Has anyone had any experience of using the S2 as a mp3 player? If so what are your thoughts? Also would any would recommend a good set of bluetooth headphones for a blackberry?
    11-08-09 11:52 PM
    I think it could replace my ipod touch as an mp3 player. I just load only the songs I wanna hear and hit shuffle. The interface is fine for me and I have no problem with the sound.

As for headphones I got myself a decent pair here...

For only $32.50 each when QTY 50+ purchased - BlueTooth Wireless Stereo Headset - Blue | BlueTooth Wireless Stereo HeadSet

Built in mic for phone calls and it locks in great with the storm. Not too bad a price either. Nota brand name but im not looking to drop a ton of bucks on a high end pair. They work and sound just fine for me. Even with pandora and slacker.

They are all sold out of each color but im sure they will stock more soon. Got real good reviews too.
    11-09-09 01:14 AM
    I have used my BB's as a MP3 player everyday with no trouble. My Storm 2 has been no different. I use a Motorola S9-HD bluetooth headset and love it. I have found sound quality to be excellent and the fit to be comfortable, once you get used to it. When Im not listening to my MP3's I use Pandora, which sounds great as well.
    11-09-09 01:42 AM
    I used my old curve 8330 as my main mp3 player before I got my Storm2. Although the curve's media player is a little lack luster, I'd still say that it made a good mp3 player. The Storm2 far surpasses that. =) its a beautiful device. I use the media player all the time with my Bluetooth headset (platronics voyager 855) and its crystal clear. May I suggest Slacker radio as well. Its a very nice streaming internet radio app. Hope I helped!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 02:03 AM
    I prefer the iheart radio app. Its nice. I could easily use my S2 as an MP3 player. Only thing I could think of that may be a problem is battery life..

11-09-09 02:34 AM
    I LOVE IT!! the interface is pretty simple and very easy to use. my only issue is that when you are listening to music, with headphones, your music will ocasionally stop whenever you get texts or calls. I found a partial fix which is to put your phone in silent mode, but i wouldnt mind an option to here a small alert while your music is playing . other than that im really happy with my new storm 2
    11-09-09 10:39 AM
    Does anyone make bluetooth earbuds yet?
    11-09-09 10:56 AM
    Does anyone make bluetooth earbuds yet?
    IOGEAR - GBMH221 - Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
    11-09-09 11:03 AM
    Has anyone had any experience of using the S2 as a mp3 player? If so what are your thoughts? Also would any would recommend a good set of bluetooth headphones for a blackberry?
    I use these (Amazon.com: IOGEAR GBMH211W6 - Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones with Built-In Microphone: Electronics). A little bulky on the ears, but they work great and have a built-in mic for making calls also.
    11-09-09 11:04 AM
    That is a great idea. One suggestion though. I would go for a wired headset or even some wired buds. Sound quality will much nicer and your headphones wond need charging. Etymotic and Sennheiser make some nice headsets and buds and for buds only Westone and Jays and Ultimate Ears are great.

11-09-09 11:44 AM
    These are terrific. sound quality is excellent.

http://shop.crackberry.com/sony-eric...medium=content
    11-09-09 12:46 PM
    Thanks everyone!

I have used my BB's as a MP3 player everyday with no trouble. My Storm 2 has been no different. I use a Motorola S9-HD bluetooth headset and love it. I have found sound quality to be excellent and the fit to be comfortable, once you get used to it. When Im not listening to my MP3's I use Pandora, which sounds great as well.
    Afterfire- So you like to S9's? I have read some reviews where people didn't really like them and I was also worried about those they work with blackberry.
    11-09-09 12:59 PM
    Sennheiser? Really? lol the nice ones cost as much as the S2 retail lol...

I have Grado SR80's that I use for listening to music. I modified em to with a bigger chamber, and some high quality platinum wires
    11-09-09 01:03 PM
    Thanks everyone!

Afterfire- So you like to S9's? I have read some reviews where people didn't really like them and I was also worried about those they work with blackberry.
    Yeah, I dont blame you. I probably read every single amazon 3 stars and below review. I was very, very hesitant but after looking around for a while it was hard for me to find a good set of headphones that are light, look good and do the job so I decided to gamble with the 80+ tax they cost at BestBuy. I was impressed and have used them everyday for about 7 months. I used them with my 8320. 8900, 9530 and now 9550 with no problems. It was also a coincidence that I got them the week I had to make a 12 hour drive and the speakers in my car blew(?!) and I used the s9's the whole way. I found they last about 7 hours straight on a single charge, initially anyway. Two drawbacks though...the fit takes some getting used to and the first couple extended uses my ears hurt but now they fit comfortably and also there is no replacement battery. So I think with my frequent usage they will last me a little over a year. The benefits are worth it to me though. Of course, like a lot of other electronics, there can be bad units
    Last edited by Afterfire; 11-09-09 at 01:16 PM.
    11-09-09 01:12 PM
    Thanks... I think I'm going to go check them out at Best Buy tonight. Currently I have an old iPod video so this will be nice alternative to that.
    11-09-09 02:55 PM
    Question for you guys. If you were to walk out of range of the bluetooth headset, or for some reason the headset gets disconnected from its pairing, would the audio then start blasting out of the phone's speakers? Or would the music pause or something? I havn't tried putting music on my phone as I have an ipod touch, but if i can use my bt headset without having to worry about scaring the crap out of my co-workers should the pairing fail it may be something to consider.
    11-09-09 03:17 PM
    +1 i gave up my ipod. I use Blackberry sync with itunes. I have only playlist i want synced. It's great. I alsu us teh S9-hd at the gym with my S2. PERFECT fit!!
    11-09-09 03:32 PM
    Question for you guys. If you were to walk out of range of the bluetooth headset, or for some reason the headset gets disconnected from its pairing, would the audio then start blasting out of the phone's speakers? Or would the music pause or something? I havn't tried putting music on my phone as I have an ipod touch, but if i can use my bt headset without having to worry about scaring the crap out of my co-workers should the pairing fail it may be something to consider.
    I tested for you and it disconnects from the blackberry blue tooth causing the music to stop, but it does not pay the music from the device speaker. Hope this helps.
    11-09-09 03:41 PM
    I tested for you and it disconnects from the blackberry blue tooth causing the music to stop, but it does not pay the music from the device speaker. Hope this helps.
    Oh perfect, thanks a bunch for doing this. Good thing it doesn't start blaring music. Ive had a couple co workers accidentally rip out their plug-in earbuds with loud music scaring the buh-jeezus out of everyone lol
    11-09-09 04:41 PM
    So I went with the Best Buy Rocketfish headphones. As I type this they just finished charging and I'm going to give them a try. They where $40 cheaper then the Moto ones minus the ipod BT dongle which I can buy later if I need it for cheap.
    11-09-09 10:47 PM
    First impression, BB media sync with ituns sucks!! It wouldn't let me transfer anything for some reason when most of my music doesn't have have any drm on it. Instead I did drag and drop worked fine.

Audio wise sounds great imo. I briefly did a call test with my wifes phone but she was sitting next to me so it wasn't a great test. Other then I think it's a great for it's price compared to the moto headsets.
    11-09-09 11:14 PM
    Sennheiser? Really? lol the nice ones cost as much as the S2 retail lol...

I have Grado SR80's that I use for listening to music. I modified em to with a bigger chamber, and some high quality platinum wires
    Grado SR 80i Headphones $99.00

Walmart.com: Sennheiser Stereo Headset for iPhone, MM50iP: Audio $77.93

Question for ya. Who in the **** would want the most uncomfortable fullsize Supra-Arual headphones of all time for listening to MP3's on a telephone?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-10-09 at 02:38 PM.
    11-10-09 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD