06-19-08 05:00 PM
36 12
tools
    I just ordered the BSE version. I've tried generic screen protectors on my 8330 and they keep peeling off or getting spooge around the edges when I put the BB in the holster I use. I think this stuff will adhere much better.
    06-11-08 02:09 PM
    BSE (Best Skins Ever) has precut screen and full body protectors. heres the link for the 8330:

RIM BlackBerry 8330 Skin

also...check the Crackberry store...they have some too
    Are they pre-cut to custom fit over the ENTIRE screen area?...including the black surrounding the visible screen?

Also, is the one that needs a little bit of water/moisture to adhere?
    1. Yes the screen protector I have covers the entire screen area and black surrounding area. It protects from the function buttons and track ball all the way to the top of the phone with a small cut out for the small ear piece opening - complete and total protection.

2. Yes these need a little bit of moisture to adhere. Not going to lie, I was a little apprehensive to put a wet protector on my BB, but I assure you it is completely safe and works just fine. Just follow the directions and everything will be fine. I put mine on in about 20 mins, gave it the blow dryer treatment (Low and Cool) and its perfect now. I'll drop the link to the thread with the blow dryer infor if you are interested. In the meantime, heres the link to the official BSE directions for application:

Best Skins Ever Application Instructions

The link provided says it does not.

Please Note: Due to the unique finish of the black surfaces of the phone, these areas are not covered. While this surface is highly scratch-resistant, it does not provide a proper surface for the Skin to adhere to.
    06-16-08 02:06 PM
    The link provided says it does not.
    that is referring to the black surfaces on the side of your berry (the rubber-like coating). the screen protector of the BSE WILL adhere to and protect the entire screen area of the Curve. the BSE WILL NOT adhere to the sides of the Curve (where the rubber coating is). your screen and the black area around it (where the Blackberry name and logo are) will be fully covered and protected.
    06-16-08 02:31 PM
    that is referring to the black surfaces on the side of your berry (the rubber-like coating). the screen protector of the BSE WILL adhere to and protect the entire screen area of the Curve. the BSE WILL NOT adhere to the sides of the Curve (where the rubber coating is). your screen and the black area around it (where the Blackberry name and logo are) will be fully covered and protected.
    Ahh, thanks for clarifying that, their paragraph is short adn leaves a little to the imagination.
    06-16-08 02:38 PM
    haha no prob man. PM me and i'll give you my PIN if you need any help
    06-16-08 02:44 PM
    LOL, they suggest waiting 24 hours before turning your device back on, is this really neccessary??
    06-16-08 03:15 PM
    I am using the "Fellows" You get five of them from Walmart for $4.50 and then you just cut them to what ever you need. I have one on my ipod, my Curve, my dig camera, all of my kids Ipod, and on ,my wifes chocolate. They are not the best. But they are cheap and easy to apply
    06-16-08 03:49 PM
    LOL, they suggest waiting 24 hours before turning your device back on, is this really neccessary??
    its recommended but you know us Crackheads..we cant put it down for 30 seconds

once you have applied the BSE screen protector and it has stuck to the screen, hit it with a blow dry on the COOL temp and LOW fan setting. do this for about 20 mins blowing from different angles and you should be good to go. thats what i did for my total body skin and it was good to go in 20.

i posted a link to the thread with the blow dryer instructions in an earlier post (on the first page i think). check that out and follow those instructions and you'll be back on your berry in less than 30 mins.
    06-16-08 08:13 PM
    EBAY. Lookup cs screen protectors. They are custom die cut for the 8330 which is slightly different than the other models. The cs screen protectors are guaranteed for life and scratch resistant so you won't have to replace them. If you do manage to scratch it then they will replace it for free. The cost is apx. 10 bucks. Best investment for your screen!
    06-16-08 09:59 PM
    I got my full body cover from Zagg today - really like it!
    06-17-08 12:11 AM
    Has anyone tried the "ULTIMATE SCREEN GUARD" sold by Seidio? It is held on by static which worries me that it might come off very easy.
    06-19-08 05:00 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD