I am putting a new screen protector on my storm within the next few days and I was wondering what is the best way to put 1 on the storm and not get any bubbles...I know using a credit card to flatten the protector but. Want to make sure that it has no bubbles...its just a stupid ocd of mine...help me please...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 06:56 PM
  2. StillersIX.X.XIII.XIV.XL.XIII's Avatar
    dont touch the adhesive side of the screen protector. start in an upper corner and flatten out the protector with a credit card as you apply it. just take your time and do it right the first time and you wont have any problems with bubbles. hope it works out.
    06-13-09 06:59 PM
    If you can try getting the screen protectors that are a tiny bit thicker and not super thin, like the one that comes with the Case-Mate SmartSkins. I just line it up and let it sort of fall on. I don't press down and I only have one really really really small bubble down in the very bottom corner. Came out great.

06-13-09 07:15 PM
    I cleaned my screen very well and then applied the protector inside a gallon zip bag; closest I could get to a dust free environment.
    06-13-09 11:24 PM
    I replace them almost every day for my customers at the store. The way I do it is pretty simple, even to remove and reapply the same protector without having bubbles.
    With the phone in front of you sitting sideways (landscape mode) start in one corner of the screen slowly working your way across to the other side. Use a thumb to guide the protector down with no bubbles. If one comes up, just peel back enough to clear the bubble, and reapply using the trailing thumb again. You might have to spend half a minute or so the first time doing it... but after a while, it will take you as little as 4 seconds, and you will have no bubbles.
    06-14-09 04:57 AM
    If you have a mini squeegee that should work. They sell them at BestBuy I think
    06-14-09 05:39 AM
    Make sure the screen is clean as well as your hands and use a squeegee its a trial and error that's my own personal experience.

06-14-09 08:46 AM
    All good suggestons. Just as important, however - take your time and don't be in a rush to do it. I don't think you need to buy a squeegee, however. Most of the good screen protectors have one included with the application.

I have the Zagg InvisibleShield on my screen. It applied pretty easily, comes with a thick rubber squeegee and I don't have a single bubble. The finished product works really well on my phone.
    06-14-09 08:49 AM
    I put on one of VZ screen protectors that come in a pack of three onto my Storm over 2 months ago when the original protector that came on the Storm had way too many scratches on it.

I am thoroughly impressed with the VZ protectors. Not a single scratch on it since I installed it unlike the flimsy original protector that seemed to get scratches all the time. I also carry the Storm in my pocket and still nothing with the VZ version.

I used 1 of the 3 protectors as practice and kept putting it on and removing it until I got the hang of it since there were bubbles. The second went on perfectly with zero bubbles at all.

A recommend for the VZ protectors.
    06-15-09 06:31 PM
    I've been using these sweet mirror screen protecters look bada$$ when backlights off and looks sweet in my otterbox highly reccomend u can get them on Amazon for .30 cents no joke I got my otterbox there to for only $33.xx

06-15-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD