumb or other fingers to touch the screen and have the screen respond, but I find that without a screen protector, everything just works so much better. I'm starting to wonder if I want to put another screen protector back on it >.<
    06-22-09 10:34 PM
    I noticed the same thing but p thought that it was because I had a mirror protector on my mine. So I ditched the protector and everything has been great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 10:43 PM
    No protector here....my screen is out there and I love it.

06-22-09 10:56 PM
    Going naked I'd best. No scratches after 6 mos.

06-22-09 11:03 PM
    I think the screen stays cleaner ...the glass does not
    Smudge as much as the plastic screen protector
    Does.

06-22-09 11:12 PM
    Going naked I'd best. No scratches after 6 mos.

Really? Do you put it your pocket? Or where? Do you have anything else in your pocket with phone? Do you wipe the screen down like all the time?

I have just never thought about this before. I have always had a screen protector on. This is very interesting though... I do need a new protector so I think I might give this a try.

Thanks
    06-22-09 11:12 PM
    The screen is glass a few months back there was a you tube
    Video with a dude scratching a key across it...I tried scratching it
    With a knife no problems on mine....my brother in law has had the
    Iphone since it came out like 3 years ago with no screen protector
    And he has no scratches. I do use a feather lite case though.

06-22-09 11:26 PM
    I am deathly afraid of going without a case on my storm, even thinking about it makes me nervous ( I know rather dramatic). I have taken my protector off once and it was beautiful I was just to paranoid to leave it that way.
    06-23-09 03:12 AM
    My screen protector actually made my physical buttons loose. I have no idea how that happen but since taking it off my keys have been fine

06-23-09 04:09 AM
    My screen responsiveness is just fine with a protector on and I wouldn't take a chance with out one. I also work in a high damage/risk area.

06-23-09 04:36 AM
    i have 2 screen protectors on mine and i have absolutely no problems using the touchscreen. i play alot of sports so my phone is in my gym bag with my keys and stuff so i need protection
    06-23-09 06:23 AM
    I have my storm for 3 months without any screen protector and its absolutely flawless with no scratches in site anywhere and i use it a lot, carrying it in my pocket with keys sometimes, and still not a glitch, this screen was well thought out before it went to production!

same thing with my iPhone 3G, no screen protector and no matter what i do other then smashing bricks onto the screen, it just don't scratch under normal use!
    Last edited by cheechoz; 06-23-09 at 08:44 AM.
    06-23-09 08:38 AM
    Really? Do you put it your pocket? Or where? Do you have anything else in your pocket with phone? Do you wipe the screen down like all the time?

I have just never thought about this before. I have always had a screen protector on. This is very interesting though... I do need a new protector so I think I might give this a try.

Thanks
    I keep it in a holster. The pocket seems like a terrible place to keep your phone...to me, anyway.
    06-23-09 08:45 AM
    I keep it in a holster. The pocket seems like a terrible place to keep your phone...to me, anyway.
    Yeah and your pens and pencils stay nice and neat in your pocket organizer.

06-23-09 09:20 AM
    Naked screen here. I keep it in a holster at work and pocket when not working. No scratches, screen is perfect.

06-23-09 10:02 AM
    Yeah and your pens and pencils stay nice and neat in your pocket organizer.

That almost hurt my feelings. Pocket protectors are a great place to keep your pencils. It keeps them nice and sharp in case you ever need to stab a smartypants.
    06-23-09 10:21 AM
    so i should ditch the protection and go naked?

ok, will give it a try...
    06-23-09 01:18 PM
    so i should ditch the protection and go naked?

ok, will give it a try...
    The storm screen is designed not to scratch like the iphone. There was a video when the phone first came out where a guy took keys and a hunting knife to the screen and it didn't scratch. Just search youtube and there are a ton of videos now.
    06-23-09 01:45 PM
    Well, I never thought I would do this but for the first since I got the Storm it has had a screen protector on it. So far today I have had it off and I like it a whole lot better, the screen is much more responsive.

I hope I will be fine, My phone is always in my pocket with nothing else that would scratch it. I don't even use my case all the time and the phone doesn't have any scratches on it, Yet...
    06-23-09 02:39 PM
    It is great until that piece of sand gets slid across the screen. Then you are cussing up a storm(no pun intended). It is hard to scratch these screens but not impossible. I have found the Phantom Skinz material doesn't affect the touch screen like the plastic ones from VZW. And it is easier to keep clean.
    06-23-09 02:54 PM
    I have had no problem with my screen protector. I have Phantom Skinz on it and it works the same as it did without a screen protector.
    07-02-09 08:36 PM
    i think the built in protector sucks. I use a zagg.com shield and LOVE it.
    07-02-09 09:26 PM
    I just use the VZW screen protectors sold in the 3 pack. I've never used my storm without one so I really have no basis for comparison other than I do work outside a lot, and if there's even the slightest hint of moisture in the air, my phone goes straight into a ziploc baggie. I can't tell any difference between having it out in the open vs in a ziploc, so I can't imagine there would be too much difference with having nothing at all. There may be a differenc but I'm sure its marginal at best.

07-02-09 11:56 PM
    I had thought naked screen is the best before I got the screen protector what I'm using. This protector is totally smudge free. (I forgot the product name.) So I don't need to clean up the screen anymore because it never let the oily thing left after I use the phone. I know storm's screen is the very hard to be scratched, but I hated smudges on the screen whenever I forgot the clean up.
    07-03-09 12:07 AM
    i think the built in protector sucks. I use a zagg.com shield and LOVE it.
    Ditto this! Have had mine on for about 3 months now as a replacement for the thin sheet protecting the screen that came with the device. Works just fine - responds to touch with no issues.
    07-03-09 12:22 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD