Hi, I recently bought a BB curve 8520. I had a little problem....I put it in my back pocket and I sat on it.

Its working perfect but a little line appeared in the screen lens protector! Im sure that it not the lcd screen because if I push a little bit of the screen lens protector, the little line (like if it was air) it moves to another part of the screen, and if I let it go, it returns to the center of the lens.

I think that what happened is that the screen lens protector was pushed towards the lcd in the middle thats why the line moves.

Do you think that if I take out that screen lens protector, and put it back again, would fade away that line? The screen lens protector is curved towards the lcd in the center.

If I take apart the screen protector, do I need adhesive to put it back or it just snaps? I have seen several videos but it doesnt specify the adhesive part.

If I heat the screen lens protector with a hair dryer, the line disappears but when it gets cold again, the line reappears.

I posted some pics:
    1- Line in the center of screen
    2- I pressed in a corner of the screen and the lines moves
    3- I pressed on two opposite corners and the line disappears

Best regards
    02-11-10 09:21 AM
    I think your best best is to take the lens protector off and see if the line is there. That way you'll know for sure if its the protector or actual lcd thats the problem. Obviously getting a replacement lens protector will be cheaper than replacing the phone. Good luck
    02-11-10 02:10 PM
    Thanks for your response. And yes, I will try to take out the screen lens protector (I have seen some videos in youtube) and see if that line is caused by the screen lens protector. I already ordered a pair of screen lens protectors (and a opening tool), but Ill have to wait for them to get here. Once I have them, I will try to replace it by myself.

My only concern is the adhesive, do you think that any adhesive will work?

Regards
    02-11-10 03:34 PM
    The screen protectors you're getting aren't self adhesive?
    02-11-10 04:44 PM
    Hmmm its a good question, I dont know because in the description it doesnt describe anything about adhesive or self adhesive...I have to send an email and ask them.

I dont know if by default all screen lens protectors come with adhesive...

Ill keep in touch
    02-11-10 06:45 PM
    if it is a invisibleshield/zagg shield then it is self adhesive and will leave no residue when removed.
    02-11-10 07:52 PM
    ohh I was wondering what a screen lens protector...So that's just a screen protector right?
    02-12-10 04:20 AM
    I dont understand about invisibleshield/zagg shield....maybe I didnt explained well. Its the original cover for the lcd that the BB Curve 8520 has. I havent put anything to protect the BB nor the LCD is like it comes out of the box.

The screen lens protector that I bought was this one:

hxxp://www.truesupplier.com/brand-new-oem-blackberry-curve-8520-lcd-screen-lens-cover-black-c-335-p-1-pr-17684.html

But it doesnt describe if it has adhesive included or not. Thats my question??? Or maybe it comes with adhesive by default...hmmm I dont know and I will have to wait till it arrives.

Thank you for your help!
    02-12-10 11:01 AM
    The lens protectors that I've seen tend to be self adhesive but thats not to say all of them are lol
    02-12-10 03:08 PM
    true suppliers require adhesive to be added, i used double sided sticky tape, works well
    02-12-10 09:36 PM
    true suppliers require adhesive to be added, i used double sided sticky tape, works well
    So if it doesnt come with adhesive, what kind or make
    Do you ude on the Double sided sticky tape?

Or do you recommend me to buy them the adhesive for the screen lens protector?
    I saw like a sticker in their web page.

Thank you for your help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 07:15 PM
    hxxp://www.truesupplier.com/brand-new-oem-blackberry-curve-8520-lcd-screen-lens-cover-black-c-335-p-1-pr-17684.html

added a url link...it's a replacement cover not a not a screen protector
    Last edited by j.p.hatfield; 02-14-10 at 07:35 PM.
    02-14-10 07:33 PM
    Yes, according to your link, thats the "replacement cover" that I bought. My concern is to know if that cover comes with "self adhesive" or not. In the description it doesnt says. I continued searching in that page and I found an adhesive:

Screen lens Adhesive glue for Blackberry curve 8520 :: Blackberry :: LCD Screen :: Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.

So now I dont know if I have to buy this extra adhesive or if the cover comes with adhesive on it. User eddyecb tells me that it doesnt come with it and that he used a double sticky tape.

So now Im really confused. The cover hasnt arrived yet, so Im waiting for it to see what comes with it.

Regards
    02-14-10 09:35 PM
    Finally I got the spare parts at my door.

So I decided to unstick the actual screen lens protector. It was very easy with the little blue tool that I bought. It was sticked with adhesive. So I change the screen lens protector, but the OEM that I bought it seemed thinner and more fragile. So I just chenged it (to answer my question, the new screen lens protector comes with self adhesive on it). So I just put it in and it worked.

The only thing was that it had a little bubble on one side (a bubble different from the one that my screen lens protector had) Sorry I like to do things well, so I repaired my old screen lens protector. I separate it from the little glass and I turned the other way so know the little curve was facing me, not the lcd. So I didnt had to add more adhesive, with the same leftovers from the screen lens protector, with those I just stuck again. So finally I got back my entire screen without bubbles on it.

Thanks for your cooperation
    03-03-10 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD