Anyone buy a case from Otterbox yet for their S2? What are your thoughts on it? Which one did you get?
    11-06-09 11:45 AM
    I want to hold out for the defender but I think I may end up buying the commuter just to have some protection in the mean time...
    11-06-09 11:51 AM
    I'm still debating what case to get I can't make up my mind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 12:30 PM
    I already put in my order for the defender at the beginning of the week. I have the commuter for my storm 1 I will say that it didn't feel as safe as I thought it would which is why im switching to the defender for my storm2. I would suggest getting the commuter of you don't want to have to pull a brick out of your pocket but I'm not sacrificing size for safety with my storm2.

11-06-09 12:34 PM
    I really REALLY want the defender...but in the end ill probably go with the commuter due to money constraints with my next paycheck...

Does anyone know if Verizon sells a good cheap case that I can use till then?

11-06-09 12:39 PM
    I really REALLY want the defender...but in the end ill probably go with the commuter due to money constraints with my next paycheck...

Does anyone know if Verizon sells a good cheap case that I can use till then?

I ordered a Commuter.. Had a defender on my storm1 but am opting for a little less bulk in this one.
    Should be here today, ordered yesterday with overnight shipping.

My wife uses one of the skins from VZW for her Storm2.. She loves it.. not sure how much impact protection, but she said she no longer feels like she is going to drop it with the skin on it, it has a much better feel to it.
    11-06-09 03:33 PM
    I ordered a Commuter.. Had a defender on my storm1 but am opting for a little less bulk in this one.
    Should be here today, ordered yesterday with overnight shipping.

My wife uses one of the skins from VZW for her Storm2.. She loves it.. not sure how much impact protection, but she said she no longer feels like she is going to drop it with the skin on it, it has a much better feel to it.
    let me know how it goes, i've had my eye on the commuter
    11-06-09 03:40 PM
    I'm also using the skin I bought from a VZW store earlier in the week. Feels great in the hands and I have dropped it once from about 5 feet with no damage to the phone.

Only thing though, is I'm noticing scratches on the black chrome around the top and bottom of the phone and I'm not sure if it came from the case (or dirt caught in it?) but otherwise a great $15 investment
    11-06-09 03:44 PM
    Well, I went ahead and ordered the commuter. I figured that I will just get the defender as a Christmas gift. Until then I just can't bear to leave my phone unprotected. I will still have to really baby it when on duty but at least when I am off duty at home I won't have to worry so much.
    11-06-09 03:46 PM
    I'm also using the skin I bought from a VZW store earlier in the week. Feels great in the hands and I have dropped it once from about 5 feet with no damage to the phone.

Only thing though, is I'm noticing scratches on the black chrome around the top and bottom of the phone and I'm not sure if it came from the case (or dirt caught in it?) but otherwise a great $15 investment
    Is it pretty good against dust? Thats my main worry, i just got a replacement phone 2 days ago for massive amounts of dust underneath the screen. I bought a screen protector with my replacement and it has kept most dust off the phone...but i am now seeing 2 or 3 specs of dust underneath the screen again in the same corner again.

I know dust will eventually make its way under there, i just dont want it to be so dang soon.

So until i can get my Commuter or Defender case next week i need something to help deter that for a while.
    11-06-09 03:53 PM
    Is it pretty good against dust? Thats my main worry, i just got a replacement phone 2 days ago for massive amounts of dust underneath the screen. I bought a screen protector with my replacement and it has kept most dust off the phone...but i am now seeing 2 or 3 specs of dust underneath the screen again in the same corner again.

I know dust will eventually make its way under there, i just dont want it to be so dang soon.

So until i can get my Commuter or Defender case next week i need something to help deter that for a while.
    Well the skin I have is just a rubber "glove" that fits around the outside of the phone and protects the whole back, sides and corners from possible damage. I didn't mean to confuse it with the clear plastic covers that can be installed on the screen.
    11-06-09 03:56 PM
    Well the skin I have is just a rubber "glove" that fits around the outside of the phone and protects the whole back, sides and corners from possible damage. I didn't mean to confuse it with the clear plastic covers that can be installed on the screen.
    Oh yeah i know, i should have been more specific. Does it happen to cover the edges of the screen rather well to at least give a resistance to dust? Cause i know some cases happen to do that i just didnt know if the silicone "glove" type cases would do so too.

Im not a huge silicone case fan, i love me a sturdy bulky protector. But i do need a cheap temporary case to kind of help that over the coming week.
    11-06-09 04:02 PM
    Ah ok...I gotcha. Yeah, the sides are overlapping enough that I would think it could do a decent job at holding dust back from getting into the screen.

I actually tested all 3 cases the VZW store had here to trial fit them and liked this one the best. I also prefer carrying my phone in my pocket, so thick cases wouldn't work too well for me.

HTH
    11-06-09 04:05 PM
    Yeah i ALWAYS carry my phone in my pocket too, which isnt the best thing to do unprotected in the environment that i work in.

But thanks for all the info boss, ill definitely take a look at that case when i get a chance.
    11-06-09 04:10 PM
    My commuter came in the mail today and I love it. I can tell this will offer great protection to my Storm2.
    11-06-09 04:16 PM
    Nice I'm I might order mines tonight :-)

11-06-09 06:09 PM
    I have the Defender for my S1 cause I'm hard on phones. I'm out in the rain and everything all the time and never had a issue. I'm definitely waitin' for the Def.
    11-07-09 12:47 AM
    Does anybody know if the Commuter has a belt clip or does it have to go in the pocket?
    11-07-09 12:49 AM
    It doesn't have a belt clip it just go's in your pocket.
    11-07-09 01:05 AM
    Does anybody know if the Commuter has a belt clip or does it have to go in the pocket?
    No clip or holster comes with the Commuter
    11-07-09 01:05 AM
    The defender comes with the holster but its not available yet.
    11-07-09 01:09 AM
    Just ordered my commuter case from otterbox. Also would like to thanks cobra kommander for providing coupon code to.
    11-07-09 01:13 AM
    Got the commuter case and its great. Too bad the screen protector that came with both my orders ended up going in the trash. The 'non removable' sticker would not come off and pretty much ruined it. Guess I have to go for a privacy screen now.

11-07-09 01:50 AM
    Wow that sucks big time sometimes you just got to have patience putting these screen protectors if not it will turn out ugly from personal experience.
    11-07-09 01:52 AM
    Got the commuter case and its great. Too bad the screen protector that came with both my orders ended up going in the trash. The 'non removable' sticker would not come off and pretty much ruined it. Guess I have to go for a privacy screen now.

That's why I want the Defender. The non-stick cover is really appealing, but the bulk is not.
    11-07-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD