Do you use a screen protector on the 9800? I just installed a Zagg Invisible Shield and it is so thick, it totally incapacitates the touch screen function.

What screen protector are you using and does it work well?
    10-04-10 01:25 PM
    zagg sucks.

Get a hard screen protector that is thin, not a thick, gummy protector (like zagg). Not to mention that gummy crap has an orange peel effect that makes the screen look weird.

Any $1-2 screen protector on ebay will likely be far, far better.
    10-04-10 01:26 PM
    zagg sucks.

Get a hard screen protector that is thin, not a thick, gummy protector (like zagg). Not to mention that gummy crap has an orange peel effect that makes the screen look weird.

Any $1-2 screen protector on ebay will likely be far, far better.
    Any suggestions? You are talking about a stick on screen protector right?
    10-04-10 01:27 PM
    Any of the hard screen protectors that static cling to the screen, not adhesive.

You can infinitely apply/reapply, etc.

This is the one that I got and it works perfect.

Clear LCD Screen Protector BlackBerry Torch 9800 AT&T - eBay (item 250694811876 end time Oct-10-10 00:51:35 PDT)
    10-04-10 01:32 PM
    Any of the hard screen protectors that static cling to the screen, not adhesive.

You can infinitely apply/reapply, etc.

This is the one that I got and it works perfect.

Clear LCD Screen Protector BlackBerry Torch 9800 AT&T - eBay (item 250694811876 end time Oct-10-10 00:51:35 PDT)
    Thanks. Will order some now!
    10-04-10 01:33 PM
    I use a zagg on mine and have been pretty happy with so far. I have not experienced any touch screen issues with it. There was a thread about a company that was giving away full device protectors similar to zagg. I think it was stealth guard...anyway, you pay like $2.85 and they were shipping them out. I ordered two of them and they seem pretty similar to zagg just a bit thinner. You may want to look into that as an option.
    Last edited by DawgMan; 10-04-10 at 01:38 PM.
    10-04-10 01:34 PM
    Small tip, if you want to take it off after it's completely flush on the screen (to realign, or remove dust, etc) don't pick at the corner with your fingernail to do it. If you end up creasing the corner it won't sit flush anymore.

I just get a piece of kinda strong tape and stick it to the corner to pull the protector up.
    10-04-10 01:35 PM
    Small tip, if you want to take it off after it's completely flush on the screen (to realign, or remove dust, etc) don't pick at the corner with your fingernail to do it. If you end up creasing the corner it won't sit flush anymore.

I just get a piece of kinda strong tape and stick it to the corner to pull the protector up.
    Brilliant. I bought a case mate and it came with a screen protector film too. Just peeled off the Zagg and installed it. Big difference!!!
    10-04-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD