02-23-10 07:51 AM
33 12
tools
    Do you have a screen protector on your s2?

Do you think it's necessary (or a good idea)?

Or does it really just not matter?
    02-20-10 10:25 PM
    Ive had a Storm (1 and 2) for over a year and never had a screen protector on either one. Never had a single mark.
    02-20-10 10:30 PM
    I'm still in that anal stage of owning it. They are pretty durable, right? If I were to put it in my bag or pocket, that's a normal place to toss it, right? And most generally it will be safe? (lol)
    02-20-10 10:37 PM
    I did not out one one my storm 1 or my first storm 2 but I did get a small scratch on my storm 2 a couple of months ago. I used a holster and was putting it in my pocket. My new storm2 has a protector on it. I don't want another scratch. I am pretty anal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 10:42 PM
    I put on a phantom skinz on the screen to lessen the fingerprints.
    02-20-10 10:44 PM
    I put a screen protector on EVERY blackberry I own. I mean they cost like $3, and well there's just a chance that you'll get it scrapped and personally I'd prefer to spend $3 and be safe, then to have to replace the screen later (or get used to annoying scratches).

But if you don't feel it's necessary then that's your decision.
    02-20-10 11:03 PM
    I went bare for a while but I went with bestskinsever since they are cheap and alecen a small scratch would get on my nerves. It also helps with finger prints.

02-20-10 11:27 PM
    I put a screen protector on EVERY blackberry I own. I mean they cost like $3, and well there's just a chance that you'll get it scrapped and personally I'd prefer to spend $3 and be safe, then to have to replace the screen later (or get used to annoying scratches).

But if you don't feel it's necessary then that's your decision.
    Yeah I have the same mind set. I am super anal with my phones. When i did not put a screen protector on my first BB i got a mark on the screen(second week i had the phone) and i would always look at the scratch. Would **** me off so much. So now i just always use a screen protector
    02-20-10 11:44 PM
    I was not concerned about scratching the screen, but the fingerprints were making me crazy. So, I added a Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint screen protector to my S2 and I'm very pleased with it. It really does an amazing job of eliminating fingerprints from the screen.
    02-21-10 12:26 AM
    I was not concerned about scratching the screen, but the fingerprints were making me crazy. So, I added a Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint screen protector to my S2 and I'm very pleased with it. It really does an amazing job of eliminating fingerprints from the screen.
    +1 on that...
    02-21-10 01:09 AM
    I'm pretty anal about my device so I got the InvisibleSHIELD Full Body skin on mine. I'd rather pay that than have any nicks or scratches on my phone. Plus, its barely noticeable

02-21-10 02:32 AM
    I'm pretty anal about my device so I got the InvisibleSHIELD Full Body skin on mine. I'd rather pay that than have any nicks or scratches on my phone. Plus, its barely noticeable

+1 I did this also, plus it helps cut down on "smudge/fingerprints" marks on the home screen!
    02-21-10 12:38 PM
    +1 I did this also, plus it helps cut down on "smudge/fingerprints" marks on the home screen!

Oh there someone else who is just as anal about their device as I am! Hey it was 24 bucks, I figured it was worth it, and it works flawlessly so far! No peeling, etc. Plus it just makes the phone look like it has a high gloss on it.
    02-21-10 01:03 PM
    Oh there someone else who is just as anal about their device as I am! Hey it was 24 bucks, I figured it was worth it, and it works flawlessly so far! No peeling, etc. Plus it just makes the phone look like it has a high gloss on it.
    yes! I also like the fact that the IS gives the S2 a "grippy" feel to it, so its not slippery, as it tends to be when naked lol.

02-21-10 01:23 PM
    Where can I find these screen protectors at? I'd love something to reduce fingerprints and smudge - I am constantly wiping the screen with a lense cloth!
    02-21-10 01:55 PM
    Where can I find these screen protectors at? I'd love something to reduce fingerprints and smudge - I am constantly wiping the screen with a lense cloth!
    if your interested in the Zagg InvisiShield, you can either go to www.zagg.com or if you have a Best Buy in your area, they carry them also. That's where I got mine from. Cost is $24-$30 for full body, and Best Buy will install it for you if you'd like for I think its $12 (?) Not sure on that figure, but they aren't difficult to apply if you have patience and take your time to do it

02-21-10 02:23 PM
    Do they have it JUST for the actual screen? I have a purple hard/soft silicone thing on it that I purchased at Verizon when I got the phone, and I like it a lot, I just need something on my screen.
    02-21-10 03:45 PM
    Do they have it JUST for the actual screen? I have a purple hard/soft silicone thing on it that I purchased at Verizon when I got the phone, and I like it a lot, I just need something on my screen.
    yes they do have it for front screen only as well, which is not as expensive. $14.99 for screen only

here is a link to it for ya!

ZAGG InvisiShield for Storm 2 9520/9550
    02-21-10 04:01 PM
    If you hate all the fingerprints go with the "Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint" screen protectors. Absolutely eliminates every fingerprint. It takes a little bit away from the clarity of the screen, but I can stand that and not have any finger prints. Plus I just found out today, after having to go get a replacement s2 at verizon, that it can easily be taken off one screen and re-applied to another.
    02-21-10 04:41 PM
    How come you guys have had to replace your s2's
    02-21-10 09:18 PM
    Screen protectors don't work well with Storm2. The reason i can think of is because of the electrical current that powers the screen on. You will find the keyboard to be very difficult to manage, typing e-mails and sms.
    Consider yourselves warned..
    02-22-10 10:54 AM
    I'm pretty careful with my electronics but my phones probably get the most wear and tear from being in my pockets all day. I have a disposable screen protector (one of the plastic ones from Verizon that come in a green 3-pack) coupled with a silicone case that does the job. The protector has two barely noticeable scratches on it since I bought the phone last fall. Not sure if the regular screen would have been able to handle those scratches, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and keep my screen under the clear protector pristine.

The only complaints I've ever heard about them is that some people feel like they "thicken" the touchscreen (not necessarily on the Storm 1 or 2, but in general with devices like this). I don't know, I didn't experience that at all. In fact, to be honest, I was kind of pissed that the dude at Verizon peeled all of the plastic covers off the phone when he was programming it...I would have preferred to keep that on simply as an extra layer of defense against scratches (and to be a cheapskate and avoid having to buy the screen protectors :P).

I don't know, I think it's better safe than sorry but it seems like most stories I read about here commend the durability and scratch-resistant nature of the Storm2 screen...you probably could get away without one.
    02-22-10 11:05 AM
    Screen protectors don't work well with Storm2. The reason i can think of is because of the electrical current that powers the screen on. You will find the keyboard to be very difficult to manage, typing e-mails and sms.
    Consider yourselves warned..
    That's pretty subjective. I don't have any difficulty typing with the Storm2 with a screen protector on. The only issue I have is text selection, and that's difficult with or without a screen protector on...I haven't heard any issue with the "electrical current" just because of a film-like piece of plastic over the screen.
    02-22-10 11:12 AM
    Sorry, it just doesn't work well even when perfectly aligned in all four corners. Maybe someone else has a better experience.
    A testament to quality build by RIM is the fact that screen on both Storm 1 & 2 is extremely durable! I have managed to drop my phone a few times with not even a single scratch on it. Maybe a minor dent on the bezel but that's about it.
    Last edited by udhaeshkronjave; 02-22-10 at 12:21 PM.
    02-22-10 12:12 PM
    I had the ZAGG Invisible Shield on my Storm1. Now with my Storm2, I'm going without a screen protector and I love it. For guys like me who take care of their phone and don't keep it in a pocket with keys or coin I don't worry about the screen getting scratched.

No more screen protectors for me...waste of money...
    02-22-10 12:25 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD