Does anyone know if there is a barcose scanner that will work with the blackberry pearl? I scout used books and am hoping that theres ascanner that'll work from the phone. Pleas and thank you in advance.
    01-31-09 06:21 PM
    I have never seen this program for the pearl. I was looking for the same type application with no luck a few months back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 06:24 PM
    Me neither dream.
    01-31-09 06:34 PM
    Me neither dream.

Would be cool concept but idk that the bb has that technology built into it to process the images and translate them.

01-31-09 06:40 PM
    Would be cool concept but idk that the bb has that technology built into it to process the images and translate them.

Not quite yet. However, perhaps that tech will make it to the BB at some point in the future.
    01-31-09 06:43 PM
    Yeah I'm sure it will be soon. It would make sense. I mean there's phones with 8mp cameras, phones with projectors built in and such. Just a matter of time....

01-31-09 06:46 PM
    born_again_books,
    I think this is what you are looking for, should work on ur Pearl; NeoReader: List of manufacturers
    02-06-09 04:18 PM
    We have one at work I will get you the name on Monday. Mico something.
    02-06-09 10:22 PM
    I would think there is something we have readers on our old Nextel 730's.

02-20-09 08:33 PM

A barcode reader doesn't actually transmit an image. It reads the barcode and sends the numbers only to the connected device. A lot of times it's only a box that sits in between a keyboard and computer. The scanner reads the barcode and the box sends the numbers to the computer just as though someone had keyed them in.

Since the BB supports a Bluetooth keyboard there may be a BT scanner that would work.
    02-21-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD