View Poll Results: Screen protector or not?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definately use one all the time

29 65.91%
  • Don't use em, don't like em!

5 11.36%
  • Undecided

10 22.73%
    i had a screen protector since day 1 installed by At&t and it had a few bubbles and made screen anti glare but also dull so i finally took it off. Was wondering what others did (posted a poll). I took it off last night and the screen is very nice looking. Are there better screen protectors than others? Do i really need one? How scratchable is the torch screen?
    10-21-10 07:23 AM
    I would always keep one on...it helps resale value a lot. Its up to you if you want to keep one on. The screen can be marked up easily

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 07:37 AM
    I just got my Torch a few days and put on the Clear-Coat screen protector. It went on very easily..there are no bubbles and you can't tell it's there by looking at the phone.

The only thing I didn't like was that the screen no longer had the super smooth glide. It feels "different". But, I am already getting used to it.

So, for now, I am happy with the decision to put it on.
    10-21-10 09:09 PM
    I use the Zagg Invisishield. It does take some getting used to but it does a great job of protecting the screen and gives it a little more grip when holding the phone.

10-21-10 09:22 PM
    I installed a Zagg InvisibleShield the day I bought my Torch. I tolerated it for about a week before I decided to take it off. I have no doubt that it protects the screen but it totally takes away the fun of using a touch screen phone, as far as I'm concerned. Plus those screens are supposed to be resistant and I use the OEM Holster.
    10-21-10 09:50 PM
    i might get the screen protector at best buy today. Cant remember the brand they carry but its supposed to be good i guess. Tired of fingerprints on the screen!
    10-22-10 08:09 AM
    I have a "clear" anti-glare and anti-finger print screen protector from AT&T. It does dull the screen a little bit, sure. Nothing compared to how dull it was with the privacy screen on there, though!

It's worth the slight dullness to me to know that if I drop it in my pocket with my keys, or in the never-ending abyss that is my purse, I'm not risking a scratch to it.
    10-22-10 08:37 AM
    I like Ghost Armor, it's a lot like the zagg(same material just not as thick i believe, costs about the same too) but doesn't feel tacky and doesn't detract from the touch screen at all. Also doesn't dim the screen at all like all the others. To be quite honest I'm happy with it, you cant even tell its there, and super easy to put on
    10-22-10 08:58 AM
    I'm using the screen protector from the cb store. Works great and I barely notice it's there. No bubbles at all. Very nice.
    10-22-10 09:48 AM
    I have the torch and have a privacy screen protector on it that i got from the at&t store (it only costed 20dollars). It is GREAT. My girl can not see what im doing when looking at my phone. I would recommend every guy to get a privacy screen protector on their phone if they doing dirt.
    10-22-10 10:04 AM
    Go to best buy get the screen guard. Its anti scratch has an almost rubber feel cost a lot but its awesome . makes it easier to use the touch keypad. Its awesome.. let them put it on for you for the extra 7 bucks no bubbles its great that my recommendation.
    10-22-10 10:19 AM
    i have a privacy screen since day 1.
    with the screen brightness set to 10%, i still find the screen quite bright.
    the screen protector is thick as in very thick.. but that's ok.
    since i don't use any bumper/silicon case.
    just the OEM holster
    10-22-10 10:21 AM
    zagg protector feels great
    10-22-10 10:35 AM
    i had a screen protector since day 1 installed by At&t and it had a few bubbles and made screen anti glare but also dull so i finally took it off. Was wondering what others did (posted a poll). I took it off last night and the screen is very nice looking. Are there better screen protectors than others? Do i really need one? How scratchable is the torch screen?
    Yes you need one, you never know when sand can get into your pockets and scratch up that screen.

Otterbox's screen protectors are great, I used the one which came with my Commuter and it's really thin.
    10-22-10 10:39 AM
    i have bought all my protectors from ebay, never had any issues with them. sent from korea for about 3 bux for 3. i am a pro at putting them on with no bubbles or dust
    10-22-10 11:30 AM
    I got a Torch screen protector at Boxwave -- the Clear Touch Crystal. I've had these on all of my Palm PDAs and my Tilt phone. They are inexpensive but not flimsy and the one for the Torch went on smoothly and easily.

BlackBerry Torch 9800 ClearTouch Crystal - Glass-like clarity BlackBerry Torch 9800 screen protector and enhancement
    10-22-10 04:49 PM
    U guys are crazy for paying more than 10 bux.

10-22-10 04:53 PM
    If they sell you more than one screen protector in a pack, in my mind that means they expect them not to last very long.

I have never had to replace the Boxwave screen protectors on any of my devices, even after years. I think it's worth it.
    10-22-10 05:02 PM
    bought the 2 for $20 screen protectors at at&t store. Wife has a torch too. Looked at zagg at bestbuy and didnt like the thinness and rubbery/silicone feel of the screen with it on. Its an easy to scratch screen protector and expensive.

Bestbuy salesman had one on his phone he showed me. Looked like he drove to work dragging it behind his car. But the actual phone screen was protected. HA!
    10-22-10 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD