I've spent the last hour or so (obsess much?) reading up on Curve cases related topics and found that the OEM sleve/pouch (which I was hoping would be found on the AT&T box and wasn't ) is likely the best option for me. I just have a few questions for those that use this pouch:

- Does it deform after little use?
    - Can it hold the Curve if it's fitted with an OEM rubberized skin? (I'd like to use both since I often take the device out of its case and lay it on my desk, car cupholder, etc)

I also read about Seidio cases which look very nice although I read a review which indicated that the case doesn't close completely at the left top corner and it's snaps open with ease so I'm not sure if I want to go that route.

The other only case I found which I searched for and could not see any opinons is the Noreve case: I'd post a link if I could (not yet have 10 posts) but if you'd like to see it, go to Noreve.com and find the Curve on the drop down menu. They're made in Europe but Blackberryden.com carries them nationally. It kind of looks like a vaja case but it has a flap that protects the device when not in use.

Anyone has any experience with it?
    09-09-07 02:22 AM
    I've used it for a 'minute' it's ok, and seems ruggered enough. But, then I wanted to be a cool BlackBerry user, and keep my BlackBerry in my pocket -

I've tried the Seidio holster / case, and again, it's comfortable, and fits the device nicely. It's one of those things you really have to try for yourself...
    09-09-07 04:25 AM
    I think you should also look at rexregina.com Morgan Pouch. The pouch slightly more up market on the OEM Case.

Now i have both and the Seidio Holster and i use the Rex Regina most of the time. Its dependant on what i am doing for the day.

Take a peek....

REX REGINA
    09-09-07 04:31 AM
    The seidio are poor in my opinion. The case does not shut tightly and they are high $$$

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-07 08:00 AM
    Indyarmor, I had one like that! I called them, and they sent a replacement; the replacement was fine...

Now I think I want a Vaja case! They are pricey, even more than the Seidio ones...
    Last edited by navilyn; 09-09-07 at 08:05 AM.
    09-09-07 08:02 AM
    Indyarmor, I had one like that! I called them, and they sent a replacement; the replacement was fine...

Now I think I want a Vaja case! They are pricey, even more than the Seidio ones...
    Ivan, if you hadnt haad said you wanted a Vaja, i would have sorted you out a rexregina case...but you can forget it now....
    09-09-07 08:26 AM
    I've ordered the OEM Blackberry pouch. Looks like some of them have a belt loop, some don't. The Curve is small enough that it can be carried in my pocket all the time, but I want to avoid scratching it like I did with my previous phone since it would inevitably come in contact with coins, keys etc if it's unprotected.

Still interested in finding out if the OEM rubberized skin would allow it to fit in it if anyone has any experience with that specific combination.
    09-09-07 05:03 PM
    sorry mvanderlinden, a skinned Curve would not fit in the OEM Leather Pouch...
    09-09-07 05:08 PM
    sorry mvanderlinden, a skinned Curve would not fit in the OEM Leather Pouch...
    That's unfortunate...

Chinesecat, I saw on an earlier thread you were offering a free OEM pouch when purchasing a 2GB microSD card through eshoplimited.com - Is this offer still current?
    09-09-07 05:23 PM
    Unfortunately mvandelinden, I don't have that promotion anymore. I discontinued that item because I have lowered the 2GB microSD price. You can get both and I will do a discount code so you will get credit for your second purchase on shipping.
    09-09-07 06:13 PM
    I have the OEM rubber skin and the OEM ratchet-clip leather holster, they work together fine. Are you looking for something specifically pocketable?
    09-10-07 05:37 AM
    Has anyone heard if otterbox is going to make a case for the curve?
    09-10-07 10:29 AM
    I have the OEM rubber skin and the OEM ratchet-clip leather holster, they work together fine. Are you looking for something specifically pocketable?
    I like the cleanliness of the OEM pouch. The OEM leather holster looks nice but I don't particularly care for the chrome Blackberry tag and it also looks thicker. The Curve is so small that I can just put it in one of my pockets without having to carry it in my belt so adding a few milimeters to it with a case can't hurt that (particularly being used to bulkier cellphones). I wanted to skin it so I could take it out of the holster when at my desk or car and not scratching the finish on it. Maybe I'm being over protective; I usually am with my electronics though.

I have also been considering flip leather cases since they would offer the protection of a skin and a pouch in one shot. One could just open the flap and that would be the equivalent of the phone being out of the holster, while still being protected in a "skin" so to speak. Most of them have removable clips too, so I could also put it in my belt in case I ever need to.

I've considered four different ones: Fortte, Sena, Noreve and Beyza. They are all compatible with the 8300 sleeper function and all seem to be good quality although the Noreve seems to win in the finish area. The only issue I've read about is that the leather that surrounds the keyboard comes too close to the keys and actually interferes with the usage of those keys closest to the edges. None of the other cases have this problem since the keyboard cutouts are much wider around the keyboard area. In addition, the flap comes from over the top of the case as opposed to from under the case. While this would probably be better when used with a clip, I can see it becoming somewhat annoying while talking on the phone. It also seems to lack camera cutouts but I'm not 100% sure about this since there are no backside photos of the case on their website.

The Fortte case looks well made and the keyboard cutout is much wider. It also allows for customization for a few more dollars. There is no plastic covering the screen and no leather band across the case to interfere with the trackball. Unfortunately, the flap also comes from the top of the phone and it's removable via a snap-on button which adds bulk and may not wear too well over time.

The Sena case has neither of these issues and the flap comes from under the phone. However, I'm not entirely sold on their quality; I know judging by looking at photos on their website is not grounds for making a decision on quality so perhaps someone that owns this case can chime in.

The Beyza case looks like the Fortte case but the flap is permanently attached to the case. However, the description on their website is a little vague so I'm not sure if there's plastic covering the screen or not (doesn't appear so which is good). It also does not specify if it puts the curve on standby when closed. The leather band that runs right below the screen also appears to interfere with trackball operation.

Anyway, I always like to research what I buy; I don't want to cheap out on a case and writing this out helps out, maybe even others that are considering these options as well.

Any input from anyone with experience with any of these cases would be greatly appreciated!
    09-10-07 01:27 PM
    I'm not the original poster, but I do have a question for you.

I'm a new Curve owner, and was looking at getting the OEM rubber skin and the OEM leather holster with the clip, just as you have, BUT, I have been told, by more than 1 person, that the phone with a skin doesn't fit in that holster.

Did you have to stretch out the holster?
    Does it fit, but it's a really tight fit and hard to get in and out?

Steve
    09-10-07 11:27 PM
    You can do this. A lot of my customers love this combo. But then again, a matter of preference.

09-17-07 06:47 PM
    I think that the Fortte is the best out of those style, but its what you want out of the case that is important.

I dont particularly like flip flap cases as i dont have function for them. I prefer a pouch case, and if you are prepared to spend some big money then if opens many more options for you than what you have placed here....
    09-18-07 03:46 PM
    You can do this. A lot of my customers love this combo. But then again, a matter of preference.
    That combo looks pretty good. Then again I'm not really lookig for something to holster.

I think that the Fortte is the best out of those style, but its what you want out of the case that is important.

I dont particularly like flip flap cases as i dont have function for them. I prefer a pouch case, and if you are prepared to spend some big money then if opens many more options for you than what you have placed here....
    After much thought, I went and decided on the Noreve. I decided on a flip case because they offer the protection of a skin and a pouch in a single product really - which is what I wanted to do. They also seem a tad more convenient than a pouch alone; After using the OEM pouch for the past few weeks I was getting a little fed up with looking for places to toss it when having to use the phone or type an email.

I actually received the Noreve case a few hours ago and was waiting to get a good feel for it before I came to post my thoughts about it. At just a few cents over $50 is not what I'd call a cheap case; then again, I think cheaping out on a case for an expensive phone that I'll be carrying for at least two years or so is a mistake. Particularly on a case that somewhat becomes the phone itself.

The first thing I notice about the case upon opening the package is the smell of leather; It reminds me of the smell of a new car. It comes wrapped in plastic, and inside the package is a black cardboard gift box lined with a foam frame that has the Noreve logo embossed in purple print. Nicely packaged I must say.

The leather is soft black matte and I can immediately tell the attention to detail on the product. The area where the phone slips into is hard-formed and contours perfectly to the phone in every respect. The cut-outs for the buttons and inputs are perfectly placed for easy access and contrary to some of the opinions I've read out there, I have not experienced any problems typing. While the edge of the case on the keyboard area does come a little close to the edge keys, it's not close enough to interfere with the operation. There is a small hole on the bottom to allow sound to reach the microphone unobstructed which also happens to be the only cut-out in the case without black stitching around it (too small). There is also a cut-out with metallic mesh on the actual flap that sits over the speaker to allow sound to travel. There are cut-outs for the LED and the camera but not on the flap itself so these two can't be used or seen while the case is closed. The case closes magnetically and I was very surprised to see how well the flap holds when closed; it is also compatible with the Balckberry sleep function. The flap of the case is attached by double stitching to the middle of the back of the case. That way it can be folded backwards to allow camera use (cutouts also perfectly formed and placed, surrounded by stitching). The case is lined with fabric and pretty well padded.

There is no plastic covering the screen on this case which I like (my phone already has a screen protector from Invisible Shield -- awesome product as well) The front of the case when closed has a very small Noreve circular orb embossed in matte aluminum at the bottom right hand corner giving the case a very nice, subdued and sleek look. Overall the quality is top notch and the phone is very, very well protected.

The only disappointment with this case was the clip. I was sort of anticipating this and went ahead and bought it anyway because I don't anticipate having to holster the case (and if I do for some reason, this will do)but the clip looks somewhat flimsy and cheap. It does come with a small chromed screw embossed with the company's name so you can use it instead of the clip which is what I did.

I think I made the right choice on this case. I like it a lot. I was anticipating good quality per the opinions I've read elsewhere and the own manufacturers' claims and it did exceed my expectations in all aspects except for the clip which I personally have no use for. Maybe this will help others looking for cases as well.
    09-18-07 07:45 PM
    I prefer skin cases and my favorite by far is vajacases.com. The quality is awesome, and I've gotten many compliments!
    09-21-07 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD